Windows 10: Onedrive mapped doesnt reconnect automatically

Discus and support Onedrive mapped doesnt reconnect automatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have mapped onedrive as a network drive. This works. When I reboot, it doesnt reconnect automatically, even thought I selected reconnect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AhmedH82, Nov 10, 2019.

1. AhmedH82 Win User

Onedrive mapped doesnt reconnect automatically

I have mapped onedrive as a network drive. This works.

When I reboot, it doesnt reconnect automatically, even thought I selected reconnect automatically.

So when I reboot, in the my computer section the onedrive Drive has a red cross through it.

To make matters more annoying, if I click on the drive, I have to click a login box that is prefilled out with my onedrive details.

It seems everything is there, but Microsoft wont click the button itself.

This is a major problem for us, as we copy data on startup (batch file) from the onedrive onto our organisations computers.

I know Microsoft said they would fix this a few years ago, but that didnt happen, so we wrote our own batch file to reconnect networked drives, however this doesnt work with onedrive as someone has to actually click the button.

Is there any way to reconnect the onedrive automatically without having to manually click "ok"?

:)

AhmedH82, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Kumabjorn Win User

Mapped OneDrive but won't automatically connect

I've done everything according to the book (or manual if you want) and mapped my OneDrive so I won't have all the cloud files stored on my hard drive (small tablet) and it works as long as I open the drive (click on it) in File Explorer, despite having set it to remember my credentials and reconnect automatically. But whenever I restart the computer the mapped drive is no longer available and I have to reconnect with it. Is this a bug in W10 or is there anything I can do to fix the problem.

Kumabjorn, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 10, 2019
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Onedrive mapped doesnt reconnect automatically - Similar Threads - Onedrive mapped doesnt

2. Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect: OS:Windows 10 V20H2 PC: Dell XPS8940 Router: Netgear R7000 w/ TomatoUSB Nine of ten mapped network drives on my desktop PC behave normally! The tenth is a problem. It is mapped to the USB drive connected to my router.Sometimes (days) I cannot connect to this mapped drive and...
  3. mapped network drives not reconnecting

mapped network drives not reconnecting: I have a NAS box with folders mapped as X, Y, Z. Windows 10 Home 20H2 build 19042.630 I've followed the steps here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4471218/mapped-network-drive-may-fail-to-reconnect-in-windows-10-version-1809 The drives still fail to connect....
  4. Mapped OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mapped OneDrive: I've been able to successfully map my OneDrive to a drive letter on my computer. I've decided to no longer have a drive letter for my OneDrive. I try using "Unmap Network Drive" and Windows 10 Home doesn't recognize it. How do I get rid of this?...
  5. OneDrive is not reconnecting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OneDrive is not reconnecting: After doing the instructions to recover it, does not work again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-is-not-reconnecting/0491ef85-32f0-4aa9-a8f4-0e5df30c1069"
  6. Reconnect to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reconnect to OneDrive: I temporarily unlinked my computer and account from OneDrive and now I am unable to sign back in. I know I am using the right email and password (it is what I use to log into the computer and to sign into Microsoft Community and post this question) but I keep getting an...
  7. reconnecting to onedrive

reconnecting to onedrive: how do I reconnect to one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reconnecting-to-onedrive/1124a410-6347-4af0-9994-36d06ff6d7d1"
  8. Mapped OneDrive Fails to Reconnect at Login

Mapped OneDrive Fails to Reconnect at Login: I have my OneDrive mapped to my PC and whenever I reboot the machine it fails to reconnect. I saved my login credentials and checked reconnect at login. What happens is the authentication box opens with my username and password in it only in front of my username is the words...
  9. Mapped OneDrive but won't automatically connect

Mapped OneDrive but won't automatically connect: I've done everything according to the book (or manual if you want) and mapped my OneDrive so I won't have all the cloud files stored on my hard drive (small tablet) and it works as long as I open the drive (click on it) in File Explorer, despite having set it to remember my...
  10. Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives

Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives: I've mapped OneDrive to use it as a backup storage per instruction here, but I get the said error every time I reboot. So I wrote a simple batch script to remap automatically when I logon to Windows. Usage: MapOneDrive.cmd [Number of checks] "[IPv4 to ping]" "[Drive...