Windows 10: OneDrive Issue

Discus and support OneDrive Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two W10 laptops (both version 1909) and I use OneDrive. Is there a way to de-synch my desktop. In other words, there are files I want on one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by compiler7, Feb 2, 2020.

1. compiler7 Win User

OneDrive Issue

I have two W10 laptops (both version 1909) and I use OneDrive.
    Is there a way to de-synch my desktop.
    In other words, there are files I want on one desktop, but not on the other.

(Note: right-clicking the file and choosing to keep on this device does not do the trick. If I delete it from my second computer's desktop, it gets deleted from the first computer's desktop! I would prefer not having the desktops synching at all, but I can't seem to do that.

Mel

:)

compiler7, Feb 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 2, 2020
  4. OneDrive Issue

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive Issue

1. OneDrive Issue - Similar Threads - OneDrive Issue

2. OneDrive Perpetual Syncing Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Perpetual Syncing Issue: Hi. I have a friend's Dell Latitude E5550 with Win10Pro v1903 on it. Just purchased and installed O365, so now he gets 1TB online storage and wants to take advantage of that. I am not a big OneDrive user, so not really familiar with it. I goofed up trying to setup syncing...
  3. OneDrive issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive issues: I have been having issues with OneDrive automatically downloading files upon installing Windows 10 for quite some time now. Every time I make a new installation of Windows 10, be it on a newly-built PC or reinstalling due to software issues, I am spammed with incessant...
  4. OneDrive syncing and search issues

OneDrive syncing and search issues: I have OneDrive installed on a few of my computers and I often have difficulty searching for things using the Windows File Explorer in my OneDrive subfolder. The search can take ridiculously long, and even then the file I am searching for by name may not come up. However on...
  5. Onedrive Issue in Windows 10

Onedrive Issue in Windows 10: Hi all, I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, after Sony pulled its support from Win7. I used to have a working Onedrive and Google's Backup & Sync to sync my files from my PC to Onedrive and Google's Drive app. However, both stopped working after I...
  6. OneDrive syncing issue

OneDrive syncing issue: My OneDrive won't sync my music folder - its stuck at ~500GB/~700GB. This is the second time it has been stuck at this exact same level. I faced this issue earlier and to fix it: 1 I ran the OneDrive reset command 2 Linked and unliked my account 3 Uninstalled and...
  7. Onedrive issues with win7 and win10 on same account

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive issues with win7 and win10 on same account: I seem to have run into a problem. I have a Win7 machine that uses Onedrive to keep Desktop, Documents etc safe on cloud. This is tied to my MS account. I added a Win10 machine using same MS account. There appears to be a problem in including Desktop in Onedrive. There are...
  8. OneDrive syncing issue

OneDrive syncing issue: I set up OneDrive on my external hard disk Seagate Backup Plus 4TB to sync my music folder. It synced 522GB/714GB. I am on Windows 10 Pro 1909. Since then it has beenstuck. I tried resetting OneDrive through %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset to no avail. I...
  9. Just reinstalled Windows 10 - OneDrive issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just reinstalled Windows 10 - OneDrive issue: Just reinstalled Windows 10 and during setup I checked on to install OneDrive, as I use it to back up my phone photos. After everything was finished, I noticed something strange. All of my folders from C:\Users\*my name* were in OneDrive, and not just on my PC. This has...
  10. Issues with OneDrive sign in - Only on one of my computers

Issues with OneDrive sign in - Only on one of my computers: When I create a document and try to save it in OneDrive my desktop computer is having issues. - Asks me to sign in, I enter my username. - It tells me there is no OneDrive account with that username and asks if I want to create one. - I click through and enter in the...