Windows 10: Onedrive making copies of excel sheet

Discus and support Onedrive making copies of excel sheet in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a user who created a spreadsheet in excel, then the user enabled autosave so it is now saving to his onedrive. The problem is that onedrive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steven Tiller, May 12, 2022.

1. Onedrive making copies of excel sheet

I have a user who created a spreadsheet in excel, then the user enabled autosave so it is now saving to his onedrive. The problem is that onedrive is now creating multiple copies of the spreadsheet everytime the user saves, for example in the onedrive folder there will be a "testsheet" which is the original, then there is "testsheet1", "testsheet11", "testsheet111" I havent been able to figure out how or why this is happening and how I can get it to stop. Is there any reason why Autosave is not coming on automatically? I checked in options > save, and autosave is enabled

:)

Steven Tiller, May 12, 2022
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Copy Column Headings in Excel from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2 - How?

I have Microsoft Office 2016 Excel on Windows 10.

I want to copy “Column Headings only in Excel” from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2. I do not want to copy data from Sheet 1.
    I tried some Google searches and had trouble following and understanding some of the steps.

In one of the search links I tried, a note said in effect, the column spacing in Sheet 1 did not match Sheet 2 spacing and would not allow me to proceed. So, maybe this can’t be done. I’m sure there were probably other issues, as well.

If what I want to do is possible, please don’t hesitate to make it “simple” in your response.

Thanks,
    Jerry

Jerry8A, May 12, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Help needed with Excel Attendance Sheet

You use the Data tab, Data validation facility to do this.

If you want a coherent explanation then look in Excel Help. Here's the relevant extract from Excel 2007 Help. Excel 2007 Help - Data Validation.pdf

My example:
    - I have written them in what seems to me to be the order of easiest explanation.
    - You'd actually set them up in the reverse order - step 3, step 2, step 1.

1 The result - my dropdown list. I select the cell then click on the dropdown arrow that appears next to it.

Onedrive making copies of excel sheet [​IMG]

2 To set this up, select the whole column [or individual cells] where you want the dropdown to appear then click on the Data tab then the Data validation control. You need to
    - select In-cell dropdown
    - set the Allow entry to List
    - in Source, enter the worksheet name & cell range where you have written the allowable entries - you will generally want to use absolute cell references such as those shown [$ in a cell address means absolute and will not vary as you copy the formula all the way down your column - look this up if you are not familiar with it because it needs a bit of getting used to].

3 Write out the list of allowable entries that will appear in your dropdown list.

Job done.

Denis

4. Try3 Win User

Onedrive making copies of excel sheet

Excel 2010 Document Inspector reports hidden sheets, not shown in VBA

Just a wild shot in the dark ...

Didn't macros get recorded in worksheets before Excel switched to VBA?
    - I can't think how far back this was. Possibly Excel 4 in the early 1990s.
    - Of course, this would make no sense at all if your workbook had been created since, say, Excel 2007.

If your workbook is older than that I'd suggest
    1 Create a new blank one then, with both open at once, use the sheet tab Move or copy ... to copy each sheet to the new blank workbook.
    2 In the VBEditor of the new workbook, create two new modules [Functions, Procedures] and then just copy the code text across from one to the other.
    3 In the VBEditor window of the old one, in the Microsoft Excel objects list select each sheet in turn {including ThisWorkbook} then right-click and select View code. If there is anything in any of them, copy it to the same place in the new workbook.

Denis

Thema:

Onedrive making copies of excel sheet

1. Onedrive making copies of excel sheet - Similar Threads - Onedrive making copies

2. How to Copy Data from Protected Excel Sheet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Copy Data from Protected Excel Sheet: I received a password-protected Excel on my Windows 10 computer, and I do have access to view the sheet, but I am unable to copy and paste any of the data. I have tried a few methods including right-clicking, copying and pasting, and even using a third-party software, but...
  3. How to Copy Data from Protected Excel Sheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Copy Data from Protected Excel Sheet: I received a password-protected Excel on my Windows 10 computer, and I do have access to view the sheet, but I am unable to copy and paste any of the data. I have tried a few methods including right-clicking, copying and pasting, and even using a third-party software, but...
  4. How to Copy Data from Protected Excel Sheet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Excel work sheet

Excel work sheet: I have recovered lost/deleted excel worksheet from my HDD by 'minitool power data recovery software'. But when open "format or file extension is not valid" msg window comes. how can I recover my worksheet....
  6. Excel work sheet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel work sheet: I have recovered lost/deleted excel worksheet from my HDD by 'minitool power data recovery software'. But when open "format or file extension is not valid" msg window comes. how can I recover my worksheet....
  7. Onedrive making copies of excel sheet

Onedrive making copies of excel sheet: I have a user who created a spreadsheet in excel, then the user enabled autosave so it is now saving to his onedrive. The problem is that onedrive is now creating multiple copies of the spreadsheet everytime the user saves, for example in the onedrive folder there will be a...
  8. Onedrive making copies of excel sheet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive making copies of excel sheet: I have a user who created a spreadsheet in excel, then the user enabled autosave so it is now saving to his onedrive. The problem is that onedrive is now creating multiple copies of the spreadsheet everytime the user saves, for example in the onedrive folder there will be a...
  9. Copy Column Headings in Excel from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2 - How?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy Column Headings in Excel from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2 - How?: I have Microsoft Office 2016 Excel on Windows 10. I want to copy “Column Headings only in Excel” from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2. I do not want to copy data from Sheet 1. I tried some Google searches and had trouble following and understanding some of the steps. In one of the...
  10. Updated computer with Excel sheet opened and now the excel sheet is deleted.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated computer with Excel sheet opened and now the excel sheet is deleted.: I updated my computer on Friday and I believe I left an excel sheet I was working on open when I set it to "update and shut down". Now, on Monday, I tried to open the document. it opened, I saved it, and then the whole document went white and the mouse showed it was loading....