Windows 10: OneDrive - Issues Removing

Discus and support OneDrive - Issues Removing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all. So earlier I posted a topic on a req for help because I have been trying to remove one drive folder. Long story short I ended up deleting all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Darren93435, Jan 24, 2019.

1. OneDrive - Issues Removing

Hi all.

So earlier I posted a topic on a req for help because I have been trying to remove one drive folder. Long story short I ended up deleting all of my files and losing lots of sentimental pictures. I looked up several ways on how to remove this nothing worked (regedit etc.), so I came across a bat file that would remove the keys/folders & files making them gone for good now I ran this bat code it did remove everything now on top of losing everything I still have to deal with my desktop etc. all being in one drive folder now I'm sick to my back teeth of this I want it entirely removed how can I do this any one know ? After I ran the bat, it did delete them however the one drive seems to re-create the folder on my laptop automatically I have uninstalled it. I have tried forcefully removing it nothing is working, and I'm getting seriously annoyed with it now can anyone help, please?

:)

Darren93435, Jan 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    OneDrive Sync Issue

Honestly, I don't understand why you haven't already tried to boot with WinPE or other live disk and manually remove the file? This example using Macrium WinPE boot disk, download Macrium Free and let it create a boot disk for you. Option to create one is shown automatically when you launch Macrium first time:

OneDrive - Issues Removing [​IMG]

1. Switch to C: drive
    2. Change the working folder to your OneDrive folder
    3. Check that the file has no Read Only (r) and System (s) attributes set. As the file name in your case is quite long, you don't have to type the full name. Use the *.* wildcard to replace any number of characters in file name and any extension, in your case command attrib .849C*.* should be enough
    4. If r and / or s attributes are shown for the file, remove them with command attrib .849C*.* -r -s
    5. Check that attributes r & s are removed
    6. Delete the file with del .849C*.*
    (Steps 3 & 5 not necessary; step 3 because removing attributes as in step 4 removes them if set but does no harm if not set, and step 5 because the attrib command works for 100% sure if no error messages are given.)

The file should be removed now. You can test with command dir .849C*.*, it should not be shown anymore.

4. JEmlay Win User

OneDrive - Issues Removing

Remove OneDrive from windows 10 image

I took this a step further and grabbed the install.wim out of the MS ISO. Added FW3.5, removed apps and removed OneDrive. Same exact issue, same exact error. I didn't try it with just OneDrive removal because honestly, that's not an option for me.

btw, Windows 10 ENT x64.

Looks like it'll have to be the Group Policy no OneDrive option for me.

JEmlay, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive - Issues Removing

1. OneDrive - Issues Removing - Similar Threads - OneDrive Issues Removing

2. remove onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove onedrive: On windows11 how to I completely uninstall Onedrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-onedrive/64c7ae53-fc62-47fb-a346-0644f268e2db
  3. Removing OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing OneDrive: I wish to remove the annoying, and totally unwanted Microsoft Onedrive. It’s on my PC but does not appear listed in “Apps & Features” so therefore unable to delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-onedrive/70b0893f-947a-42e6-8791-3e31c867ed2c
  4. Removing OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing OneDrive: I wish to remove the annoying, and totally unwanted Microsoft Onedrive. It’s on my PC but does not appear listed in “Apps & Features” so therefore unable to delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-onedrive/70b0893f-947a-42e6-8791-3e31c867ed2c
  5. Remove OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove OneDrive: I can't seem to fully get rid of OneDrive out of my library's. Shortly after I delete it, the folder keeps coming back. It absorbs my files and after I delete it all my files are gone. And I want my folders to not be linked to OneDrive so I can open them normally. I thought I...
  6. Remove OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove OneDrive: I can't seem to fully get rid of OneDrive out of my library's. Shortly after I delete it, the folder keeps coming back. It absorbs my files and after I delete it all my files are gone. And I want my folders to not be linked to OneDrive so I can open them normally. I thought I...
  7. Remove OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. remove onedrive

remove onedrive: is there any way to remove onedrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-onedrive/3ae0af4a-6eec-4ec0-b949-483e80e21c4d
  9. Removing OneDrive

Removing OneDrive: I have just bought a DELL 27 7777 AIO computer. It has a small SSD and a 2TB HDD. It also has OneDrive pre-installed which I do not want. I have Uninstalled it and removed reference to it from those parts of windows 10 that I could easily access. However OneDrive it still...
  10. Remove OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove OneDrive: Hi .... wish to remove OneDrive from fresh install W10..... have uninstalled it from inside Control Panel but am unnerved to find a OneDrive folder lurking in my username folder, which contains some 10GB predominantly a clone of my Desktop ... please, please could someone...