Windows 10: OneDrive keeps un-checking my "Save space and download files as you use them"!

Discus and support OneDrive keeps un-checking my "Save space and download files as you use them"! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Quite annoying. Every month or so my D: drive fills up because all of my OneDrive files are being downloaded to my local OneDrive folder. I look at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kevin Remde, Aug 15, 2019.

1. OneDrive keeps un-checking my "Save space and download files as you use them"!

Quite annoying. Every month or so my D: drive fills up because all of my OneDrive files are being downloaded to my local OneDrive folder. I look at OneDrive settings and, sure enough, the "Save space and download files as you use them" option is UN-CHECKED. I have to re-check it and go through and "free up space" on a few dozen folders.

OneDrive keeps un-checking my "Save space and download files as you use them"! a82a2302-c70f-43f1-b45e-7c3823eb46b3?upload=true.png

Why is this happening? It's definitely a bug.

:)

Kevin Remde, Aug 15, 2019

2. Download from Onedrive to Save Files on PC

Hi!

I have just moved over 500 GB of picture files from my old PC to a new PC using OneDrive. It took a couple of days for the files to download from OneDrive. They now sit on the OneDrive folder on my new PC - only they don't. Every time I open a picture
    file I see a message saying downloading file from OneDrive. If I check the properties of the Pictures Folder within the OneDrive folder it shows I have some 435 GB of 503 GB saved on disk. This suggests that not all parts of the files have been download.

I want to save the files from OneDrive on my C: drive in Pictures folder. What is the best way to do it? Do I Copy or Move the files in the OneDrive folder?

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks, Nick

Nick Baldwin, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

OneDrive keeps un-checking my "Save space and download files as you use them"!

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive keeps un-checking my "Save space and download files as you use them"!

1. OneDrive keeps un-checking my "Save space and download files as you use them"! - Similar Threads - OneDrive keeps checking

2. OneDrive - getting files back on my PC & stopping them saving in future

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - getting files back on my PC & stopping them saving in future: Upgraded to Windows 11.Mistake - subsequently noticed that all my files are no longer stored on my laptop but are now in the cloud - which I have to say I wasn't expecting or would have agreed to.Don't mind this as an additional backup solution - but for live use this is a...
  3. OneDrive - getting files back on my PC & stopping them saving in future

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - getting files back on my PC & stopping them saving in future: Upgraded to Windows 11.Mistake - subsequently noticed that all my files are no longer stored on my laptop but are now in the cloud - which I have to say I wasn't expecting or would have agreed to.Don't mind this as an additional backup solution - but for live use this is a...
  4. How to check OneDrive storage space

in Windows 10 News
    How to check OneDrive storage space: OneDrive is an excellent cloud-storage platform and rather has a lot of advantages over its rivals. However, the space in OneDrive is limited. If you wish to check the total and used space on your OneDrive account, then read through this article. How to check the OneDrive...
  5. Onedrive keeps un-deleting folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive keeps un-deleting folders: Hello. I have an issue. In a folder inside my desktop there is some files i dont want. Now i delete these files but they keep coming back. And i am almost sure that this is Onedrive's fault. Because everytime they come back they have this onedrive logo. And i cant actually...
  6. Overwrite big files in OneDrive without downloading them

Overwrite big files in OneDrive without downloading them: Hi, I have a bunch of big files (PSD files that I use in photoshop) that are synched up to OneDrive. I also have some of those files backed up on an external drive from where I used to edit them. Whenever I crate a new version of the a given file - with the same name - I...
  7. OneDrive keeps downloading files to computer

OneDrive keeps downloading files to computer: OneDrive keeps downloading files even though Files On-Demand is turned on. It downloads everything until my harddrive runs out of space and I can't do anything. So I go to the biggest files and choose "Free up space". A little while later it starts downloading them again!...
  8. I turned off files on demand in onedrive, onedrive downloaded them, but can not any of them.

I turned off files on demand in onedrive, onedrive downloaded them, but can not any of them.: the onedrive icon on task bar showed it was downloading over 6gig, when I look in the Onedrive directory all, all directories have green circle with white check mark but I can not find any of the using the file explorer, opening the my pc section on the left. any idea how...
  9. Download from Onedrive to Save Files on PC

Download from Onedrive to Save Files on PC: Hi! I have just moved over 500 GB of picture files from my old PC to a new PC using OneDrive. It took a couple of days for the files to download from OneDrive. They now sit on the OneDrive folder on my new PC - only they don't. Every time I open a picture file I see a...
  10. How to check storage space in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to check storage space in OneDrive: While searching online, I haven't found a way to check on available storage in OneDrive. I have Build 9926, it is installed on my system, but I don't see how to check on available storage and how to buy more. The explanations I see online pertain all to Windows 8/8.1. But PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. save space and download files as you use them

2. save space and download files as you use them out of space