Windows 10: Onedrive just deleted every file on my desktop

Discus and support Onedrive just deleted every file on my desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I store most of my important files on my desktop in organized areas. I opened onedrive because I noticed my desktop folder was located in one drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Noah Koelwyn, May 23, 2024.

1. Onedrive just deleted every file on my desktop

I store most of my important files on my desktop in organized areas. I opened onedrive because I noticed my desktop folder was located in one drive and then today when I opened my computer every file other than shortcuts are gone off my desktop. I need to know how to restore this before I uninstall onedrive.

:)

Noah Koelwyn, May 23, 2024
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 23, 2024
  3. Kevin 15 Win User
    Files won't delete off of OneDrive or Desktop

Yes, I'm using OneDrive.com. Also, I've managed to delete the files on my Desktop! However, the files are still on my OneDrive, and whenever I try to delete the individual files, some give me the error "The resource has changed since caller last read it; usually an eTag mismatch," and others delete just fine. I may just ask the school for help on that issue, as they are the ones managing my OneDrive. One step closer to fixing this issue!

Kevin 15, May 23, 2024
  4. Kevin 15 Win User

Onedrive just deleted every file on my desktop

Files won't delete off of OneDrive or Desktop

Hello, I was downloading my files from a microsdcard onto my school computer to transfer to another microsd card. The problem is the computer automatically syncs all the files to OneDrive. This wouldn't be a problem if the files I uploaded weren't 100+ gigabytes. Now whenever I try to delete the files on my desktop or on OneDrive, they won't delete. The only error messages I've recieved are error 0x80070091, error 0x80004005, and error code:5384 on OneDrive. I've tried everything from pausing the syncing and deleting, deleting on OneDrive, regularly deleting, and it always either does nothing or give me the erros listed above. I need to use this OneDrive for school ASAP but the files are clogging up the space. If anybody can help me with this issue it'd be greatly appreciated .

Kevin 15, May 23, 2024
Thema:

Onedrive just deleted every file on my desktop

1. Onedrive just deleted every file on my desktop - Similar Threads - Onedrive deleted every

2. Onedrive just deleted every file on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive just deleted every file on my desktop: I store most of my important files on my desktop in organized areas. I opened onedrive because I noticed my desktop folder was located in one drive and then today when I opened my computer every file other than shortcuts are gone off my desktop. I need to know how to restore...
  3. Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?: Onedrive deleted my whole desktop somehowI am pretty annoyed with onedrive for a while now. Synchronizing my desktop folder with onedrive has led to problems in the past. So now I decided to deactivate synchronization for my desktop, next thing I know, all the folders on my...
  4. Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?: Onedrive deleted my whole desktop somehowI am pretty annoyed with onedrive for a while now. Synchronizing my desktop folder with onedrive has led to problems in the past. So now I decided to deactivate synchronization for my desktop, next thing I know, all the folders on my...
  5. Files won't delete off of OneDrive or Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files won't delete off of OneDrive or Desktop: Hello, I was downloading my files from a microsdcard onto my school computer to transfer to another microsd card. The problem is the computer automatically syncs all the files to OneDrive. This wouldn't be a problem if the files I uploaded weren't 100+ gigabytes. Now whenever...
  6. Files won't delete off of OneDrive or Desktop

Files won't delete off of OneDrive or Desktop: Hello, I was downloading my files from a microsdcard onto my school computer to transfer to another microsd card. The problem is the computer automatically syncs all the files to OneDrive. This wouldn't be a problem if the files I uploaded weren't 100+ gigabytes. Now whenever...
  7. OneDrive just deleted years of files!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive just deleted years of files!: Over the years I have built up a library or videos, pictures, work presentations, excel sheets, the list goes on. The other day I wanted to share one of those files with a friend, so I thought why not use OneDrive. OneDrive instantly tried to sync my whole hard drive onto the...
  8. OneDrive just deleted years of files!

OneDrive just deleted years of files!: Over the years I have built up a library or videos, pictures, work presentations, excel sheets, the list goes on. The other day I wanted to share one of those files with a friend, so I thought why not use OneDrive. OneDrive instantly tried to sync my whole hard drive onto the...
  9. OneDrive deleting my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive deleting my files: I was wondering why my computer running Windows 10 always gives me this message whenever I close a window? I've just been seeing it the past week or two and I was wondering how to stop it so I don't accidentally lose my work....
  10. My Laptop deletes every files on desktop and they are just gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop deletes every files on desktop and they are just gone: Hello, so my problem is that about every three times when I turn on my laptop again after last night, I'll notice my laptop deletes every single file on desktop. And that's not the only problem, my laptop also keeps signing me out from everything game launcher account,...