Windows 10: Onedrive messed everything up help

Discus and support Onedrive messed everything up help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I accidentally synchronized Onedrive with my folders and now I can't delete the folders created by onedrive because i'm getting a "Data in the reparse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PolishPotato69, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Onedrive messed everything up help

I accidentally synchronized Onedrive with my folders and now I can't delete the folders created by onedrive because i'm getting a "Data in the reparse point buffer is invalid" error. I also don't know how to change my desktop folder to the previous one because now everything is only using the onedrive desktop folder instead of the old one

submitted by /u/PolishPotato69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PolishPotato69, Dec 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 16, 2020
  3. My Windows 10 desktop File Explorer must be broken or OneDrive is messing it up?

Allan, let's just get me out of OneDrive completely. I'm tired of messing with it & I have no real need for it nor do I trust that what I have on it will always be the most current version or that it will be accessible or be editable if I'm out somewhere
    due to internet connection issues, permissions or Settings. So, can you just give me the steps to turn off OneDrive completely so it won't ever mess with me again?

I'll just take it off my list forever.

Jeff A. Davis, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Onedrive messed everything up help

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Onedrive messed everything up help

1. Onedrive messed everything up help - Similar Threads - Onedrive messed everything

2. Onedrive messing up separate desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive messing up separate desktops: I have two desktops on different computers, When I originally set up the second computer onedrive synced 'ghost' files over to my new computer, these files existed on that computers desktop but not in the computer. the shortcuts created for programs on the other computer were...
  3. Onedrive messed up my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive messed up my computer.: I have unlinked OneDrive, and uninstalled it, but it is still there. When I tried to get rid of it, it also deleted many files on my new computer and desktop, and corrupted my resident Outlook email data files. It is still backing up files I don't want it too, but having...
  4. Blue screen of death messing everything up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death messing everything up: Hey, so i had a blue screen recently but it REALLY messed things up like some apps just say that i lack priviliges to open the app, i have tried re installing them resetting the computer but it just doesn't work so i was wondering how i could fix it or just some advice if i...
  5. Blue screen of death messing everything up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen of death messing everything up: Hey, so i had a blue screen recently but it REALLY messed things up like some apps just say that i lack priviliges to open the app, i have tried re installing them resetting the computer but it just doesn't work so i was wondering how i could fix it or just some advice if i...
  6. I messed up everything by changing ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up everything by changing ownership: Uhh... yes i did smth dumb... but please help me. I am the admin and the only user of my PC. But yet most of the folders and files is owned by SYSTEM or TrustedInstaller and whenever I try to access or delete those stuffs, it says access denied which was kinda annoying. So...
  7. I messed up everything by changing ownership

I messed up everything by changing ownership: Uhh... yes i did smth dumb... but please help me. I am the admin and the only user of my PC. But yet most of the folders and files is owned by SYSTEM or TrustedInstaller and whenever I try to access or delete those stuffs, it says access denied which was kinda annoying. So...
  8. OneDrive messed up a bunch of computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive messed up a bunch of computers: Lately I came across similar issues on multiple computers, where I had OneDrive installed and after uninstalling it got fixed.1. Start menu, search and cortana not doing anything on pressed.2. missing icons on desktop3. changed spacing on desktopWe had a family subscription...
  9. OneDrive messed up a bunch of computers

OneDrive messed up a bunch of computers: Lately I came across similar issues on multiple computers, where I had OneDrive installed and after uninstalling it got fixed.1. Start menu, search and cortana not doing anything on pressed.2. missing icons on desktop3. changed spacing on desktopWe had a family subscription...
  10. Please help, everything is messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help, everything is messed up: Ok so I’ve had this problem for a long time and I’m finally done with putting up with it, I need to fix it, please if you have a solution say it! Here is my problems: 1.) Cannot open Microsoft Store and any Microsoft store apps 2.) Cannot open Settings and no type of...