Windows 10: OneDrive nowhere on computer but problem reported

Discus and support OneDrive nowhere on computer but problem reported in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At startup computer a message warns that OneDrive has error. Advice is to reinstall. I can't do that because existing program has to be uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by armona22, Sep 26, 2015.

1. armona22 Win User

OneDrive nowhere on computer but problem reported

At startup computer a message warns that OneDrive has error. Advice is to reinstall. I can't do that because existing program has to be uninstalled first. But the thing is not to be found on the computer except an empty folder. Control Panel does not show it....

:)

armona22, Sep 26, 2015

2. OneDrive is missing from my list of folders that can be indexed

I don't think that's the issue.

The OneDrive folder on my computer seems properly synced with OneDrive online. The problem is that when I look at what folders are being indexed to optimize searches, OneDrive is missing.

When I try to add OneDrive to my list of indexed folders, it's nowhere to be found on the list of folders to index.

SteveMuzik, Sep 26, 2015
  3. KRDNS Win User
    Why aren't photos automatically uploaded to One Drive from my Windows Phone 8 showing up in my One Drive account

I've repeated turned on auto upload on my Windows Phone 8. But, when I access my One Drive account from both my phone and my computer, my photos are nowhere to be found. I've even tried manually selecting each photo from the camera roll and saving it
    individually to One Drive. Nowhere to be found.

The ONLY thing that seems to work is to access OneDrive through the tile on my phone, select the pictures folder, and then individually, one-by-one add each and every picture from my camera roll. This CAN'T be the only way to get photos from my phone on
    to OneDrive.

What's the problem? ARGH.

KRDNS, Sep 26, 2015
  4. mrgeek Win User

Try running the MS OneDrive troubleshooter diagnostic first - http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9835055

The OneDrive troubleshooter is a tool that can find and automatically fix these common problems with OneDrive in Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1:

• OneDrive doesn't appear in the left pane in File Explorer.
    • Even though you're connected to the Internet, you can't connect to OneDrive.
    • Some of your OneDrive files or folders are missing on your PC.
    • Some files or folders won't upload from your PC to OneDrive.
    • The OneDrive icon doesn't appear in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar. (In Task Manager, the sync engine process doesn't appear.)
    • You get the message "You don't have permission to save to this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission."

mrgeek, Sep 26, 2015
  5. armona22 Win User
    Trying the troubleshooter does not work because it refuses to do it's intelligent work in Windows 10...

armona22, Sep 26, 2015
  6. mrgeek Win User
    Sorry, wrong edition. OneDrive is integral to Windows 10. Can you re-install from this file link ? Check box in View tab to show 'Hidden items' to access hidden AppData folder-
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Update\OneDriveSetup.exe

mrgeek, Sep 26, 2015
  7. armona22 Win User
    Thanks mrgeek. Alas this too does not work. The setup file is there, but again it reports that I have to reinstall, wich is impossible. Seems to be a loop vaused by a permissions setting somewhere in documents folder?
    An extra handicap is the fact that I can not use the search function (does not respond any longer). Se my (only) other thread

armona22, Sep 26, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

This happened to me once and I just did a search for Skydrive and installed it and it worked.

9. armona22 Win User
    I can see now that sign in fails with OneDrive. None of the suggestions work.

armona22, Sep 26, 2015
  10. XweAponX Win User
    Look for an Update in the folder

C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Update

OneDriveSetup.exe - Run THAT, it's an update that for some reason was not applied automatically.

When it works properly, your Onedrive folder will appear as if linked directly to your PC.

XweAponX, Sep 27, 2015
  11. armona22 Win User
    Thank you XweAponX
    Unfortunately that did not do the trick. I'm afraid the problem is a bit complex and does not only affect OneDrive. Now several functions have gone completely or can only be accessed in an abnormal way. Clicking the Windows logo left bottom does nothing (I now go right-click), the search function has gone dead (no solution yet), the windows shop icon has gone, Chrome only starts up with the message that it did not shut down correctly. I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the system can not access a number of files.

armona22, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive nowhere on computer but problem reported - Similar Threads - OneDrive nowhere computer

2. OneDrive & Computer Administrator Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive & Computer Administrator Problems: When I got my laptop I turned off one drive. Then after a year or so I go to find an essay I wrote for grad school and isn't in the folder for the class. I realized OneDrive had turned itself back on and the file was on OneDrive. I once again turned OneDrive off. Then about...
  3. OneDrive & Computer Administrator Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive & Computer Administrator Problems: When I got my laptop I turned off one drive. Then after a year or so I go to find an essay I wrote for grad school and isn't in the folder for the class. I realized OneDrive had turned itself back on and the file was on OneDrive. I once again turned OneDrive off. Then about...
  4. OneDrive reporting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive reporting: I am trying to understand how I can see how much data is both in the cloud in OneDrive and locally in OneDrive - we have a policy set to push to the data to cloud after 45 days, but if we were to have a laptop stolen - I can't tell how I could see how much data might still...
  5. OneDrive reporting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive reporting: I am trying to understand how I can see how much data is both in the cloud in OneDrive and locally in OneDrive - we have a policy set to push to the data to cloud after 45 days, but if we were to have a laptop stolen - I can't tell how I could see how much data might still...
  6. Windows problem reports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows problem reports: Windows update have been broken for two months on my computer. How do I read this reports? I would hope Microsoft would learn something from these reports and send a better update [ATTACH]...
  7. Massive keyboard problems out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Massive keyboard problems out of nowhere.: for some reason whenever I press ctrl, my typing goes to the beginning of the sentence, and my shift key opens a miniplayer whenever it's pressed. NUM LOCK doesn't work anymore, but got swapped with ctrl, but even when NUM LOCK is disabled I can only use 5-9 using my upper...
  8. Reporting problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reporting problem: There are a problem with my surface's software. I cannot use keyboard after updating windows. And there is a lack in my software. How can you fix this? I have already restarted and reconnected Bluetooth....
  9. Problem Reports

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem Reports: Hi Would someone be able to explain why sometimes I see: 'StoreAgentInstallFailure1' in the problem reports area please? My computer is running fine as far as I'm aware and I don't get this report appear every day. Could it be to do with the Microsoft Store, Windows Update...
  10. Windows Problem Reporting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Problem Reporting: Is there a way to disable Windows Problem Reporting (c:\windows\system32\wermgr.exe) for good? It has uploaded over 14GB of data in the last week, and I can't seem to be able to stop that from happening. I already tried doing that in the Settings menu, to no avail....