Windows 10: OneDrive Links

Discus and support OneDrive Links in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day I have only 5GB sharing space on my account its free. If I delete some of the folders that I have shared I need space, and that person has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SindieEsterhuizen, Jun 11, 2020.

1. OneDrive Links

Good day

I have only 5GB sharing space on my account its free.

If I delete some of the folders that I have shared I need space, and that person has not downloaded the files already, will he still be able to use that link?

Common sense tells me no, but I just want to confirm.

S

:)

SindieEsterhuizen, Jun 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    No onedrive

Hello Francis, OneDrive Links :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Jun 11, 2020
  4. OneDrive Links

Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive Links

1. OneDrive Links - Similar Threads - OneDrive Links

2. How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?: Hi, I've created a file request folder and have shared it via link. However, when people have been uploading to it, I'm not receiving any notification. I think previously when I've shared it directly with users I used to get a notification, ie. person X has uploaded a file....
  3. How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?: Hi, I've created a file request folder and have shared it via link. However, when people have been uploading to it, I'm not receiving any notification. I think previously when I've shared it directly with users I used to get a notification, ie. person X has uploaded a file....
  4. Unable to un-link account from onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to un-link account from onedrive: I want to sign in onedrive but I have synced an old account already months ago. Now I forgot its password and can't recover it. I can't unlink that account to add a new account...
  5. Unable to un-link account from onedrive

Unable to un-link account from onedrive: I want to sign in onedrive but I have synced an old account already months ago. Now I forgot its password and can't recover it. I can't unlink that account to add a new account...
  6. OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing: I have new computer setup and when using OneDrive personal on the new Windows 11, I see that a lot of my 100s of .lnk shortcuts to many different network folders e g \\server\folder\subfolder are missing. Is there any setting to include .lnk shortcuts. I see some posts about...
  7. OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing

OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing: I have new computer setup and when using OneDrive personal on the new Windows 11, I see that a lot of my 100s of .lnk shortcuts to many different network folders e g \\server\folder\subfolder are missing. Is there any setting to include .lnk shortcuts. I see some posts about...
  8. OneDrive shared Links!

OneDrive shared Links!: Hi again, I do a lot of presentations using PowerPoint and send out to friends. In the early years they where quiet basic and small maybe 25Mb or under. I had no problem sending by email. The presentations are now much bigger with video content so I have to create a "Share...
  9. OneDrive shared Links!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive shared Links!: Hi again, I do a lot of presentations using PowerPoint and send out to friends. In the early years they where quiet basic and small maybe 25Mb or under. I had no problem sending by email. The presentations are now much bigger with video content so I have to create a "Share...
  10. OneDrive shared Links!

in Windows 10 Customization