Windows 10: Onedrive not syncing, unable to uninstall to reinstall,

Discus and support Onedrive not syncing, unable to uninstall to reinstall, in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Team, I have been looking through the community and cannot find a resolution. My one drive stopped syncing then the icon was gone altogether.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Silverfan0, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Onedrive not syncing, unable to uninstall to reinstall,

Hello Team,

I have been looking through the community and cannot find a resolution. My one drive stopped syncing then the icon was gone altogether. I have onedrive version 20.124.0621.0006. Now when I try the "exe" an error comes up "windows cannot find the exe". The exe file icon is not the cloud but a box. When try the exe an error comes up "the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

I downloaded the new version from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...35e-bf28-4e24b95e5fc0?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us. When starting the install it says to uninstall the current version. when I try then back to square one, the application cannot be found yet it is in my app list.

I ama student and rely on Onedrive, any help would be appreciated.

:)

Silverfan0, Aug 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 19, 2020
  3. eve wang Win User
    Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

eve wang, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Onedrive not syncing, unable to uninstall to reinstall,

Onedrive not syncing, unable to uninstall to reinstall,

Hello Team,

I have been looking through the community and cannot find a resolution. My one drive stopped syncing then the icon was gone altogether. I have onedrive version 20.124.0621.0006. Now when I try the "exe" an error comes up "windows cannot find the exe". The
    exe file icon is not the cloud but a box. When try the exe an error comes up "the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

I downloaded the new version from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...35e-bf28-4e24b95e5fc0?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us.
    When starting the install it says to uninstall the current version. when I try then back to square one, the application cannot be found yet it is in my app list.

I ama student and rely on Onedrive, any help would be appreciated.

Silverfan0, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Onedrive not syncing, unable to uninstall to reinstall,

1. Onedrive not syncing, unable to uninstall to reinstall, - Similar Threads - Onedrive syncing unable

2. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  3. Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive on 2 devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive on 2 devices: I have a desktop running Windows 10 Pro. I also have a Laptop running the same.Long story short: We had the 2 computers using the same onedrive account without issue for about a year. The desktop is the main computer. Suddenly, One Drive decided to put thousands of files on...
  4. Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive on 2 devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive on 2 devices: I have a desktop running Windows 10 Pro. I also have a Laptop running the same.Long story short: We had the 2 computers using the same onedrive account without issue for about a year. The desktop is the main computer. Suddenly, One Drive decided to put thousands of files on...
  5. Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive on 2 devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive in Windows 10

Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive in Windows 10: In have uninstalled OneDrive for Windows 10 Right Click Start; Choose Run; Type appwiz.cpl and click OK; find OneDrive and delete it; restart the computer. Then when I go to the OneDrive Download Page, there is no reinstall option. The message is: if you have Windows 10,...
  7. Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive in Windows 10: In have uninstalled OneDrive for Windows 10 Right Click Start; Choose Run; Type appwiz.cpl and click OK; find OneDrive and delete it; restart the computer. Then when I go to the OneDrive Download Page, there is no reinstall option. The message is: if you have Windows 10,...
  8. OneDrive won't sync or reinstall

OneDrive won't sync or reinstall: I tried to reinstall OneDrive after sync issues.First I ran uninstall from apps & programs. That didn't work.Then I ran uninstall from appwiz.cpl. It will not uninstall OneDrive. It is always here:I have followed all other forum answers that I can find related to removing...
  9. OneDrive uninstalled but still syncing with files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive uninstalled but still syncing with files: i deleted one drive last week but my pictures and documents are still running on OneDrive idk what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-uninstalled-but-still-syncing-with-files/87135908-0f6e-4ef3-b51c-842d841d52d9
  10. Unable to uninstall or reinstall msfs2020

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to uninstall or reinstall msfs2020: I recently upgraded my system hardware from the motherboard out, retaining ssd's and hdd's. I had MSFS 2020 installed on an SSD separate from the SSD on which the OS Win10 Pro was installed. I used cloning software to clone the OS drive onto a new nvme drive, successfully. I...