Windows 10: OneDrive keeps asking me to set up after unlinking my PC

Discus and support OneDrive keeps asking me to set up after unlinking my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I recently unlinked my PC from OneDrive because I wasn't using it, following Microsoft assistance instructions. However, immediately after... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SimonBourdin, Jun 12, 2020.

1. OneDrive keeps asking me to set up after unlinking my PC

Hello,

I recently unlinked my PC from OneDrive because I wasn't using it, following Microsoft assistance instructions. However, immediately after that, a window popped up asking me to set up OneDrive. I refuse to do so, since that would completely defy the point of unlinking in the first place; however, every time I close it, the window pops back up again instantly. Naturally, there is no option to simply decline. How do I make this stop? If I don't receive an answer quite quickly, I'm going to just uninstall the blasted thing before this harassment drives me completely bonkers.

Thank you in advance.

:)

SimonBourdin, Jun 12, 2020

2. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive keeps asking me to set up after unlinking my PC ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 12, 2020
  4. OneDrive keeps asking me to set up after unlinking my PC

Unlink PC from OneDrive

Hello,

My name is Jennifer, an independent advisor trying to help.

Unlinking will not create anything

Here you have the steps to unlink one driver the right way

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/uninstall-onedri...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/36246-link-...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

Regards.

JenniferCooper19, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive keeps asking me to set up after unlinking my PC

1. OneDrive keeps asking me to set up after unlinking my PC - Similar Threads - OneDrive keeps asking

2. How do I keep my files local after unlinking OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep my files local after unlinking OneDrive?: Hello,I've tried to keep the files local by right clicking the files and choosing the option to "Always keep on this device" and then unchecking/turn off syncing in the Manage Backups tab. After doing so it creates this shortcuts to the OneDrive folder. I would try to unlink...
  3. How do I keep my files local after unlinking OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep my files local after unlinking OneDrive?: Hello,I've tried to keep the files local by right clicking the files and choosing the option to "Always keep on this device" and then unchecking/turn off syncing in the Manage Backups tab. After doing so it creates this shortcuts to the OneDrive folder. I would try to unlink...
  4. OneDrive Red X staying after onedrive has been unlinked to my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Red X staying after onedrive has been unlinked to my PC: I recently unlinked onedrive after I ran out of storage for it curse you 5 gigabites, but the status saying that i was out of onedrive space is still there, that being the red Xis there any way to remove this X? without getting more onedrive space...
  5. OneDrive Red X staying after onedrive has been unlinked to my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Red X staying after onedrive has been unlinked to my PC: I recently unlinked onedrive after I ran out of storage for it curse you 5 gigabites, but the status saying that i was out of onedrive space is still there, that being the red Xis there any way to remove this X? without getting more onedrive space...
  6. OneDrive Red X staying after onedrive has been unlinked to my PC

7. OneDrive Unlink

OneDrive Unlink: Hi. My pc storage is full and I was thinking of unlinking my two OneDrive accounts but I am worried that the files I have on them will be permanently removed. What should I do? I don't mind having to access them online if that's the case....
  8. Unlink OneDrive from a PC remotely

Unlink OneDrive from a PC remotely: Hi, I know how to unlink from within the OneDrive App Settings > Account >Unlink this PC. 1. Is there a centralized location/webpage from where I can manage all the linked PCs/devices and Unlink the ones I do not need? 2. How do I Unlink a PC remotely? Say for when I...
  9. Unlink PC from OneDrive

Unlink PC from OneDrive: All my folders including my desktop are linked to OneDrive. My local PC User folder (Local Disk (C)>Users>user folder) does not have a desktop folder. If I unlink OneDrive, will a desktop folder be created?...
  10. OneDrive keeps asking me to login

OneDrive keeps asking me to login: Are there any temporary files, settings, etc. I can set CCleaner to avoid cleaning, because every time I restart my computer, OneDrive keeps asking for my Microsoft account to continue using it. In a similar fashion, the same behavior can be observed if OneDrive is run...