Windows 10: OneDrive mobile app file appears in "recent" but when opened from original location it is...

Discus and support OneDrive mobile app file appears in "recent" but when opened from original location it is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having trouble finding recent versions of files on OneDrive in their designated locations. Within my OneDrive folder there is only one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jaynyg, Mar 26, 2020.

1. jaynyg Win User

OneDrive mobile app file appears in "recent" but when opened from original location it is...

Hello,

I'm having trouble finding recent versions of files on OneDrive in their designated locations. Within my OneDrive folder there is only one copy of the file, it is up to date on a PC, I can see it in the "recent" on the bottom of the mobile app, but the original folders still have old versions of the files. I've reinstalled the app, logged out then back in, still not working properly.

Thanks for any help. It's not a super pressing issue since I can still see the updated files in "recent."

Jay

:)

jaynyg, Mar 26, 2020
  2. mystvearn Win User

Open file location is missing in pinned apps

Yes. This is the one. Weirdly it now shows all the recent files after update. Maybe that has something to do with it. I did not do anything at all.

Thank you again. I guess the problem is solved.

mystvearn, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Open file location is missing in pinned apps

No, that's not the sort of 'file location' the OP is referring to. Your 'file location' opens File Explorer at the location of the shortcut for that app in the Start Menu's Programs folder. The OP wants the list of recently opened files, or the Jump List as it is known (hover over each one and it shows its file location). Theirs is turned off (and yours by the looks of it).

OneDrive mobile app file appears in "recent" but when opened from original location it is... [​IMG]

4. Jerry8A Win User

OneDrive mobile app file appears in "recent" but when opened from original location it is...

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings

I am trying to save my files to OneDrive as a default. It has always worked as my default. For some reason, the default save location is now Recent. Something caused it to change. All default locations settings in Word Options, my computer and OneDrive settings are set to save to OneDrive. It appears my computer does not recognize these default settings.

Do you have any suggestions how I can have my default locations for files change back to OneDrive?

I use Windows 10. My computer is Dell XPS 8910.

See Screenshots. Screenshot with Recent highlighted shows my current default location as Recent. OneDrive should be highlighted.

Also, I reinstalled Microsoft Office.

Jerry

Jerry

Jerry8A, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. OneDrive mobile app file appears in "recent" but when opened from original location it is... - Similar Threads - OneDrive mobile app

2. Open file location opens OneDrive in a browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open file location opens OneDrive in a browser: Recently, I've noticed that when I right-click on a file and select "Open file location" in File Explorer, Windows does not open it in File Explorer as it used to, but it launches my default browser and opens this folder in the OneDrive Web App. I have no idea how to set it...
  3. Open file location opens OneDrive in a browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open file location opens OneDrive in a browser: Recently, I've noticed that when I right-click on a file and select "Open file location" in File Explorer, Windows does not open it in File Explorer as it used to, but it launches my default browser and opens this folder in the OneDrive Web App. I have no idea how to set it...
  4. OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations: Win 10 Home How do I remove the default folders from OneDrive and restore to there original location - desktop, documents, pictures, etc? In other words - I do not want C:\users\...\OneDrive\Desktop just C:users\...\Desktop. Thanks, Darryl...
  5. Some Files keep appearing in the original location after restarting

Some Files keep appearing in the original location after restarting: It started 3 weeks ago, i have 2 files deleted from my download folder. After the laptop restarted, they were in my recycle bin but also back in my download. I kept deleting, I ended up with multiple same files in my recycle bin, and they are still in my download folder....
  6. Office apps crash when opening a file from onedrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office apps crash when opening a file from onedrive: Ive had this problem for a while now and the cause is a damaged user profile, so I'm looking for help with how to 'repair' the damage. This is not related to a specific build of Windows or an update, but just FYI I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit with build 202H The Problem: If...
  7. Files move from original locations to deFault

Files move from original locations to deFault: Sometime in the last week or so most documents moved to the documents folder in C:\Users\Sherri. Instead of the folders that they belong I have well over 200 folder in which I file the documents. i.e. C:\Users\Sherri\Documents\Retirement. I am really not in the mood to refile...
  8. Cannot open files located on OneDrive

Cannot open files located on OneDrive: Hi A few weeks ago, I decided to go all-in on OneDrive as it seem now much more mature than ever, trying to keep at one place my work files that I had over Box, and DropBox. I have had some issues opening files - that seems that are in a limbo, not yet synced to the...
  9. Copying original files from shortcut location

Copying original files from shortcut location: I have a number of folders (tree structure) all containing exclusively shortcuts to various files stored across a myriad of different folders. Initially I set it up this way as I sifting through documents and sorting them for a separate project but didn't want to duplicate...
  10. Original file location

Original file location: Hi Everyone, I have a user within the organisation that has moved a file from a folder to a newly created folder. They seem to have lost track of where they had originally transferred the file from (original folder location). Is there a way I could find out where...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive file appears in recent but not in correct folder