Windows 10: OneDrive Not Showing Scanned File

Discus and support OneDrive Not Showing Scanned File in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I sent a scanned file from my scanner directly to a OneDrive Folder. That is, I did not do a OneDrive Upload. I opened the One Drive and the file did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ajmplanner, Oct 29, 2020.

1. OneDrive Not Showing Scanned File

I sent a scanned file from my scanner directly to a OneDrive Folder. That is, I did not do a OneDrive Upload. I opened the One Drive and the file did not appear although the scanner software said the "send" was complete. I used the Windows Search on my laptop to find the file and it showed the file as being on the OneDrive and allowed me to open it. Logged out of OneDrive and I waited at least 30 minutes and then logged in. The file is still not showing. The question: Is it there or isn't it there?

:)

ajmplanner, Oct 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 29, 2020
  4. OneDrive Not Showing Scanned File

Have OneDrive to show me the online files

Hi Omid,

In Windows 10, this feature has been replaced with the option to sync all files to the local computer. The online files and folders you are referring to are also known as OneDrive placeholders. Instead of displaying placeholder icons for files by default,
    OneDrive would sync all files to the local computer in Windows 10.

One reason for the removal of OneDrive placeholders was user confusion, as they expected all files to be available on their system even when the system had no working Internet connection. However, you may want to request this feature to be back in Windows 10
    by submitting your feedback and suggestions through the Feedback Hub.

Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback Hub, so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. You may refer to the steps below:

• Type Windows Feedback in the search bar.
    • Type some keywords from your issue in the box marked Search for feedback, and press
      Enter.
    • If you find your issue, upvote it. If you don't find it, select Add new feedback, then fill out the form.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive Not Showing Scanned File

1. OneDrive Not Showing Scanned File - Similar Threads - OneDrive Showing Scanned

2. OneDrive no longer shows any of my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive no longer shows any of my files: Hi,I noticed that onedrive is no longer synching my files to the cloud. This has probably going on for a while.I am on Windows 10. In my toolbar I have 2 OneDrive icons. One says it is connected and everything is up to date.The other icon says it is not able to sign in.When I...
  3. OneDrive no longer shows any of my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive no longer shows any of my files: Hi,I noticed that onedrive is no longer synching my files to the cloud. This has probably going on for a while.I am on Windows 10. In my toolbar I have 2 OneDrive icons. One says it is connected and everything is up to date.The other icon says it is not able to sign in.When I...
  4. Virus Scan shows a lot of files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Scan shows a lot of files: I was scanning my desktop 2 days ago and it scanned 13 Million files. Im stumped as to where these files are and how do I clean them up if most aren't being used? I don't feel like I should have 13M files on my desktop....
  5. OneDrive not syncing files but shows "Up to date"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive not syncing files but shows "Up to date": I recently installed OneDrive and everything worked great. I created a directory junction linking My Documents folder to my OneDrive and the files all updated, the sync was near instant, all of my files had a little blue cloud icon next to them. Yesterday, I noticed that...
  6. File explorer not showing scanned files in correct order.

File explorer not showing scanned files in correct order.: I use a Brother DCP-L2520DW to scan my files. Whenever I scan files, the first file is moved to the last, the rest are in the correct order. I have contacted support before. They told me to view the files using "date modified" instead of name in ascending order. This works,...
  7. OneDrive not showing up in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive not showing up in File Explorer: I have 3 machines with W10 build 1903, two with Pro and one with Home. On both the Pro machines, OneDrive shows up just before This PC. On the home machine OneDrive does not appear at all. One Drive seems to work just fine on all three machines, things that are supposed to be...
  8. Thumbnails not showing after uploading files to OneDrive

Thumbnails not showing after uploading files to OneDrive: Good day, I use a 3D modelling software called Revit, which creates a preview thumbnail of the current view when you save, which can then be viewed from Windows Explorer so that you have a preview of the model file before opening it: [ATTACH] However, when I save these...
  9. Onedrive not showing all files on new computer

Onedrive not showing all files on new computer: my old computer shows 246 files on my onedrive and my new computer is only showing 139. There are files missing when I look for them. How do I get all of them to sync to my new computer?...
  10. OneDrive Sidebar in File Explorer not working - OneDrive not showing in Registry

OneDrive Sidebar in File Explorer not working - OneDrive not showing in Registry: My File Explorer OneDrive sidebar shortcut does not work. It does not point to the location of my OneDrive folders (or any location) and if I click on it nothing happens. The same goes for "Open Folder" if I click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar. Also, in my registry,...