Windows 10: OneDrive messed up my desktop's .jar files, How do I get them back to usable?

Discus and support OneDrive messed up my desktop's .jar files, How do I get them back to usable? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I used to host a minecraft server. Up until today. That's because I absentmindedly enabled OneDrive upon a pop up prompt to do so. My server then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Decomane, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Decomane Win User

OneDrive messed up my desktop's .jar files, How do I get them back to usable?

I used to host a minecraft server. Up until today. That's because I absentmindedly enabled OneDrive upon a pop up prompt to do so. My server then failed to boot up due to "Error: Unable to access jarfile filename.jar". All other .jar files either stopped working or disappeared as well. I restarted my PC, unlinked OneDrive, restarted again and downloaded all the required software for the server again to new folders. Restarted again. The .jar file that's supposed to create files and make a command prompt show up only creates one .txt log file despite me waiting and running it multiple times. I a

:)

Decomane, Aug 25, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

jar files

Fixing .jar file opening on Windows requires two steps:

• Open the Control Panel, and chose "Default Programs - Associate a File type or protocol with a program". Find .jar extension (Executable JAR file) there, and pick Java as default program to open this extension. It will probably be listed as "Java Platform(SE)".
      A faster alternative perhaps is straightforward right-click on a .jar file, and then change associated program by clicking on the "Change..." button.
    • Now open the regedit, and open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile\shell\open\command key. Luckilly for us, we may specify parameters there for the (Default) value. This is normally: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Aug 25, 2022
  3. Ovi messes around with my .jar files

Yes, this is completely ridiculous. Nokia PC Suite did the same, I expected newer software to stop messing around with something that is a
    de facto standard: .jar files are Java Archive files. OVI installation should NOT mess with the settings in registry for .jar files.

Run regedit, and look at the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.JAR (note the dot befor JAR)

This is where OVI has messed with things... You will see that the value OVI has set on that key is
    Nokia Ovi SuiteApplicationInstaller_JAR

If you have a key on your system that is HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jarfile Change the setting on

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.JAR to jarfile.

H.

haraldo---01, Aug 25, 2022
  4. temp02 Win User

.java to .jar file

As a side note to Easy Rhinos comment, you can only jar .class files, meaning that you need to compile all the .java files and them jar the .class files resulting from the compilation. Example:
    Code: javac Test.java jar cf Teste.jar Test.class[/quote]

temp02, Aug 25, 2022
Thema:

1. OneDrive messed up my desktop's .jar files, How do I get them back to usable? - Similar Threads - OneDrive messed desktop's

2. OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back: This morning when I turned on my PC there was a ton of red X marks on my files- completely out of nowhere, not sure what I did. When I opened folders, the images in them wouldn't preview like they used to and also had red X marks. Googled it and found out it was OneDrive, and...
  3. OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back: This morning when I turned on my PC there was a ton of red X marks on my files- completely out of nowhere, not sure what I did. When I opened folders, the images in them wouldn't preview like they used to and also had red X marks. Googled it and found out it was OneDrive, and...
  4. OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Messed up File Explorer Search Parameters. How Can I get them back to NORMAL?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Messed up File Explorer Search Parameters. How Can I get them back to NORMAL?: Someone messed with the parameters on my Windows 10 Home Version 21H1. Searching for an item in any of my drives, folders, files, etc results in 1,000s of responses and delves deep enough into the computer contents to show me results from Recycle Bins, Java Script Files,...
  6. Messed up File Explorer Search Parameters. How Can I get them back to NORMAL?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up File Explorer Search Parameters. How Can I get them back to NORMAL?: Someone messed with the parameters on my Windows 10 Home Version 21H1. Searching for an item in any of my drives, folders, files, etc results in 1,000s of responses and delves deep enough into the computer contents to show me results from Recycle Bins, Java Script Files,...
  7. Messed up File Explorer Search Parameters. How Can I get them back to NORMAL?

8. OneDrive messed up my desktop's .jar files, How do I get them back to usable?

OneDrive messed up my desktop's .jar files, How do I get them back to usable?: I used to host a minecraft server. Up until today. That's because I absentmindedly enabled OneDrive upon a pop up prompt to do so. My server then failed to boot up due to "Error: Unable to access jarfile filename.jar". All other .jar files either stopped working or...
  9. How do I get my files back from onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get my files back from onedrive: This is idiotic. All my files have moved to onedrive and I WANT THEM BACK ON MY PC. How do I unscrew my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-files-back-from-onedrive/9ee9e01b-afc3-4a2d-be54-401d4e44cc61
  10. Can I get OneDrive back to Set up OneDrive so OneDrive isn’t usable

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I get OneDrive back to Set up OneDrive so OneDrive isn’t usable: Computer: Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL laptop Windows 10 Home with a Microsoft account. I plan on using How to Uninstall OneDrive in Windows 10 Uninstall OneDrive in Windows 10 --- I wanted to ask first in case there are any gotcha’s since it isn't my laptop. [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ovi java nokia