Windows 10: OneDrive options showing up again out of the blue

Discus and support OneDrive options showing up again out of the blue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 machine I disabled/removed OneDrive upon getting the computer some years ago. Now when I'm trying to save a MS Word doc, there's a OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by enso, Nov 28, 2019.

1. enso Win User

OneDrive options showing up again out of the blue

Windows 10 machine
    I disabled/removed OneDrive upon getting the computer some years ago. Now when I'm trying to save a MS Word doc, there's a OneDrive option and showing my email address.
    I do not want to see this option. How do I make it go away?
    Additionally, how can I make sure something isn't happening in some mysterious OneDrive place online with my email address?
    Troubleshooting so far:
    In Add or Remove Programs, there is no MS OneDrive listed.
    When bring up the Start menu and type OneDrive, it shows up, but when I click on it, nothing happens.

:)

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 28, 2019
  3. OneDrive System Tray App Resolution

When you search Apps for OneDrive it will not show the Advanced Options blue link which it shows if you pick it from the list.

Greg Carmack - MVP, Nov 28, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

OneDrive Issues- This PC Documents disappeared but still remains on OneDrive

Hi,

If your files are still showing in OneDrive, you may still get them back in the This PC folder by configuring the settings of OneDrive. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the OneDrive (blue/whitecloud) icon located in your taskbar.
    • Click Settings.
    • On the Account tab, select Choose folders.
    • At this point, you will have the option to choose which file you would like to sync and appear in the This PC folder. Select which files you want and click
      OK.

Let us know the results.

John Vil, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. OneDrive options showing up again out of the blue - Similar Threads - OneDrive options showing

2. how do i get the enter password option to show up again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get the enter password option to show up again?: I was trying to turn on safe boot, but i think i did the wrong thing. When i did ctrl r and then did misconfug then went to the boot tab, i clicked one of the safe boot options, when i was trying to turn on secure boot. I cannot log in now because the enter password option...
  3. how do i get the enter password option to show up again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get the enter password option to show up again?: I was trying to turn on safe boot, but i think i did the wrong thing. When i did ctrl r and then did misconfug then went to the boot tab, i clicked one of the safe boot options, when i was trying to turn on secure boot. I cannot log in now because the enter password option...
  4. How to get onedrive to show up again on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get onedrive to show up again on Windows 11: I stopped using OneDrive a few years ago when I realised that it was redownloading files I had deleted off my PC, and when I upgraded to Windows 11 I am sure I did something to get rid of it, but for the life of me I can't get it to show up again. All I want to do is get rid...
  5. How to get onedrive to show up again on Windows 11

How to get onedrive to show up again on Windows 11: I stopped using OneDrive a few years ago when I realised that it was redownloading files I had deleted off my PC, and when I upgraded to Windows 11 I am sure I did something to get rid of it, but for the life of me I can't get it to show up again. All I want to do is get rid...
  6. No wifi options show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi options show up: I have a wifi box connected to my pc with a ethernet cable. I haven’t payed my wifi bill so i’m trying to use another wifi option but they don’t show so i’m left with no wifi for my pc. I’ve unplugged the ethernet cable, unplugged the wifi box, ect and nothing works...
  7. No wifi options show up

No wifi options show up: I have a wifi box connected to my pc with a ethernet cable. I haven’t payed my wifi bill so i’m trying to use another wifi option but they don’t show so i’m left with no wifi for my pc. I’ve unplugged the ethernet cable, unplugged the wifi box, ect and nothing works...
  8. OneDrive again!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive again!!: I have a continual problem with OneDriveon my Desktop computer. It works for a while and then suddenly the quick access icons disappear and the files stop synching. If you right click on file explorer and click "pin to quick access" it doesn't work. So in the past I have...
  9. OneDrive options showing up again out of the blue

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive options showing up again out of the blue: Windows 10 machine I disabled/removed OneDrive upon getting the computer some years ago. Now when I'm trying to save a MS Word doc, there's a OneDrive option and showing my email address. I do not want to see this option. How do I make it go away? Additionally, how can I make...
  10. Action Center not showing up - AGAIN :-(

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center not showing up - AGAIN :-(: One of the more annoying bugs in Win 10 (which sits there since the beginning and still isn't fixed) is that occasionally the action center simply stops responding. Clicking on the icon or hitting Win-A then always turns into a No-Op. :-( I then always have to dig out Task...