Windows 10: Onedrive not running

Discus and support Onedrive not running in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Onedrive is not running on my win10 machine (no icon on taskbar and I do not see it running when I check in task manager). I must have turned it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rinconmike, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Onedrive not running

Hi. Onedrive is not running on my win10 machine (no icon on taskbar and I do not see it running when I check in task manager). I must have turned it off previously but do not remember if I did or what I did.

I looked under GPedit and the four onedrive items are set as not configured.

Anywhere else to look?

:)

rinconmike, Dec 26, 2016
  2. John Vil Win User

Microsoft Office One Drive 1TB Redeem Code Used Unidentified Person

Hi,

It would be best to get in touch with your local vendor and check if another code is available for use. If there's none, you may contact our
    Microsoft Answer Desk for any account related concerns.

In addition you may check this link if you would need a customer service number in your country.

Thank you.

John Vil, Dec 26, 2016
  3. Shevoj Win User
    Microsoft Office One Drive 1TB Redeem Code Used Unidentified Person

Hello, there!

I recently purchased Microsoft Home and Student 2016 from a local store here at Malaysia. It came with an offer of 1TB One Drive cloud storage. I tried redeeming it recently but I was told it was unsuccessful because the code has already been taken by another
    user.

This is the first time I am redeeming this code and I have not given or shown it to anyone. What could be done to fix this?

Thanks!

[Moved from: OneDrive / Managing storage limits / Questions about my subscription / OneDrive in Microsoft Office / Office 365]

Shevoj, Dec 26, 2016
  4. Josbeph Win User

Onedrive not running

The most likely cause is you have turned off start up items to speed up start up time, but if you turn off Microsoft OneDrive in that menu it wont turn on and there's no other way to turn it on

Josbeph, Dec 26, 2016
  5. Looks like I uninstalled it. Under Uninstall or change a program on my other systems there is Microsoft Onedrive listed. On this one system, it is not.

I thought you could not uninstall it with Win 10, but I guess you can and I must have.

rinconmike, Dec 27, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Update. Run onedrivesetup.exe from there and hopefully it will setup and configure OneDrive.

Steve C, Dec 27, 2016
  7. rinconmike, Dec 27, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

Onedrive not running

Steve C, Dec 27, 2016
  9. It did make a difference. The first location installed fine, but it would not let me link my account. Kept getting the error noted in the above post. I ran it from the other location and it worked.

rinconmike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Onedrive not running

1. Onedrive not running - Similar Threads - Onedrive running

2. Onedrive on my laptop says it is not running and will not let me access photos how do I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive on my laptop says it is not running and will not let me access photos how do I...: So I want to look at pictures on my laptop and when I open Onedrive Personal it says "make sure One Drive - Personal is running. Try again." I don't know when it turned off or how to turn it back on. Onedrive used to automatically turn on when but now it doesn't....
  3. Onedrive on my laptop says it is not running and will not let me access photos how do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive on my laptop says it is not running and will not let me access photos how do I...: So I want to look at pictures on my laptop and when I open Onedrive Personal it says "make sure One Drive - Personal is running. Try again." I don't know when it turned off or how to turn it back on. Onedrive used to automatically turn on when but now it doesn't....
  4. Onedrive on my laptop says it is not running and will not let me access photos how do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running. OneDrive Access Lost. Cannot...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running. OneDrive Access Lost. Cannot...: I lost access to a OneDrive account. I cannot regain access to that account. Many or all of the files for my OneDrive were present on the local PC when access was lost, but they were in the process of being synced with the cloud copy. The files are now marked with a grey X on...
  6. Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running. OneDrive Access Lost. Cannot...

Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running. OneDrive Access Lost. Cannot...: I lost access to a OneDrive account. I cannot regain access to that account. Many or all of the files for my OneDrive were present on the local PC when access was lost, but they were in the process of being synced with the cloud copy. The files are now marked with a grey X on...
  7. Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running. OneDrive Access Lost. Cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. After uninstall Onedrive, Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access my documents...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After uninstall Onedrive, Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access my documents...: After uninstall Onedrive, Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access my documents folder. How can I make Windows Fax and Scan run again?Windows 10 ProHP OfficeJet 3830 seriesThanks....
  9. After uninstall Onedrive, Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access my documents...

After uninstall Onedrive, Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access my documents...: After uninstall Onedrive, Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access my documents folder. How can I make Windows Fax and Scan run again?Windows 10 ProHP OfficeJet 3830 seriesThanks....
  10. After uninstall Onedrive, Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access my documents...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware