Windows 10: Onedrive keeps un-deleting folders

Discus and support Onedrive keeps un-deleting folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I have an issue. In a folder inside my desktop there is some files i dont want. Now i delete these files but they keep coming back. And i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ayşe Ömer Çetinkaya, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Onedrive keeps un-deleting folders

Hello. I have an issue. In a folder inside my desktop there is some files i dont want. Now i delete these files but they keep coming back. And i am almost sure that this is Onedrive's fault. Because everytime they come back they have this onedrive logo. And i cant actually use them. How do i stop this?

:)

Ayşe Ömer Çetinkaya, Jan 1, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Onedrive keeps un-deleting folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Onedrive keeps un-deleting folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 1, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 1, 2021
  4. TarAn_D Win User

Onedrive keeps un-deleting folders

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Onedrive keeps un-deleting folders

1. Onedrive keeps un-deleting folders - Similar Threads - Onedrive keeps deleting

2. Deleted folder keeps reappearing on multiple devices Not using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted folder keeps reappearing on multiple devices Not using OneDrive: This is an issue I've had over the course of over five years and across three systems: In 2018, on a PC running Windows 10 PC A, I accidentally made a folder in my user drive C:\Users\[username]. I'll call this folder "aaa" C:\Users\[username]\aaa because its actual name is...
  3. Deleted folder keeps reappearing on multiple devices Not using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted folder keeps reappearing on multiple devices Not using OneDrive: This is an issue I've had over the course of over five years and across three systems: In 2018, on a PC running Windows 10 PC A, I accidentally made a folder in my user drive C:\Users\[username]. I'll call this folder "aaa" C:\Users\[username]\aaa because its actual name is...
  4. Disable a folder sync, keep on PC and delete on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable a folder sync, keep on PC and delete on OneDrive: The ability to disable syncing of folders in Windows 10 allows you to keep the OneDrive copy and delete the PC copy. I want the opposite: delete the OneDrive copy and keep the PC copy. How do I do it? Thanks....
  5. Disable a folder sync, keep on PC and delete on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable a folder sync, keep on PC and delete on OneDrive: The ability to disable syncing of folders in Windows 10 allows you to keep the OneDrive copy and delete the PC copy. I want the opposite: delete the OneDrive copy and keep the PC copy. How do I do it? Thanks....
  6. Disable a folder sync, keep on PC and delete on OneDrive

7. Unable to un-sync folders in Onedrive catch22

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to un-sync folders in Onedrive catch22: I recently built a new computer and did a fresh Windows 10 install. During the install I entered my Live credentials and I guess Windows automatically selects certain folders to backup to Onedrive, the documents folder and the desktop folders being among those automatically...
  8. Deleting an un-synced copy of one Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting an un-synced copy of one Onedrive: I recently had to do a system re-bootr on my windows 10 PC. When i re-installed one drive I ended up with 2 copies of the same. One shows the blue cloud under status, and the other does not. Am I safe to delete the copy that does not have the blue cloud without deleting all...
  9. Onedrive folder/file deletion

Onedrive folder/file deletion: Had this issue before today's cum update and still there. Local folders created within the default folders (Docs, Pictures, etc) can't be deleted and files within can't be either. If files is in a default folder vs a personally created sub-folder, they behave normally and I...
  10. Problem Deleting Folder on OneDrive

Problem Deleting Folder on OneDrive: I've been backing up some of my stuff on OneDrive, and today, when I tried to rename one of the folders on OneDrive I got an error message saying that the path was too long. I clicked No/Cancel/Whatever-it-was-called thinking that it would abort the rename. Instead, OneDrive...