Windows 10: OneDrive moved my Pictrues and Documents folder and now I can't move them back to...

Discus and support OneDrive moved my Pictrues and Documents folder and now I can't move them back to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all! I'm sure this is a common issue, but I can't fix it. I need my Documents folder and Pictures folder to not be in %USERPROFILE%/OneDrive. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GamePerson, Jan 27, 2021.

1. OneDrive moved my Pictrues and Documents folder and now I can't move them back to...

Hey all!

I'm sure this is a common issue, but I can't fix it. I need my Documents folder and Pictures folder to not be in %USERPROFILE%/OneDrive.

How do I fix this? Lots of things I have on my computer rely on the default filepath and I don't want to change every program to point to the OneDrive folder. I also don't want to use OneDrive.

submitted by /u/GamePerson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GamePerson, Jan 27, 2021

2. Onedrive move folder to document

Hi Rendell,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to move the folder?
    • From when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if that helps.

Move the OneDrive Folder

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-folder/147dade2-830b-46ee-bf7e-36a8eab9446a

You can refer to the following work around. This will help you to choose the folders to sync on Onedrive.

• Right click on OneDrive icon of
      System Tray

• Click on Settings, then click on
      choose folders
      tab.

• Click on choose folders option, then click on sync only these folders.

Hope the information helps. Please reply back with a status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 27, 2021
  3. TarAn_D Win User
    Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Jan 27, 2021
  4. OldPilot Win User

OneDrive moved my Pictrues and Documents folder and now I can't move them back to...

Document files moved to OneDrive

My first post here: Windows 10 build 19042 Ver 20H2

I don't know happened. Yesterday, I used Calibre that requires access to files in a folder in my Documents folder. But it wasn't there. All files and folders were gone and apparently moved to onedrive. I was able to move that folder back to the document folder within my user account and all of that worked okay. But why, had the files and folders been moved like that without my action. Also, how should I put my system back in order, if it is out of order?

Not only have the files been moved but the point to locations have been changed. The location of Documents is listed as "C:\Users\jvpri\OneDrive\Pictures" . Hmm...why should the documents folder have been placed within Pictures? There still exists a Documents folder within my User directory account but it was empty.

Also, some of my content on Desktop have been moved to a OneDrive/Desktop directory. There is a Where are my Files link left on the Desktop.

Because of all this, I tried to learn a bit more about how OneDrive is supposed to work, but only go more confused. So, besides solving my immediate problem, is there somewhere a good read that will simplify what I am supposed to expect from Onedrive and how to keep it all straight.

OldPilot, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive moved my Pictrues and Documents folder and now I can't move them back to...

1. OneDrive moved my Pictrues and Documents folder and now I can't move them back to... - Similar Threads - OneDrive moved Pictrues

2. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  3. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  4. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive Documents folder moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  6. Onedrive Documents folder moved

Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  7. Why can't I move my documents folder from OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I move my documents folder from OneDrive?: I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my laptop. To my surprise, I discovered that Microsoft put my Documents folder in my OneDrive folder. But when I try to move it to the location to match where it's at on my other computers on my network, I get the following...
  8. Why can't I move my documents folder from OneDrive?

Why can't I move my documents folder from OneDrive?: I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my laptop. To my surprise, I discovered that Microsoft put my Documents folder in my OneDrive folder. But when I try to move it to the location to match where it's at on my other computers on my network, I get the following...
  9. Why can't I move my documents folder from OneDrive?

10. Can't move my Documents folder.

Can't move my Documents folder.: I've been trying to free up some disk space recently and start moving my folders to my D drive. I've already disabled Onedrive so I moved Desktop, Downloads, Music and Videos. When I tried to move Documents and Pictures however, an error message appeared saying: "Can't move...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive has moved pictures folder