Windows 10: Onedrive or Google Drive? Which is more Convenient?

Discus and support Onedrive or Google Drive? Which is more Convenient? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Which is more convenient? Onedrive or google drive? 118986 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Oct 3, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

Onedrive or Google Drive? Which is more Convenient?

Which is more convenient? Onedrive or google drive?

:)

yahanna, Oct 3, 2018
  2. RCoon Win User

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Oct 3, 2018
  3. OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

i was about to add that ... i never used OneDrive, since i got Google Drive previously i used Dropbox due to their offer when i bought a HTC One X

GreiverBlade, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Onedrive or Google Drive? Which is more Convenient?

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Onedrive or Google Drive? Which is more Convenient?

1. Onedrive or Google Drive? Which is more Convenient? - Similar Threads - Onedrive Google Drive

2. Document which needs to remain in a shared drive keeps moving to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document which needs to remain in a shared drive keeps moving to OneDrive: Apologies beforehand if this is a stupid question but . . . I had been working on a large spreadsheet saved in a shared drive at work. Offices at different locations also require access to this document. I had opened the file from the shared folder we all have access to. I...
  3. Windows Update gets smarter, more convenient in Windows 10 19H1

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update gets smarter, more convenient in Windows 10 19H1: Microsoft recently shipped Windows 10 19H1 Build 18282 to Insiders in the Fast ring and the company has introduced several new features including a light theme which can be enabled from Settings > Personalization > Color. Another important change that Microsoft introduced...
  4. Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive: Can a same folder be Sync with OneDrive and Google Drive. Any harm. 114123
  5. Replace OneDrive icon in explorer with Google Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replace OneDrive icon in explorer with Google Drive: Anyway to do this? I don't use Onedrive at all, i do use Google Drive, i just want to replace that shortcut to lead to google drive instead of onedrive? maybe editing through regedit? Thanks everyone. [img] 13233
  6. Which Drive is Which?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which Drive is Which?: I am trying to test a drive with seatools - and anything else available, such as inbuilt disk checking - but I can't figure out which drive is which. I can right click in explorer and select properties only to get a list of all drives on the system - and always in the same...
  7. Google Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Drive: I want to buy email tech support for google drive. Does anyone know how much it costs and where I go to upgrade. I am new to all this. thanks. [img] 49047
  8. New ways to comment on Microsoft files (and more) in Google Drive

in Windows 10 News
    New ways to comment on Microsoft files (and more) in Google Drive: Google Drive makes it easy to store and share files in the cloud so you can collaborate securely with your teams and clients while on the go. And we understand that teams work with all kinds of files and tools to get things done. Starting today, we're making it possible to...
  9. Google: Here’s to more HTTPS on the web!

in Windows 10 News
    Google: Here’s to more HTTPS on the web!: Security has always been critical to the web, but challenges involved in site migration have inhibited HTTPS adoption for several years. In the interest of a safer web for all, at Google we’ve worked alongside many others across the online ecosystem to better understand and...
  10. Delivering a more beautiful OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Delivering a more beautiful OneDrive: It’s been an exciting – and busy – few months here on the OneDrive Team. We’ve been rolling out lots of important design updates to folks using our Android, Windows Phone, and iOS apps. The first major design update came earlier this year on the Windows Phone app. And if...