Windows 10: OneDrive local files corrupt not in cloud

Discus and support OneDrive local files corrupt not in cloud in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We've got a corrupted C: drive may or may not be related but means we cannot boot into Windows and am trying to xcopy some OneDrive files that haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by musicrabme, Mar 3, 2020.

1. OneDrive local files corrupt not in cloud

We've got a corrupted C: drive may or may not be related but means we cannot boot into Windows and am trying to xcopy some OneDrive files that haven't been synced for a couple of months now.

The xcopy error is

"File creation error - The file cannot be accessed by the system."

The message is a bit misleading. If I try and Notedpad a file I get the same "The file cannot be accessed by the system." message.

This happens to about 66% of the files in this OneDrive folder. IE 33% files can be accessed.

I'll repeat these 66% files are NOT in the cloud.

What's best to try? Is there a OneDrive file repair tool? If I can get access to the OneDrive folder in Windows usual permission problems trying to get to user/OneDrive... I think this is all part of the C: corruption...

I guess I'm worried what will happen when/if I get the OneDrive folder back online.

:)

musicrabme, Mar 3, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User

Using OneDrive as cloud storage only - no local copies

Actually it is local files mirrored to your Cloud Drive. If you need more space, you are going to have to use either a external drive on your network or a bigger drive in your computer. If you stop syncing to your local folder, you will have to use just the OneDrive Cloud folder and will risk losing any data if you lose connection, while working with a file.

bro67, Mar 3, 2020
  3. tfwul Win User
    Using OneDrive as cloud storage only - no local copies

Would you please excuse me and allow me to step in here. Reason is that I am / was looking an answer on the same question.

Correct me if I am wrong and probably I am...
    So far I have understood that files that are stored within OneDrive are in fact copies of local files, i.e. files in the cloud are also stored within the OneDrive folder on C:\ taking valuable SSD space..

Considering this (wrong?) idea the 1TB OneDrive space (that comes Office 365) can't be used together with 512GB SSD (nett 470GB, less Windows, applications and some Windows there is not so much space left.

Uploading 2-300GB would not fit anymore then...

tfwul, Mar 3, 2020
  4. OneDrive local files corrupt not in cloud

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive local files corrupt not in cloud

1. OneDrive local files corrupt not in cloud - Similar Threads - OneDrive local files

2. onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file: I have a chat app that stores its history in a database, which is located in some folder that managed by onedrive. but a couple of days ago, onedrive have had some issues with syncing, today I reset it via onedrive.exe /reset, then it started syncing files.after reset,...
  3. onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file: I have a chat app that stores its history in a database, which is located in some folder that managed by onedrive. but a couple of days ago, onedrive have had some issues with syncing, today I reset it via onedrive.exe /reset, then it started syncing files.after reset,...
  4. Accessing Photos on Local OneDrive File - Error ‘0x8007016A: The Cloud file provider is not...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing Photos on Local OneDrive File - Error ‘0x8007016A: The Cloud file provider is not...: I lost access to a work OneDrive account and I can't regain access to the account having changed jobs. I have photos on my BYOD laptop that I was using the work OneDrive account to back up, but with local copies. The photo files are now marked with what I can only describe as...
  5. Accessing Photos on Local OneDrive File - Error ‘0x8007016A: The Cloud file provider is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing Photos on Local OneDrive File - Error ‘0x8007016A: The Cloud file provider is not...: I lost access to a work OneDrive account and I can't regain access to the account having changed jobs. I have photos on my BYOD laptop that I was using the work OneDrive account to back up, but with local copies. The photo files are now marked with what I can only describe as...
  6. Accessing Photos on Local OneDrive File - Error ‘0x8007016A: The Cloud file provider is not...

7. OneDrive: Local file invalid but Server/Cloud file is valid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive: Local file invalid but Server/Cloud file is valid: By chance I found some image files .jpg on my OneDrive which are invalid on local hard-drive but valid on the server and even valid on other PC...left: valid image blurred for privacy, right: invalid image I renamed it to .bak so that I am able to compare them.Valid:Invalid:I...
  8. OneDrive: Local file invalid but Server/Cloud file is valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive: Local file invalid but Server/Cloud file is valid: By chance I found some image files .jpg on my OneDrive which are invalid on local hard-drive but valid on the server and even valid on other PC...left: valid image blurred for privacy, right: invalid image I renamed it to .bak so that I am able to compare them.Valid:Invalid:I...
  9. OneDrive: Local file invalid but Server/Cloud file is valid

10. OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud

OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud: I have Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and any trying to use OneDrive to store my folders and files online and automatically back them up as I modify the copy of the file stored on my harddrive.I uploaded them to the cloud successfully, but when I modify the file on my hard drive...