Windows 10: OneDrive / Merging issues while configuring after sign in on PC / 2 separate Users

Discus and support OneDrive / Merging issues while configuring after sign in on PC / 2 separate Users in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, A user who is part of my family group has also a profile on my own PC as well using her MSA. When she signed on my PC with her MSA, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Darran RB, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Darran RB Win User

OneDrive / Merging issues while configuring after sign in on PC / 2 separate Users

Hi All,

A user who is part of my family group has also a profile on my own PC as well using her MSA.

When she signed on my PC with her MSA, and configured the OneDrive folder it merged both my OneDrive and her OneDrive folders.

There are folders on my PC which she is not supposed to see.

1. Can I delete my folders from her OneDrive configuration safely on my own PC without effecting her OneDrive folders on her own PC?
    2. If I use the block option on my PC for her user and then add her again, will this reset the folder configuration?

Thanks for your help.

Darran

:)

Darran RB, Feb 1, 2021
  2. Raniel V. Win User

"OneDrive isn't signed in" Error message

Good day! I'm Raniel, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

If your account is also signed in on your OneDrive desktop app, can you perform the steps below:

1. Open Control Panel and go to User Accounts > Credential Manager

2. Click on Windows Credentials and check if OneDrive is on the list of credentials then remove it.

3. Right-click on the OneDrive icon on your taskbar and select Settings > Account > Unlink this PC > Unlink this account

4. Try to sign-in again and check if the issue persist.

If the issue persist, you may try to perform a reset of your OneDrive. Please see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/rese...

I hope this helps.

Raniel V., Feb 1, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Suman_B Win User

OneDrive / Merging issues while configuring after sign in on PC / 2 separate Users

signing into onedrive

Hi JoelDavial,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to sign in to OneDrive on your Surface Pro. We do have a dedicated team, which supports issue related to OneDrive. Meanwhile you can try the following steps and check if that helps.

I would suggest you to check if you are able to login to
    OneDrive
    website. If you are able to login to the website, then please try downloading the
    latest version of OneDrive
    and check if that helps.

However, if the issue persist I would suggest you to contact OneDrive support team. You can follow the steps below to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the '?' help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

1. OneDrive / Merging issues while configuring after sign in on PC / 2 separate Users - Similar Threads - OneDrive Merging issues

2. OneDrive specific syncing issues with 2 PC's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive specific syncing issues with 2 PC's: Hello,How to you segregate syncing? I have one MS account, but own two computers. I use them for very different tasks. I want to sync both to one drive for backup purposes only but don't want files from PC "A" to be shown or put on PC "B" or vice versa. One PC is Windows 10...
  3. Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles: Do I have to share the same icons/folders/apps, etc...on the desktop of my user profile screen? I don't need/want most of the things on her user desktop. However, when I delete an item from "my" desktop it also deletes that same item from "hers"....
  4. Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles: Do I have to share the same icons/folders/apps, etc...on the desktop of my user profile screen? I don't need/want most of the things on her user desktop. However, when I delete an item from "my" desktop it also deletes that same item from "hers"....
  5. Desktop icons on 2 separate user profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. 2 Onedrive accounts are merged and I don't them merged>

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 Onedrive accounts are merged and I don't them merged>: I have 2 separate onedrive accounts. One for business and the other personnel. They both have different emails and PW's. Somehow they are merged. I don't know how this happens but I need to separate them if this is possible. I have files showing up on different computer that...
  7. Merging 2 users together?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merging 2 users together?: It sounds really stupid at first, but let me explain. I dont know when but i created a second account on my pc as a sort of private account from the main one i use. Of course this takes up more space on my pc, and now my pc is clustered. I have data on both accounts that i...
  8. Multiple moniter configuration mon1 & 2 separately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple moniter configuration mon1 & 2 separately: Hello please help i cant seem to find any answers online I want moniter 1 onboard to display independently from moniter 2 descrete gpu independently on one operating system such as windows 10 NB! Windows must not use option Duplicate or extend Needs to be screen 1...
  9. does OneDrive sync files accessed by the same user on 2 separate computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    does OneDrive sync files accessed by the same user on 2 separate computers?: Hi, I'm using OneDrive on 2 computers--one Windows 7, the other Windows 10. I use the same Microsoft username and password on both computers. As a test, I modified a file that's stored in my OneDrive folder on the Windows 10 computer. Then I opened that same file from the...
  10. This PC Downloads and Documents have merged and can't be separated

in Windows 10 Support
    This PC Downloads and Documents have merged and can't be separated: Just set up an OEM version on Windows 10 Home on a new laptop. After getting it set up, I moved the Music, Pictures, and Videos folders under This PC to a secondary drive. (I did this by right clicking on the folder, going to Location, and selecting a folder on the secondary...