Windows 10: Onedrive issues with win7 and win10 on same account

Discus and support Onedrive issues with win7 and win10 on same account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I seem to have run into a problem. I have a Win7 machine that uses Onedrive to keep Desktop, Documents etc safe on cloud. This is tied to my MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by agent99, Dec 29, 2019.

1. agent99 Win User

Onedrive issues with win7 and win10 on same account

I seem to have run into a problem. I have a Win7 machine that uses Onedrive to keep Desktop, Documents etc safe on cloud. This is tied to my MS account.

I added a Win10 machine using same MS account. There appears to be a problem in including Desktop in Onedrive.

There are some links on Win 7 desktop that would not work on Win10. I will likely use machines for different purposes, so desktops will be different.

Presumably I could exclude both Desktops from Onedrive, but then it would not be backed up. Possible to rename one Desktop?

Just wondering what others might have done.

- - - Updated - - -
    Section below SOLVED. This was caused by a default setting in Onedrive Settings. Unckecked Files on Demand, everything synced and problem went away!

:)

agent99, Dec 29, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 29, 2019
  3. fjk61011 Win User
    OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows

I entered my primary account email but the Share button does nothing

fjk61011, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows

Yes. Steps 2.1 through 2.3 are meant to be done in a browser signing in to the primary OneDrive account, after receiving the email from secondary OneDrive account that account sent in step 1.7.

For some time already: How I lost my Windows Insider MVP Award | Win10.Guru

Thema:

1. Onedrive issues with win7 and win10 on same account - Similar Threads - Onedrive issues win7

2. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  3. wifi on win10 is slower than win7 on same computer and adapter (settings are the same)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi on win10 is slower than win7 on same computer and adapter (settings are the same): wifi on win10 is slower than win7 on same computer and adapter (settings are the same) setup is dlink dwa 160 adapter using windows driver 5g, 2.4 is turned off from device manager. I get about 140mbs on win7 but only 100mbs on win10, no sharing for the adapter or...
  4. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  5. Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7?

Dual boot Win7 & Win10 on same HDD - How to eliminate Win7?: I had a single hard drive with Windows 7 on it and then created another partition and loaded Windows 10 on that resulting in a dual boot setup.I want to eliminate the dual boot setup and delete the partition with windows 7 on it leaving a single partition with only Windows...
  6. Downgrade Win10 to Win7

Downgrade Win10 to Win7: Hi.... I want to back to use Win7, I bought a new notebook with Win10 installed, Can I downgrade it to Win7? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win10-to-win7/2e9a1762-030d-48ad-ad2c-d0513a2b9f58
  7. Win7 games on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 games on Win10: A while ago I installed Win7 games on Win10 using msgames_win8_x64.msi as mentioned in thread Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I wondered if this was legal but did it anyway. Installing the TH2 update removed the games. I installed them again, but...
  8. win10 unstable bsod win7 same machine never

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 unstable bsod win7 same machine never: i7 4930k 16 mem samsung pro xfx video (3 identical machines) machines year and half old win 7 never a problem, never a crash, never an event in event viewer win 10 over 7, perfect. until look under the sheets with all sorts of recurring errors that this forum has...
  9. Win10+Win7 dual boot issue

Win10+Win7 dual boot issue: Dear all, I hope I have not missed a thread with a similar problem: I had Win10 installed on drive C: with the boot loader on drive D: (where I previously had my old Win10 installation). I wanted to add Win7 to my PC and formated drive D: - I totally forgot that I had the...
  10. Dual Boot on Win7 after issues with win10

Dual Boot on Win7 after issues with win10: hi, I am new on this forum, but not new with windows or OS setup. I was running win 7 (64bit) pleasantly but decided to install Win10, did all the needed stuff for getting dual boot setup. Win10 booted fine, when selected from dual boot menu, but I have many issues on...