Windows 10: Onedrive not letting me sign in.

Discus and support Onedrive not letting me sign in. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a weird boot cycle when starting up my computer, which caused my bios settings to reset, my Chrome to lose all of its extensions, my notification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dorraj, May 3, 2020.

1. Dorraj Win User

Onedrive not letting me sign in.

After a weird boot cycle when starting up my computer, which caused my bios settings to reset, my Chrome to lose all of its extensions, my notification area icons to screw up and go invisible like the icon spots were still there, but the icons themselves were invisible, and my internet to be very weird in that windows said I have internet and saw no problems, yet I couldn't access the internet on any browser or program, I managed to get it all fixed, except for OneDrive, which was saying it was "signing in" for forever. So I went into the settings and hit "unlink this PC", to which I got an error saying it didn't have access to the internet every other app does have internet now, at this point. So I decided to restart my computer, to which OneDrive now says "sign in to onedrive to get started" with a "sign in" button. When I click this button, the popup closes out, and nothing happens. When I go into the settings, I can see that it still says my account is linked, and when I click "unlink this PC", the settings close out, and nothing happens.

I have tried the "%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset" command, all it does is close OneDrive and doesn't fix anything.

I have tried looking in the Credential Manager. There is no credentials in there referencing anything about OneDrive. I saw a similar poster saying removing all of the credentials in there fixed their problem, I tried it, and it did not.

I tried resetting Winsock, didn't do anything.

Again, when I click the OneDrive icon in the notification area, it pops up telling me to sign in, and when I click sign in, the popup disappears, and nothing happens. This is what the popup looks like: Onedrive not letting me sign in. daba4266-28cd-4ea9-a443-eb2e578684a1?upload=true.png

For more reference, I am fully updated on Windows 10, with 1909 installed.

:)

Dorraj, May 3, 2020
  2. Suman_B Win User

signing into onedrive

Hi JoelDavial,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to sign in to OneDrive on your Surface Pro. We do have a dedicated team, which supports issue related to OneDrive. Meanwhile you can try the following steps and check if that helps.

I would suggest you to check if you are able to login to
    OneDrive
    website. If you are able to login to the website, then please try downloading the
    latest version of OneDrive
    and check if that helps.

However, if the issue persist I would suggest you to contact OneDrive support team. You can follow the steps below to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the '?' help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, May 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 3, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Signing in - Sorry, there is a problem with onedrive servers

Hi Sahil,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• When you say, ‘added another one on my laptop’, are you to trying to setup a new Microsoft account on the device or are you trying to link it to OneDrive?

If you’re facing issues with setting up a new Microsoft account on the device, I suggest you to
    Create a new local administrator accountand
    then convert it to a Microsoft account. Refer Sign in with Windows
    10 section in the article How to sign in to
    your Microsoft account
    for the same.

If you’re facing issues with linking an account to OneDrive, I suggest you to check the
    versioning settings of your OneDrive library. Follow the suggestions by
    ReneYu MSFT on the thread Sorry, there is a problem
    with the OneDrive servers
    , dated 29 April 2016, for the same.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Onedrive not letting me sign in. - Similar Threads - Onedrive letting sign

2. my onedrive is not letting me sign in and over and over again I tried but it won't let me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my onedrive is not letting me sign in and over and over again I tried but it won't let me: I NEED HELP TO GET ALL MY FILES BACK FROM ONE DRIVE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-is-not-letting-me-sign-in-and-over-and/6c5df21a-654e-4694-a2f4-dad7ee08abd5
  3. my onedrive is not letting me sign in and over and over again I tried but it won't let me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my onedrive is not letting me sign in and over and over again I tried but it won't let me: I NEED HELP TO GET ALL MY FILES BACK FROM ONE DRIVE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-is-not-letting-me-sign-in-and-over-and/6c5df21a-654e-4694-a2f4-dad7ee08abd5
  4. not letting me to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not letting me to sign in: I click on the sign in button and nothing happens please advisebeen having this issue for days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-letting-me-to-sign-in/6cc13d95-1b84-43b1-89e3-cd88457469c5
  5. not letting me to sign in

not letting me to sign in: I click on the sign in button and nothing happens please advisebeen having this issue for days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-letting-me-to-sign-in/6cc13d95-1b84-43b1-89e3-cd88457469c5
  6. Will not let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will not let me sign in: Whenever i try to log into minecraft, it says “failed to log in. We could not sign you into your Microsoft Account l. Access to realms,profiles, and your marketplace items will be limited. Please try again later.” This is my 12th try over the last 3 days....
  7. Not letting me sign-in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not letting me sign-in: On my laptop (running Windows 10 professional) I enter in the right password and it tells me that it’s incorrect. I meter in a multitude of other passwords and it still isn’t correct. It doesn’t allow me to change options on how to sign in too (sign in via fingerprint, sign...
  8. Ark Will not let me sign in!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ark Will not let me sign in!: [IMG] [ATTACH] I got ark on my xbox and now i want to play it on pc. I downloaded it and now this happens. How do i sign in? my network connection is fine. Thanks...
  9. OneDrive won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive won't let me sign in: I recently "refreshed" my Windows 10 image after OneDrive and multiple other apps started giving me .dll errors. OneDrive is running in the background with a grey cloud. I try clicking on "Sign In" but nothing happens. I try going to Settings>Account>Add Account but...
  10. Windows will not let me sign in

Windows will not let me sign in: How do I get into windows? It tells me that my password is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/windows-will-not-let-me-sign-in/26b7e133-74c3-4015-8e57-98f36dfabfe3