Windows 10: OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item

Discus and support OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The Desktop folder is sync'd to OneDrive but I've noticed that there are a bunch of desktop shortcuts that not included. These shortcuts have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BazzaG, Dec 2, 2020.

1. BazzaG Win User

OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item

The Desktop folder is sync'd to OneDrive but I've noticed that there are a bunch of desktop shortcuts that not included.

These shortcuts have been added to C:\Users\Public\Desktop during the install and include shortcuts for MS Edge, Chrome, etc. etc.

So I tried to create a link or junction to this directory to sync to OneDrive:

mklink /j "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\Public Desktop" "C:\Users\Public\Desktop"

which worked just fine.

However, in OneDrive I now have a number of sync errors, all of which are:

Microsoft Edge.lnk
    No access permissions to the item.
    It appears that you do not have access permissions to the item. Ensure that you have the right permissions to allow the the item to sync.

I did try to give each shortcut read access to my UID via the Properties -> Security but that didn't work.

How can I fix this?

TIA...

:)

BazzaG, Dec 2, 2020

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    OneDrive folder permissions - Fix

Found the problem. OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item :)

While you are still listed as the owner of each subfolder in the OneDrive folder, some subfolders no longer have inherited permissions enabled.

If you Enable inheritance and OK for each affected subfolder in the OneDrive folder, it will no longer have any access issues or UAC prompts afterwards.

OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item [​IMG]

Brink, Dec 2, 2020
  4. OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item

1. OneDrive -- No access permissions to the item - Similar Threads - OneDrive access permissions

2. OneDrive NOT accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive NOT accessible: Hello; I have just finished installing a new Win 10 on my PC The previous version was also Win 10 NOW, I cannot open my onedrive folder which is on PC. I only get the message THE FILE CANNOT BE ACCESSED BY THE SYSTEM I tried every way to take ownership and it succeded...
  3. Access to OneDrive

Access to OneDrive: On PC A I set up access, and get an email which says "I've shared some of my files or folders with you. To open them, just click the links below. ::{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} file://xxxxxxxxxxx/Users/barry/OneDrive" where xxxx is the name of my PC If I...
  4. Drive access permissions

Drive access permissions: I get the message that I do not have permission to access D/System drive. The message says to go to the permissions security tab but I am unable to locate it. Help required please....
  5. File name length & permissible characters and Access right of OneDrive

File name length & permissible characters and Access right of OneDrive: I am using OneDrive every day and it works good. However it cannot replace SSD or Hard disk. I have a no of difficulties and seeking advice to minimize the impact on use. What is the max characters of a file name including sub-folders in between? Is there any restriction...
  6. Permission to access the drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permission to access the drive.: Dear Community, I wanted to change the permission status of the drive for a user account, instead, I changed for the administrative account. Just need to reactive the account. Please help me to activate it, as I go for the settings I see a message as below. I don't...
  7. OneDrive - Foldertree - item: PCs

OneDrive - Foldertree - item: PCs: The OneDrive foldertree shows an item "PCs" I am not sure what this is supposed to mean, or better, what I can do with it. Clicked on it and got a screen with a number of PCs that are, already for quite some time, not in use anymore. But the current PC's (and VM's) they are...
  8. Permission Access Issue

Permission Access Issue: Hello, I am trying to open the "WindowApps" folder, but am given a message that I don't have permission. I followed the prompts, but was given the error message in the screenshot I attached. How can I fix this issue? Thank you in advance! Operating System...
  9. No Access to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Access to OneDrive: Hi I have been troubleshooting a few problems with one of our computers and finally decided to cut my losses. I have installed an image captured a few days after the computer was purchased, as it had all our programs and app already installed(but need updating) and the...
  10. OneDrive not accessible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive not accessible.: Suddenly my OneDrive is not accessible from Taskbar. [img] Files are accessible from other places. Ordinary Admin account logged in with MS (Hotmail acc). 72571