Windows 10: Onedrive not showing all files on new computer

Discus and support Onedrive not showing all files on new computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my old computer shows 246 files on my onedrive and my new computer is only showing 139. There are files missing when I look for them. How do I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KentD2, Dec 25, 2018.

1. KentD2 Win User

Onedrive not showing all files on new computer

my old computer shows 246 files on my onedrive and my new computer is only showing 139. There are files missing when I look for them. How do I get all of them to sync to my new computer?

:)

KentD2, Dec 25, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Transferring files and documents to a new computer - onedrive issues

Hi Williams,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It seems that you have set sync settings to sync every folder and as well as external hard drive and save only on cloud. We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to avail folders (Docs) locally.

1. Install OneDrive and open
      File Explorer
    2. Right click on OneDrive icon on the right pane.
    3. Then select Make available offline.

You may also want to refer
      OneDrive help
      and go through all topics under
      Popular topics and check for settings.

Hope it helps.

If you find the answer useful, kindly tick your response.

Manjunath_H, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Onedrive not showing all files on new computer

Have OneDrive to show me the online files

Hi Omid,

In Windows 10, this feature has been replaced with the option to sync all files to the local computer. The online files and folders you are referring to are also known as OneDrive placeholders. Instead of displaying placeholder icons for files by default,
    OneDrive would sync all files to the local computer in Windows 10.

One reason for the removal of OneDrive placeholders was user confusion, as they expected all files to be available on their system even when the system had no working Internet connection. However, you may want to request this feature to be back in Windows 10
    by submitting your feedback and suggestions through the Feedback Hub.

Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback Hub, so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. You may refer to the steps below:

• Type Windows Feedback in the search bar.
    • Type some keywords from your issue in the box marked Search for feedback, and press
      Enter.
    • If you find your issue, upvote it. If you don't find it, select Add new feedback, then fill out the form.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Onedrive not showing all files on new computer

1. Onedrive not showing all files on new computer - Similar Threads - Onedrive showing files

2. Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer: I can remove any file from recent files showing in File Explorer except for any onedrive files. If I right click on the file and select remove from recent, nothing happens. How do I remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer?...
  3. Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer: I can remove any file from recent files showing in File Explorer except for any onedrive files. If I right click on the file and select remove from recent, nothing happens. How do I remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer?...
  4. onedrive transfer to new computer and delete files on old computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive transfer to new computer and delete files on old computer: I got a new computer W10 . I use onedrive on my old computer W10. I know that i can access my onedrive files on the new computer by signing in to onedrive on the new computer. How do I permanently delete all the onedrive files on the old computer without losing them in...
  5. OneDrive Desktop Icons on new Computer Not Showing

OneDrive Desktop Icons on new Computer Not Showing: Hi, I have an employee that just got a new work computer. She has signed into OneDrive on the new computer, and it has updated all of her data, says it is up to date. However, her Desktop Icons are not showing on her new computer. We can go into her File Explorer, and...
  6. Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC?: Hi folks, I'm most likely being idiotic but, I've just picked up a Zephyrus g14 to replace my Dell XPS 15. I did have another XPS delivered but it arrived wet and despite booting up, bricked after just 24 hours, Dell's aftercare service was appalling and so I decided to...
  7. Sync OneDrive files to a new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sync OneDrive files to a new computer: So I bought a new computer. My old one has my files backed up through OneDrive. Everything is syncing to the OneDrive folder on the new machine but I want the files to sync to the Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc. The settings in OneDrive to choose folders are checked off...
  8. OneDrive & New Computer

OneDrive & New Computer: There are a million posts stating you can move files from one computer to another with OneDrive. This is a DIFFERENT question, please make sure you understand it before answering. Thanks!!! I am getting a new laptop at work and they will be erasing the hard disk on the...
  9. OneDrive shows files in my phone but not in my computer.

OneDrive shows files in my phone but not in my computer.: I have uploaded some files from my phone to OneDrive, I see my uploaded files in OneDrive when I access via phone but do not see them when I access via my computer. What is going on?...
  10. "Show all files" prompt...new? How to show all by default?

"Show all files" prompt...new? How to show all by default?: [ATTACH]For the first time, in an Open File dialog, when viewing the contents of a folder, I'm seeing only someof the files, followed by the prompt "Show all 6?" see image I have never seen this before. If I don't notice or remember to click on it, I may miss opening and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive not visible

2. download list of all documents on onedrive

3. folders on one drive not visible on other devices

4. one drive not showing files on new computer,
  5. one drive not showing all files,
  6. one drive there was a problem displaying your list of folders in digital,
  7. computer one drive definition,
  8. files from onedrive not showing the thumbnail,
  9. onedrive photos not showing on computer,
  10. MY COMPUTER DOESNT HAVE MY files local\,
  11. onedrive not showing all files,