Windows 10: OneDrive on Windows 10 cannot complete sync with OneDrive in cloud

Discus and support OneDrive on Windows 10 cannot complete sync with OneDrive in cloud in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 build 1803 my OneDrive is perpetually "updating files." In addition system restore does not work because it cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jaygourley, Jul 17, 2018.

1. OneDrive on Windows 10 cannot complete sync with OneDrive in cloud

Since upgrading to Windows 10 build 1803 my OneDrive is perpetually "updating files." In addition system restore does not work because it cannot extract OneDrive from a restore point. That's probably because it times out waiting for OneDrive to finish a sync.

I've tried resetting OneDrive (%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset) three times without success. The reset process appears to complete without any errors. But the result is always the same.

OneDrive ends up in a state "OneDrive is updating files." OneDrive shows "Downloading 369.1 MB of 369.1 MB 47 at 0.0 KB/s, 47 items remaining."

I've tried resetting three times. Each time the result is the same, except for variations in the numbers 369.1 and the 47.

:)

jaygourley, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Freezer Win User

OneDrive on Windows 10 cannot complete sync with OneDrive in cloud

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive on Windows 10 cannot complete sync with OneDrive in cloud

1. OneDrive on Windows 10 cannot complete sync with OneDrive in cloud - Similar Threads - OneDrive cannot complete

2. OneDrive and the Cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and the Cloud: 1. I am in my 70's and have a new laptop running Windows 11.2. My old laptop last year suddenly stopped working and I saw in the bottom right hand corner it said 'backing up to the cloud' and files whizzing across. So I stopped it. But!!! When I looked into my Word files...
  3. OneDrive and the Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and the Cloud: 1. I am in my 70's and have a new laptop running Windows 11.2. My old laptop last year suddenly stopped working and I saw in the bottom right hand corner it said 'backing up to the cloud' and files whizzing across. So I stopped it. But!!! When I looked into my Word files...
  4. OneDrive folder not syncing with cloud

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folder not syncing with cloud: Hi, this my first post here. I don't know if I have put this in the correct forum, apologies if not. My Windows Version is 20H2. For some reason I created my OneDrive folder within my existing OneDrive setup, in C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Email attachments\Documents. I don't...
  5. Onedrive cannot sync default.rdp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive cannot sync default.rdp: Hello, I have onedrive going across multiple pcs and one error keeps popping up. The Default.rdp file keeps popping up with "You already have a file or folder with the same name" I've tried renaming it, deleting it and it keeps coming back (every time I use rdp)....
  6. Cannot sync files to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot sync files to OneDrive: I am unable to sync files on my Mac with OneDrive. I tried everything, which I can but nothing helps. I receive an error message saying You must be signed in to save edits due to cached internet connection failure or You must be signed in to change the location of this file....
  7. OneDrive and "the cloud".

OneDrive and "the cloud".: If OneDrive and "the cloud" are synonymous, does this mean that when I do a full image backup to an external drive ((Macrium Reflect) the OneDrive folder on my pc will not be backed-up becase it is not on the pc really but "in the Cloud" on a Microsoft server or somewhere?...
  8. cannot to sync data in OneDrive

cannot to sync data in OneDrive: I cannot sync data in OneDrive and my computer requires that I contact my system administrator to enable sync. I am a system administrator on my home computer but I don’t know what I can do to fix this issue....
  9. OneDrive has completely stopped syncing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive has completely stopped syncing.: Ok. OneDrive has been nothing but trouble. This doesn't surprise me. It's a Microsoft product. However, in the past, when I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, it's begun syncing again. Not this time. Nothing. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Three bloody times. Nothing is...
  10. recommendations for cloud backup and syncing -- OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    recommendations for cloud backup and syncing -- OneDrive?: I just got Windows 10. I've been using the cloud backup/folder syncing service Jungle Disk on Windows 7 for a while. I'm not very happy with Jungle Disk... no end of bugs and problems. Because Microsoft is pushing OneDrive so hard with Windows 10, I thought I would ask a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive full but only few mb used in cloud

2. completion of syncing to OneDrive is complete but sars there are 4 files remaining.