Windows 10: OneDrive JavaScript bug

Discus and support OneDrive JavaScript bug in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is a duplicate post from 2019, but apparently the bug still has not been fixed, so adding some extra info here. There is a bug with OneDrive for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NicoleSharp100, Jan 11, 2021.

1. OneDrive JavaScript bug

This is a duplicate post from 2019, but apparently the bug still has not been fixed, so adding some extra info here. There is a bug with OneDrive for Windows 10 Desktop in which if the Internet Explorer Security Properties are set to High, OneDrive will fail after changing the account's Microsoft password with the error message of "Microsoft account requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being blocked. To find out whether your browser supports JavaScript, or to allow scripts, see the browser's online help."

Two workarounds are available: either to reinstall OneDrive or to reset Internet Explorer Security Properties to default levels.

Additionally, the OneDrive Personal Vault will also fail to open from the Windows 10 File Manager if cookies are disabled for Internet Explorer.

Earlier post on same JavaScript bug, with fix via IE properties: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-popup-with-a-login-says-javascript-is/658b76ef-ffd5-44d8-92f4-c6bb4f06ecf5/

:)

NicoleSharp100, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Avast disables JavaScript engine in its antivirus following major bug

Avast disables JavaScript engine in its antivirus following major bug | ZDNet

Brink, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 11, 2021
  4. OneDrive JavaScript bug

Enabling JavaScript in Windows

Hi Monica,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Many Internet Web sites contain JavaScript, a scripting programming language that runs on the web browser to make specific features on the web page functional. If JavaScript has been disabled within your browser, the content or the functionality of
    the web page can be limited or unavailable. In order to guide you in right direction, we would need some more information.

1. Do you face this issue with all the browsers or particular browser?
    2. Is the issue specific to particular website?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer
    How to enable JavaScript in Windows
    and try enabling JavaScript in Windows and check.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive JavaScript bug

1. OneDrive JavaScript bug - Similar Threads - OneDrive JavaScript bug

2. OneDrive - Bugs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Bugs: Installed Windows 11, without intending to. I let it go ahead and install Windows 11s to see if it's worth bothering with. I've uninstalled it before and looks like I'm uninstalling it again. Reason in another post.I have my Media Pictures, Videos, and Music located on E:...
  3. OneDrive - Bugs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - Bugs: Installed Windows 11, without intending to. I let it go ahead and install Windows 11s to see if it's worth bothering with. I've uninstalled it before and looks like I'm uninstalling it again. Reason in another post.I have my Media Pictures, Videos, and Music located on E:...
  4. OneDrive bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive bug: When you restore image of Windows 10 from software like Paragon, files and folders on OneDrive are automatically deleted to OneDrive recycle bin. You need to restore them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-bug/d2ff8dde-1ac7-41ea-93d8-a9b4e0c24423
  5. JavaScript

JavaScript: when I try to connect to the internet a lot of times it comes up I'm connected I try to go to a web site and in the left side of the monitor it comes up JavaScript is corrupt. Can anyone help please Roy...
  6. Javascript

in Windows 10 Customization
    Javascript: Suddenly, my yahoo mail changed. I tried to go back to the format I was using and received a message reading: "An extension is blocking Javascript." I went into my extensions to try and figure out which one was blocking Java, but could not figure it out. How do I find out...
  7. Javascript problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Javascript problem.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sagunmdr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxn0ho/javascript_problem/
  8. Javascript

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Javascript: Hello, I have been trying to correct the JavaScript Error I have been getting. The windows is windows 10 Professional , and I have 16G of memory with an I-5 processor . The problem is when I try to enable HughesNet Usage meter . It used to work just fine . A desktop Icon that...
  9. OneDrive popup with a login, says JavaScript is disabled

OneDrive popup with a login, says JavaScript is disabled: OneDrive keeps popping saying it needs a login. Trying to login results in a message stating JavaScript is disabled. Now, I am 100% sure that JavaScript is enable and working correctly. And to make sure, I double checked the setting, the Dev Console, and the...
  10. OneDrive link bug

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive link bug: I use the OneDrive share link feature to share my photos; it is a great feature. However it has a bug. I recently shared links to two sets of files. One worked for the receivers. The other did not and reported empty file. I deleted the folder, set it up again with the same...