Windows 10: Onedrive - Manually Loading always opens File Explorer

Discus and support Onedrive - Manually Loading always opens File Explorer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; G'day all When Onedrives loads at Startup it does so in the background. But when I load it up manually (ie: From the Start menu) everytime it will open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MrEgbert, Jul 17, 2021.

1. MrEgbert Win User

Onedrive - Manually Loading always opens File Explorer

G'day all When Onedrives loads at Startup it does so in the background. But when I load it up manually (ie: From the Start menu) everytime it will open File Explorer to see the Onedrive contents. Is there a way (even if done via batch file!) to prevent the File Explorer window appearing when loading Onedrive manually from the Start Menu? I have tried the below command to see if it would at least minimize the File Explorer window, but to no avail! start /min C:"Program Files""Microsoft OneDrive"\OneDrive.exe Hope that makes sense! Cheers WINDOWS 10 ver: 21H1 Build: 19043.1110

:)

MrEgbert, Jul 17, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer

Open 'OneDrive' folder from the Start menu/AllApps list.

Edwin, Jul 17, 2021
  3. ilangom Win User
    File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

ilangom, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works.

Uninstall OneDrive:

• Search ‘CMD’ from the start menu and choose ‘Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy paste the following command and hit enter:

taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe
    • Copy paste the following command and hit enter once the command mentioned above is completed:

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall
    Delete OneDrive related files:

• Open ‘File Explorer’ and type ‘%UserProfile%\OneDrive’ in the address bar.
    • Select all the files and Delete.
    • Type ‘%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive’ in the address bar and tap Enter.
    • Right click the logs folder and Delete.
    • Delete all the files except the ‘Update’
      folder.
    • Type ‘%ProgramData%\Microsoft OneDrive’ in the address bar and tap Enter.
    • Delete all the files present there.
    • Type C:\OneDriveTemp in the address bar and tap Enter.
    • Delete all the files and restart the computer.

Reinstall OneDrive:

• Open File Explorer and type the following in the address bar:

C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive
    • Double click the Update folder and run the
      OneDriveSetup file.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall OneDrive.

Check if the issue persists after reinstalling OneDrive.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Onedrive - Manually Loading always opens File Explorer - Similar Threads - Onedrive Manually Loading

2. File explorer opens in the middle in small widnow...always.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer opens in the middle in small widnow...always.: Hello, I have very weird issue that I cannot resolve.Everytime I open file explorer any folder/This PC/Any disks it opens in a small window exactly in the middle of the screen. Changing size and moving it doesnt save that. Everytime I open new window it will still open as...
  3. Manual sorting in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual sorting in file explorer: When will or why won't Microsoft address the removing the ability to manually arrange files in explorer? If there is some other software that you were trying to force us to use, what is it? Every update, I expect this basic function to be returned, but it is not.I work with...
  4. Manual sorting in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual sorting in file explorer: When will or why won't Microsoft address the removing the ability to manually arrange files in explorer? If there is some other software that you were trying to force us to use, what is it? Every update, I expect this basic function to be returned, but it is not.I work with...
  5. File Explorer always opens a folder in a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer always opens a folder in a new window: I have under Options selected to "Open each folder in the same Window" yet since the latest Windows 11 update when we finally got tabs, it keeps opening a new window every time I click on a folder. Even if I right-click the folder and select "Open in place" or "Open in new...
  6. File Explorer always opens a folder in a new window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer always opens a folder in a new window: I have under Options selected to "Open each folder in the same Window" yet since the latest Windows 11 update when we finally got tabs, it keeps opening a new window every time I click on a folder. Even if I right-click the folder and select "Open in place" or "Open in new...
  7. Navigation pane in File Explorer always opens to the bottom

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation pane in File Explorer always opens to the bottom: I have a link to the F: drive on the task bar which does get me to my files quickly. However, the left panel is always at the bottom even after trying both solutions here. I previously had a couple more folders on the desktop that were at the bottom of the left panel so...
  8. File Explorer not opening while OneDrive is running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer not opening while OneDrive is running: Hello, I'm having this problem for a while now. Sometimes when I start my laptop, the file explorer doesn't open when I click on it. Even if I try to open some specific folders via the start/search bar. All of the times that it happens, the OneDrive program seems to not be...
  9. OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer: OneDrive folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, etc.) will not open using File Explorer. File Explorer hangs. Folders and files using OneDrive app and OneDrive online work correctly. OneDrive folders do open correctly using a non-Microsoft file manager (TreeSize Personal)....
  10. File Explorer always opens on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer always opens on startup: My windows file explorer always opens on startup, and I cannot get it to stop. It always pulls up on the OneDrive Files (not sure if that is relevant). I cannot find a way to get it to not open. Any help?...