Windows 10: OneDrive not loading Excel files in the online browser

Discus and support OneDrive not loading Excel files in the online browser in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use the browser version of OneDrive. When I click on an Excel file, it opens a new tab but just sits there and tries to load the page. The attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DUNNmessingaround, Feb 4, 2021.

1. OneDrive not loading Excel files in the online browser

I use the browser version of OneDrive. When I click on an Excel file, it opens a new tab but just sits there and tries to load the page. The attached image is what it does, never loads any further than that.

This means that if I want to view an Excel file, I need to download it to my computer. If I make any edits, I need to delete the version from OneDrive, and re-upload the updated Excel file back into OneDrive.

I've tried restarting the computer and logging out/logging back into my OneDrive account. This does not happen when I open Word files or PDF files.

submitted by /u/DUNNmessingaround
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DUNNmessingaround, Feb 4, 2021

2. Excel file

Hi zhiyang....,

I'm assuming that since you're using Excel 2011, that you have a Mac. Have you tried saving the file in the default 2011 format of XLSX?

While I have tested and can open both XLS and XLSX files on my Windows Phone, they were both created in PC versions of Excel 2000 and Excel 2010.

As a test, would you:

• First, try saving the file as XLSX and see if you can access the newer file format on your phone.

Otherwise, try the following as a test:

• Open up a web browser
    • Go to Windows Live and login.
    • Select "SkyDrive" at the top of the brwoser window
    • Select the Excel icon near the top where it says "Create"
    • Add a few numbers and do an AutoSum. Maybe add some formatting.
    • Close the workbook (File -> Close workbook)
    • Next, your SkyDrive file listing will appear with the new file.
    • Click the "i" circle to the far right of the new file.
    • Now, select "Send a link"
    • Enter your e-mail information and click "Send"
    • On your phone, open the e-mail and click on the button that says "View document"
    • You should be able to view the document.
    • If yes, then there is apparently a compatibilty issue on the Mac using XLS and I would try my first suggestion of trying to save the file in a different format like the newer XLSX.

By the way, the procedure gets easier in Windows Phone Mango (coming soon - no official release dates yet except in Japan) as you can save to and access files directly from your SkyDrive. That would eliminate the e-mailing it to yourself steps ... a lot easier!

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Feb 4, 2021
  3. RET_531 Win User
    OneDrive not loading in browser

Thanks for this response.

My settings were already as you stated.

Have re-set them and applied but still OneDrive will not load in any browser.

RET_531, Feb 4, 2021
  4. OneDrive not loading Excel files in the online browser

Search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser

Hi Elias,

To resolve your concern regarding opening local files on OneDrive, follow the steps below:

• Go to
      OneDrive.com.
    • Right click on the file that you want to view.
    • Click on Download.
    • The file will be downloaded, and would normally show up on the bottom part of your browser.
    • Click the file, and it would open up using its normal default application.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive not loading Excel files in the online browser

1. OneDrive not loading Excel files in the online browser - Similar Threads - OneDrive loading Excel

2. Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online: Hello,Is there a method to detect duplicate files ONLINE in OneDrive?*Not locally in the files structure*Or is the only way to sort by name and compare file size?What about issues when you have two files:"File1.log"and"File1.log - copy"that are the same size but have...
  3. update automatically a file Excel in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update automatically a file Excel in OneDrive: Hi friends, I have an excel file in a folder on OneDrive and this folder is synced to my desktop. I have created an excel file that feeds from the first excel file using power query; the problem is that to update the information, I have to enter the second excel file with...
  4. Excel / OneDrive

Excel / OneDrive: can i access onedrive cloud directly from within Excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-onedrive/992acae0-e468-4cca-bf78-79c8579d4ef3
  5. Unable to Access Onedrive online files.

Unable to Access Onedrive online files.: I have recently purchased two new Surface Pros with Office 365 (and Onedrive). Things seemed to be OK initially but now I cannot get access to the files I have loaded to my online Onedrive account. I get errors such as: An error occurred during a connection to...
  6. OneDrive not loading in browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive not loading in browser: Since the last Windows 10 update on 13 March, I have been unable to open OneDrive in any browser. Error message reads: Cannot securely connect to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting...
  7. Excel will not load

Excel will not load: I started having problems yesterday, 12/7, and it continues today. I cannot open any of my Excel spreadsheets. I am user, not a coder, talk to me like I'm a chimp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-will-not-load/f776314e-677f-4ca1-9aaa-2bf1884d1bbc"
  8. Excel file is not auto-syncing on OneDrive

Excel file is not auto-syncing on OneDrive: I have an Excel file I always use to track my budget. It used to always auto-sync with OneDrive, but now it won't. I have to save it manually every time. Does anyone know a fix? Office Professional Plus 2016 Windows 10 Home OneDrive version 2018...
  9. Excel and OneDrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel and OneDrive: For years I have kept my Excel files on one of my local drives but now I am trying to put them out on OneDrive and am running into a problem. When I use one of the locally stored files and make a change to it that I don't want to keep if I try to exit it I get a message...
  10. OneDrive - Create an online Excel survey with free Office Online

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    OneDrive - Create an online Excel survey with free Office Online: How to: OneDrive - Create an online Excel survey with free Office Online [img] Information Office Online is a collection of free web based applications available to all Microsoft email account users (outlook.com, live.com, hotmail.com, msn.com). It offers basic versions...