Windows 10: Onedrive....moved things away to where-ever.

Discus and support Onedrive....moved things away to where-ever. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a single folder on my desktop with nothing but custom icon's in it...all gone to Onedrive little cloud next to all entries and I can't use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stevecramer2, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Onedrive....moved things away to where-ever.

I had a single folder on my desktop with nothing but custom icon's in it...all gone to Onedrive little cloud next to all entries and I can't use the icon's anymore...why?All the remaining folders on my desktop have switched back to defaults. I don't want a single thing sent to Microsoft and/or Onedrive. Its a problem and not a fix for me. Wish I had never seen or heard of Onedrive. I'm a single retired guy and wanted no part of whatever Onedive was 'suppose' to fix but let it install on my last computer install.How to I get my files / icon's back to my desktop so I can use them again?Thanks

:)

stevecramer2, Jun 14, 2021
  2. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Onedrive....moved things away to where-ever.

Onedrive move folder to document

Hi Rendell,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to move the folder?
    • From when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if that helps.

Move the OneDrive Folder

OneDrive help & learning - Microsoft Support

You can refer to the following work around. This will help you to choose the folders to sync on Onedrive.

• Right click on OneDrive icon of
      System Tray

• Click on Settings, then click on
      choose folders
      tab.

• Click on choose folders option, then click on sync only these folders.

Hope the information helps. Please reply back with a status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Onedrive....moved things away to where-ever.

1. Onedrive....moved things away to where-ever. - Similar Threads - Onedrive moved things

2. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  3. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  4. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. OneDrive. Does it ever work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive. Does it ever work?: I have a new Samsung phone. I have a new Surface Book 3. I take pictures with my Samsung FoldZ3. I have an office 365 Business account.I take a picture.It uploads to Onedrive on the phone under the Onedrive business account.The photo ONLY shows on the phone onedrive business...
  6. OneDrive. Does it ever work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive. Does it ever work?: I have a new Samsung phone. I have a new Surface Book 3. I take pictures with my Samsung FoldZ3. I have an office 365 Business account.I take a picture.It uploads to Onedrive on the phone under the Onedrive business account.The photo ONLY shows on the phone onedrive business...
  7. OneDrive. Does it ever work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. most annoying thing ever

in Windows 10 Customization
    most annoying thing ever: I've found some problem with 3 problems and its very annoying1.unhandled exception has occurred in your application2.0x800704243.0xe043452I've been trying to find how to solve all the problem more than a monthand seems like all of them don't help at all I watched 1000+ videos...
  9. Where is OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is OneDrive: I am trying to uninstall OneDrive completely from my personal computer, but although it appears in my list of apps, nothing happens when I click to launch the app. The directions I've seen for uninstalling it say to "Click the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the...
  10. Migrate away from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrate away from OneDrive: I was helping my husband migrate from an old HP laptop to a new one. I did this by seeing the old computer on the network and copying the files to the new computer. The old computer didn't use OneDrive but the new one does and it is far more "invasive" than I would like....