Windows 10: OneDrive OCR search capability not working?

Discus and support OneDrive OCR search capability not working? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, im confused and frustrated. Im reading conflicting reports that OneDrive includes OCR capability and supports searching PDFs (as well as searching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BigDTinyBs, Aug 11, 2020.

1. OneDrive OCR search capability not working?

Hi, im confused and frustrated. Im reading conflicting reports that OneDrive includes OCR capability and supports searching PDFs (as well as searching photos that OneDrive auto tags)

My goal is to be able to search on OneDrive through the files explorer window and have the search results include text found within pdfs (scanned myself or not).

Ive tried searching through windows file explorer for a doc i scanned using my ipad pro OD app to no avail. I have also tried searching using the onedrive website, my ios app, and my android app.

Am i misunderstanding the OCR capabilities in OneDrive?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/BigDTinyBs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BigDTinyBs, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Helmut Win User

OCR

Free OCR on that suggested list is online so just save in your Browser favourites same as anything else.

If it's an install file just save that somewhere, HDD, DVD, USB key etc.

Helmut, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 10, 2020
  4. OneDrive OCR search capability not working?

OCR

Hi Sharolyn

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Windows Fax and Scan does not have built in OCR. You need a third party application for that functionality.

Here is a list of the best ones you can try:

Best free OCR software for Windows 10 - The Windows Club

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/best-free-ocr-so...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive OCR search capability not working?

1. OneDrive OCR search capability not working? - Similar Threads - OneDrive OCR search

2. OCR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OCR: I'm told I need an OCR so that I can edit scanned in docs. I am completely ignorant of these. Please advise, is this an app are they free and how do they relate to the scanned document ie how do I work them?Many thanksRay.TJ...
  3. OCR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OCR: I'm told I need an OCR so that I can edit scanned in docs. I am completely ignorant of these. Please advise, is this an app are they free and how do they relate to the scanned document ie how do I work them?Many thanksRay.TJ...
  4. OneDrive backup capabilities

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive backup capabilities: I have a sort of weird question, but I need to send my laptop in for a repair, and they said they will send a completely new computer back to me. I need to back it up somehow and I have been looking through options online but they all cost money :. I have OneDrive through my...
  5. Search Capabilities Are INADEQUATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Capabilities Are INADEQUATE: I want to search for a specific phrase in my files. In past versions of Windows, I could do that, but Windows 10 is a bust because I cannot find any files due to this weakness. And the previous suggestions I have seen about entering the phrase twice in quotes DOES NOT WORK!...
  6. OCR

OCR: Is there a safe way to empty the recycle bin of an external drive without the use of Tree Size or other 3rd party. I think once I minimized the screen and after selecting the folder I emptied the recycle bin to Windows desktop bin but cannot remember the steps. I have...
  7. Adobe Acrobat OCR capability vs. scanner OCR capability, and editing in Acrobat vs. MSWord...

Adobe Acrobat OCR capability vs. scanner OCR capability, and editing in Acrobat vs. MSWord...: Hello, all. I am planning to create editable text files from old essays and academic papers which I only have hard (paper) copies of. By means of this, I may rework the originals, changing grammar and adding additional material. I think that I can achieve this by either: (1)...
  8. OCR

OCR: I checked my posts and don't see OCR so I think this is fresh. I have tried to use OneNote as OCR for the longest time with no success. I have used YouTube videos all of which are different and do not work for me. I have read that One Note's OCR no longer works. I have...
  9. OCR

OCR: Don't know how a site can help with OCR/Optical Character Recognition, usually is a program that comes with scanners or Printer/Scanner/Copier/Fax units, mine is ReadIRIS, there's others. Google Keep does it.
  10. OCR

OCR: I have Office 2010 Home and Student. Is there a way, besides cloud or buying OCR software, to use OCR with Windows 10? I did find "Free OCR" and it is just ok. The price for OCR is very high and it did not come with this printer.I tried Google OCR but I did not want my...