Windows 10: Onedrive not copying from one folder to another if the file already exists.

Discus and support Onedrive not copying from one folder to another if the file already exists. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since I upgraded to MS Edge as my browser I cannot copy a file from one folder to another within Onedrive if the file already exists in that second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TonyDiecidue, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Onedrive not copying from one folder to another if the file already exists.

Since I upgraded to MS Edge as my browser I cannot copy a file from one folder to another within Onedrive if the file already exists in that second folder. When I did this before, it would copy the file and rename it by adding a number to it automatically. Now it just hangs at "0" percent copied and never copies the file to the second folder. What can I do to fix this so I can keep multiple copies of the file in another folder?

:)

TonyDiecidue, Apr 2, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Onedrive not copying from one folder to another if the file already exists.

I can't copy old Onedrive files to a new OneDrive folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forums.

I would suggest you to reset OneDrive and then try copying the files to see if it works.

• Press ‘Windows’
      and ‘R’ keys on the keyboard together to open the run dialog box and copy paste the following into the Run box:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Open Run window again and copy paste the following:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Restart the machine and try copying the files to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, turn off Files On-Demand feature and try copying. Refer to the article
    Save disk space
    with OneDrive Files On-Demand for Windows 10
    , for the same.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Onedrive not copying from one folder to another if the file already exists.

1. Onedrive not copying from one folder to another if the file already exists. - Similar Threads - Onedrive copying folder

2. Copying one onedrive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying one onedrive to another: Hey there our business has been working with one email, one onedrive, we all access the same onedrive and use it to keep our files updated. We are now wanting to transfer to a business side of microsoft 365 s but I have no idea how to transfer that old onedrive to our new...
  3. Copying one onedrive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying one onedrive to another: Hey there our business has been working with one email, one onedrive, we all access the same onedrive and use it to keep our files updated. We are now wanting to transfer to a business side of microsoft 365 s but I have no idea how to transfer that old onedrive to our new...
  4. Copying one onedrive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copying files from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying files from one drive to another: Hello, I am copying my useless files from my small storaged ssd to my harddrive, but when i copy over the files their sizes are 10x bigger, the files im copying is only 7.20 gb large but it's copying 70gb worth of storage to my hdd? Please give answers :) submitted by...
  6. Copying files from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying files from one computer to another.: I have several NTFS formatted portable HDDs that when new files are copied onto them from one machine and I attempt to read them on another machine the new files don't appear. I've tried to use chkdsk in command mode with the /f switch, but that will not run because I'm...
  7. The file or folder already exists on OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    The file or folder already exists on OneDrive: [ATTACH]When a file is added to OneDrive, it syncs it across devices. If you deselect a folder from OneDrive and choose to sync, you may receive an error— The file or folder already exists on OneDrive. If this happens, then it’s because of the conflict between devices and...
  8. Files are being spontaneously deleted when copied from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are being spontaneously deleted when copied from one folder to another: Hello When I move or copy files and folders from one to another, Windows is deleting them. I make the copy, then do nothing as I watch them spontaneously disappear in front of my eyes. The files seem to go to the recycle bin on my laptop. To be clear, I am not interested...
  9. Cannot copy all the files from one folder to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot copy all the files from one folder to another: Hello I'm in the process of converting quite a few files from WMA to MP3 via MediaHuman Audio Converter which allows me to do it in bulk rather than one at a time. The MP3 files are created in a folder on my hard drive and I'm trying to move them to a Sansa music clip...
  10. Get Existing Outlook and Folders From One Laptop To Another

in Browsers and Email
    Get Existing Outlook and Folders From One Laptop To Another: I'm trying to help out a friend who just bought a new Windows 10 laptop. His old laptop was also W10 (upgraded from W7), and although his email was from the phone company, he hated the way they had it laid out, so he used Outlook. He had pared his Outlook mail down to a few...