Windows 10: OneDrive Memories - How did Microsoft get them?

Discus and support OneDrive Memories - How did Microsoft get them? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I understand that by default Windows 10 stores certain sections of a user profile on OneDrive.But my question is HOW did it get my PRIVATE Pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JeffC518, May 27, 2022.

1. JeffC518 Win User

OneDrive Memories - How did Microsoft get them?

I understand that by default Windows 10 stores certain sections of a user profile on OneDrive.But my question is HOW did it get my PRIVATE Pictures from several years ago long before I ever even saw Windows 10?I was still using Windows 7 up until about 2 months ago. So again I ask, HOW did they get it, and WHO gave them the right to invade my privacy in doing so? I know it wasn't Internet Explorer because I never use it. I always use firefox.

:)

JeffC518, May 27, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 27, 2022
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, May 27, 2022
  4. OneDrive Memories - How did Microsoft get them?

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 27, 2022
Thema:

OneDrive Memories - How did Microsoft get them?

1. OneDrive Memories - How did Microsoft get them? - Similar Threads - OneDrive Memories did

2. OneDrive Memories - HOW?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Memories - HOW?: I have asked this question a number of times, and have never received a satisfactory response.What I want to know is very simple. How did Microsoft and OneDrive get access to my files from up to 8 years ago when I never downloaded and installed OneDrive on Windows 7. When I...
  3. OneDrive Memories - HOW?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Memories - HOW?: I have asked this question a number of times, and have never received a satisfactory response.What I want to know is very simple. How did Microsoft and OneDrive get access to my files from up to 8 years ago when I never downloaded and installed OneDrive on Windows 7. When I...
  4. OneDrive Memories - How did Microsoft get them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Memories - How did Microsoft get them?: I understand that by default Windows 10 stores certain sections of a user profile on OneDrive.But my question is HOW did it get my PRIVATE Pictures from several years ago long before I ever even saw Windows 10?I was still using Windows 7 up until about 2 months ago. So again...
  5. OneDrive Memories - How did Microsoft get them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Memories - How did Microsoft get them?: I understand that by default Windows 10 stores certain sections of a user profile on OneDrive.But my question is HOW did it get my PRIVATE Pictures from several years ago long before I ever even saw Windows 10?I was still using Windows 7 up until about 2 months ago. So again...
  6. High memory usage. How to fix them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High memory usage. How to fix them: I have a pretty good set up but Windows servers processing in the background are making MY memory overload.[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-usage-how-to-fix-them/c686de38-8f90-49ef-94df-3329438c1b5a
  7. Did microsoft ditch onedrive overlays entirely?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did microsoft ditch onedrive overlays entirely?: I'm doing that awesome overlay shuffle we all do in the ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers registry key due to the 15 item limit. Microsoft has been exceptionally slow at opening these up, but it appears theyve made concessions where they could. Best i can tell onedrive now uses...
  8. How can I get rid of unwanted gridlines? How did I get them in the first place?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get rid of unwanted gridlines? How did I get them in the first place?: I have gridlines all over my screen. This happened to me a year ago but I've forgotten how to get rid of these onerous and intrusive gridlines. How did I manage to summon them up, anyways? Is there a key to press to kill those intrusive lines for eternity? Sue,...
  9. How did flash drive contents get on OneDrive in User Folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How did flash drive contents get on OneDrive in User Folder?: I do not use OneDrive. At least I do not intend to use OneDrive. However, I have just noticed that the OneDrive folder on my hard drive has contents from a flash drive I have inserted into the PC from time to time. I have several questions: (1) How did this most likely...
  10. How Did My Microsoft Email Get Changed!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Did My Microsoft Email Get Changed!: I renamed my PC. Although I'm not sure if this is the culprit. After booting Windows 10 won't accept my password. IN the sign in screen there are 2 accounts showing at the bottom left. When I click one and put it the password I get logged in. Why or how did my Microsoft...