Windows 10: OneDrive: LOST ALL FILES!

Discus and support OneDrive: LOST ALL FILES! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Well, for some unknown reason ALL my OneDrive files are LOST. Anyway to get them back? A message on my Win10Pro system said I could recover them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hans_Solo, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Hans_Solo Win User

OneDrive: LOST ALL FILES!

Well, for some unknown reason ALL my OneDrive files are LOST.

Anyway to get them back?

A message on my Win10Pro system said I could recover them from the Recycle Bin but they aren't there. Zilch.

Thoughts?

This wasn't during an upgrade. I have been copying pictures and videos from my 2TB SSD to a 1T HDD to have additional space.

NEVER even touched the OneDrive area... don't know where it is. All my files were in separate folders that I had created years/months ago.

:)

Hans_Solo, Jan 14, 2021

2. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 14, 2021
  4. OneDrive: LOST ALL FILES!

OneDrive files lost in upgrade

Hi Jody,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description it seems that you might have selected the option Keep nothing while upgrading to Windows 10. If accidently you or else have chosen that option then all of your previous data would have deleted from the system's memory. Sorry,
    to inform you that there is no way to get them back.

However, you may try to check the files in Windows.old folder and see if you can find them. To check the files in Windows.old folder you may refer to the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Press Windows key.
    • Type This PC in the search box.
    • Double click on C drive.
    • Now click on Windows.old folder.
    • Check your data in different users and see if you could find them.

If you will roll back to previous Operating system then also there is very less chance that you will retrieve them. If you still want to get them back then you may use your favorite search engine to find out some application to recover these removed data.

Note: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

For further reference you may refer to the article mentioned below to retrieve files in OneDrive.

Find lost or missing files in OneDrive

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive: LOST ALL FILES!

1. OneDrive: LOST ALL FILES! - Similar Threads - OneDrive LOST FILES

2. I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!: My computer was giving me a warning for the storage being too full, and the "Free Up Space" option wasn't being any help, so I opened up Treesize and tried to find something to delete there.I saw that Onedrive was taking up a lot of space, so I went to the Onedrive app and...
  3. I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!: My computer was giving me a warning for the storage being too full, and the "Free Up Space" option wasn't being any help, so I opened up Treesize and tried to find something to delete there.I saw that Onedrive was taking up a lot of space, so I went to the Onedrive app and...
  4. I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive lost files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive lost files: Hello I synced up my laptop on onedrive and i wanted to do the same on my PC but i just wanted couple of folders there not the whole desktop and documents so i obviously after setting up onedrive turned off backing up everything as i said i wanted only couple of folders there...
  6. OneDrive lost files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive lost files: Hello I synced up my laptop on onedrive and i wanted to do the same on my PC but i just wanted couple of folders there not the whole desktop and documents so i obviously after setting up onedrive turned off backing up everything as i said i wanted only couple of folders there...
  7. onedrive - lost files?

onedrive - lost files?: My laptop did an update, I clicked through and it seems to have moved all my files to onedrive. I don't want my files on the onedrive.I have excel spreadsheets that link to each other and this doesn't work well on onedrive - how can I get my files back from yesterday in my...
  8. onedrive lost files

onedrive lost files: I clicked on "unlink this PC" in onedrive settings because i didn't want a person helping me with my pc to be able to access my onedrive. When i added onedrive back to my pc all the files are gone. The folders are still there but nothing is in the files. Please tell me the...
  9. OneDrive lost file

OneDrive lost file: So I was uploading some important large files 29GB from my PC to OneDrive. It took forever and then of course, it said there wasn't enough storage space because I have a free account. I tried to stop it by deleting some of my files assuming they will still be on my computer....
  10. OneDrive : lost files

OneDrive : lost files: Hello everybody, OneDrive has informed me that 4 files have been deleted at a moment I was not on line. Naturally, those files must definitely not be deleted. So, as I was not online, they were still present online. What is the correct procedure to get them back if I...