Windows 10: OneDrive Locked

Discus and support OneDrive Locked in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I try to connect to my OneDrive and get a message that it's locked. Okay, so I follow the directions to unlock it. I get to the screen where it says to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bud Fudder, Feb 27, 2021.

1. OneDrive Locked

I try to connect to my OneDrive and get a message that it's locked. Okay, so I follow the directions to unlock it. I get to the screen where it says to enter my cell phone number to get a code to unlock. I enter my cell number, press the 'Send Code' link - and nothing. It doesn't send a code. As far as I can tell, it does nothing at all. It clicks like it's a link of some sort, but it doesn't send a code at all. Tried three different cell numbers, and it didn't work for any of them.

I've tried all MS' help options, none of them give any help and, of course, I can't actually get hold of anybody at Microsoft to talk to.

How do I get my OneDrive unlocked?

:)

Bud Fudder, Feb 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 27, 2021
  4. OneDrive Locked

onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive Locked

1. OneDrive Locked - Similar Threads - OneDrive Locked

2. My account is locked because I ran out of storage on OneDrive but I purchased more storage...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account is locked because I ran out of storage on OneDrive but I purchased more storage...: Recently I started noticing files on my computer missing and in other instances I see the folders where I use to have files and the files are gone but the folders are there. I recall awhile ago I saw a little cloud besides certain folders and some request to pay money to...
  3. My account is locked because I ran out of storage on OneDrive but I purchased more storage...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account is locked because I ran out of storage on OneDrive but I purchased more storage...: Recently I started noticing files on my computer missing and in other instances I see the folders where I use to have files and the files are gone but the folders are there. I recall awhile ago I saw a little cloud besides certain folders and some request to pay money to...
  4. Onedrive completely locking up windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive completely locking up windows?: Recently, my PC has been randomly locking up. By that, I mean nothing is responsive. Cannot Alt+tab, ctrl+alt+del, bring up taskbar, etc. This only happens when playing games however, so I initially thought it was my graphics driver. I rolled that back a couple times and even...
  5. Onedrive completely locking up windows?

Onedrive completely locking up windows?: Recently, my PC has been randomly locking up. By that, I mean nothing is responsive. Cannot Alt+tab, ctrl+alt+del, bring up taskbar, etc. This only happens when playing games however, so I initially thought it was my graphics driver. I rolled that back a couple times and even...
  6. I cannot open Onedrive files in explorer. The files are locked with and X. Message: Sorry,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot open Onedrive files in explorer. The files are locked with and X. Message: Sorry,...: I cannot open OneDrove files in file explorer. it's locked with a red cross. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-onedrive-files-in-explorer-the-files/eee7b469-5a61-4c27-92b4-b7add92036c4
  7. I cannot open Onedrive files in explorer. The files are locked with and X. Message: Sorry,...

I cannot open Onedrive files in explorer. The files are locked with and X. Message: Sorry,...: I cannot open OneDrove files in file explorer. it's locked with a red cross. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-onedrive-files-in-explorer-the-files/eee7b469-5a61-4c27-92b4-b7add92036c4
  8. I can't move my Documents to a separate location because onedrive has it locked.

I can't move my Documents to a separate location because onedrive has it locked.: Hi,After the latest update OneDrive forced itself to back up my Documents folder to OneDrive and move it from my data HDD.I try to deselect my Documents from my back up but OneDrive won't let me.I don't want anything to do with OneDrive anymore. I just want it to stop and let...
  9. I can't move my Documents to a separate location because onedrive has it locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't move my Documents to a separate location because onedrive has it locked.: Hi,After the latest update OneDrive forced itself to back up my Documents folder to OneDrive and move it from my data HDD.I try to deselect my Documents from my back up but OneDrive won't let me.I don't want anything to do with OneDrive anymore. I just want it to stop and let...
  10. Windows 11 crashes when locking OneDrive Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crashes when locking OneDrive Personal Vault: Hi,Hoping somebody might be able to help here. It seems like ever since this month's patch Tuesday, Windows crashes whenever I lock my Personal Vault in OneDrive. I use this often enough that I know it was working before the patch Tuesday updates.Windows Version: 22H2OS...