Windows 10: OneDrive Lost Photos Stored in Subfolders

Discus and support OneDrive Lost Photos Stored in Subfolders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We recently upgraded the OS of our old Win7 desktop to Windows 10. This came with OneDrive, and we decided to put all our photos on OneDrive, to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LDavidH, Sep 28, 2015.

1. LDavidH Win User

OneDrive Lost Photos Stored in Subfolders

We recently upgraded the OS of our old Win7 desktop to Windows 10. This came with OneDrive, and we decided to put all our photos on OneDrive, to save space (which I since discovered it doesn't do). So we transferred all our photos, saved in several folders and subfolders. We then got a new computer, so we synced the new one to OneDrive, and all the files (or so we thought) automatically downloaded to it.
    Today I discovered to my horror that even though all the folders are there, and the photos saved in primary folders are there, most of the subfolders are empty! How come - why didn't the files in those subfolders transfer when the folder itself was transferred? Most of the folders were fortunately backed up on USB sticks, but not all of the children's photo folders - including my daughter's photos of last year's school trip to Iceland.

Has anybody else experienced this? Are Windows aware of this problem? Is there any chance they could still be hanging around somewhere? (And yes, I've checked the Recycle basket.)

:)

LDavidH, Sep 28, 2015

2. Re: Lumia 620 windows 8 phone storage space

Recently received message on phone warning of low space. I don't have too

many apps that I can delete and photos are also stored using OneDrive. If any photos are deleted from

the phone are they automatically lost on OneDrive, or is there a way of still keeping these once stored on OneDrive. Alternatively how reliable is an SD card for additional storage, how much are they and best place to buy one.

Karnoe---01, Sep 28, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 28, 2015
  4. rfruth Win User

Yes OneDrive lost some of my photos but I had them backed up so it was no big deal, very strange, not sure where they went ...

rfruth, Sep 28, 2015
Thema:

1. OneDrive Lost Photos Stored in Subfolders - Similar Threads - OneDrive Lost Photos

2. Pictures subfolder not shown in OneDrive Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures subfolder not shown in OneDrive Photos: Hi All!I've created subfolder in Pictures folder on OneDrive and put some photos there. But these photos are not visible neither in Photos OneDrive Web app, nor in Photos Windows app.All other subfolders in Pictures folder are shown in both places - in Photos app in Windows...
  3. Pictures subfolder not shown in OneDrive Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures subfolder not shown in OneDrive Photos: Hi All!I've created subfolder in Pictures folder on OneDrive and put some photos there. But these photos are not visible neither in Photos OneDrive Web app, nor in Photos Windows app.All other subfolders in Pictures folder are shown in both places - in Photos app in Windows...
  4. Store selected photos only on Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store selected photos only on Onedrive: My new pc with Windows 11 is driving me nuts. I want to upload photos onto the PC but I do not want the photos to go onto Onedrive automatically as they take up too much room. I want to be able to choose which photos are stored in Onedrive with the rest only being stored on...
  5. Store selected photos only on Onedrive

Store selected photos only on Onedrive: My new pc with Windows 11 is driving me nuts. I want to upload photos onto the PC but I do not want the photos to go onto Onedrive automatically as they take up too much room. I want to be able to choose which photos are stored in Onedrive with the rest only being stored on...
  6. How to split Onedrive Photo folder into subfolders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to split Onedrive Photo folder into subfolders?: Hi there,I have a folder with years worth of images. It's so big and difficult to navigate slow that I can't really work with it.Is there a way to split it automatically into subfolders by year so it's easier to manage?Thanks in advance, Gunnar...
  7. How to split Onedrive Photo folder into subfolders?

How to split Onedrive Photo folder into subfolders?: Hi there,I have a folder with years worth of images. It's so big and difficult to navigate slow that I can't really work with it.Is there a way to split it automatically into subfolders by year so it's easier to manage?Thanks in advance, Gunnar...
  8. How to split Onedrive Photo folder into subfolders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Keeping a specific subfolder out of OneDrive

Keeping a specific subfolder out of OneDrive: So I'm having an issue with OneDrive. I've set my "Documents" folder to be synced because It felt like a good idea to get saves for games backed up. The issue I'm now having is that one game I currently play also saves its mods to this location. That folder is now up to...
  10. OneDrive subfolders

OneDrive subfolders: I found in OneDrive a folder named "Attachments". I hadn't created it and it was empty so I deleted it but the next day it was back again but still empty. What is it for?...