Windows 10: OneDrive occupies hard disk space that cannot be freed

Discus and support OneDrive occupies hard disk space that cannot be freed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I uploaded lots of data in OneDrive cloud, for some time some of it also got synched into the local folder of OneDrive on my HD.However after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kaloyan Marinov, Jul 20, 2021.

1. OneDrive occupies hard disk space that cannot be freed

Hi, I uploaded lots of data in OneDrive cloud, for some time some of it also got synched into the local folder of OneDrive on my HD.However after I deleted all data uploaaded into OneDrive cloud and what was in OneDrive local folder, the hard disk did not reflecte this.Now my laptop HD has almost no free disk space and I cannot free it out. I did check disk, there were no errors etc. It's the C:\ so I cannot format it. This is a workstation PC, I cannot just reinstall the OS etc. Free up space option does not work. I did log out of OneDrive for the desktop app, deleted OneDrive cash folder, re

:)

Kaloyan Marinov, Jul 20, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed

1. Did you empty the recycle bin ? If not, empty it.
    2. Delete the contents under: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
      Those are downloaded Windows Updates files and already installed.
    3. Open Admin command, copy and paste the line below then run:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
      This should remove all the no longer used by component store. Will take a while to run.

topgundcp, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed

As the title suggests, only 9 gigabytes of disk space appear to have been freed after deleting roughly 18 gigabytes worth of old Windows files via Windows Disk Cleanup. Since the Windows.old folder still exists even after the cleanup, I decided to check the folder properties to see if the folder still took up some space, but it was completely empty, save for a few empty subfolders that I didn't have permission to delete myself. I tried Disk Cleanup a second time, but it did not give me the option to delete old Windows files. Anybody got an answer for me? Please hurry. My poor SSD is suffering. It needs more games.

SpaseMonkey, Jul 20, 2021
  4. OneDrive occupies hard disk space that cannot be freed

Windows Store games occupying hard disk space even after uninstalling

I had 663gb of free space in my windows partition. After installing Froza Motosport 6 Apex, I had 617gb of free hard disk space left. After I uninstalled the game, I had 639gb of free space left. So, why is the game occupying around 24gb even after I uninstalled
    the game?

ArpanBiswas, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive occupies hard disk space that cannot be freed

1. OneDrive occupies hard disk space that cannot be freed - Similar Threads - OneDrive occupies hard

2. 3D Objects is occupying 96GB on hard disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Objects is occupying 96GB on hard disk.: 3D Objects is occupying 96GB on hard disk so I deleted it from the registory editor yet the sapce is not freed up.After deleting "{0DB7E03F-FC29-4DC6-9020-FF41B59E513A}" I have restrated the system twice. I could'nt find "{0DB7E03F-FC29-4DC6-9020-FF41B59E513A}" in the...
  3. 3D Objects is occupying 96GB on hard disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Objects is occupying 96GB on hard disk.: 3D Objects is occupying 96GB on hard disk so I deleted it from the registory editor yet the sapce is not freed up.After deleting "{0DB7E03F-FC29-4DC6-9020-FF41B59E513A}" I have restrated the system twice. I could'nt find "{0DB7E03F-FC29-4DC6-9020-FF41B59E513A}" in the...
  4. Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space

Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space: Help with this problem please:Windows can't be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS. Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. The partition is an EFI system partition ESP...
  5. Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space: Help with this problem please:Windows can't be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS. Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. The partition is an EFI system partition ESP...
  6. Uninstalled a Game but Disk Space still occupied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled a Game but Disk Space still occupied: So i recently uninstalled Forza Horizon 5 from my System because i wasn't playing it anymore and i wanted to install other games on my precious SSD. Firstly i tried to move the games Data to one of my HDDs via Storage sense, but after like 30 mins of waiting, the game was not...
  7. Uninstalled a Game but Disk Space still occupied

Uninstalled a Game but Disk Space still occupied: So i recently uninstalled Forza Horizon 5 from my System because i wasn't playing it anymore and i wanted to install other games on my precious SSD. Firstly i tried to move the games Data to one of my HDDs via Storage sense, but after like 30 mins of waiting, the game was not...
  8. After uninstall disk space didn't freed up

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After uninstall disk space didn't freed up: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 didn't free up Space after Uninstall So, i downloaded Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Xbox Game Pass. I played it for quite some time and decided to uninstall it, i right click the Flight Simulator icon on the Xbox App and clicked...
  9. C Drive not reclaiming freed disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive not reclaiming freed disk space: My C drive is showing less than 60GB space free out of 917GB, even though I just moved nearly 150GB worth of files to the cloud (OneDrive). So it should be showing over 200GB fee. How do I get the space back? Note: I have already run Disk Cleanup....
  10. Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deleted Windows.old, not enough disk space freed: As the title suggests, only 9 gigabytes of disk space appear to have been freed after deleting roughly 18 gigabytes worth of old Windows files via Windows Disk Cleanup. Since the Windows.old folder still exists even after the cleanup, I decided to check the folder properties...