Windows 10: OneDrive Personal Vault employee access

Discus and support OneDrive Personal Vault employee access in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Does anyone know if MS support employees have access to it? This has always been my fear of using something vendor-provided. Didn't it come out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kjlkjadfasdfasd, Mar 14, 2020.

1. OneDrive Personal Vault employee access

Hi,

Does anyone know if MS support employees have access to it? This has always been my fear of using something vendor-provided. Didn't it come out recently that tech support employees had access to consumer customer's email accounts?

I have been using Boxcryptor for years, but I've always used my own key, not one stored with them. I use it for financial documents and 2fa recovery keys, QR codes, PGP stuff, etc. I would honestly feel like it was safer using OneDrive instead of Boxcryptor, which requires a third-party virtual file system driver (CBFS Connect). I think there's probably less likelihood of file corruption due to a bug or something sticking with something like OneDrive. I do worry about losing to corruption content that's encrypted by me, so I regularly copy my encrypted files from the cloud to a local location unencrypted as a backup.

I've also read that MS does automated scanning of OneDrive for illegal content, which obviously requires full access. I have searched for any sort of MS documentation that on the new Personal Vault that definitively states one way or another, but so far I've found nothing.

:)

kjlkjadfasdfasd, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Farvatten Win User

OneDrive Personal Vault employee access

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...ional-storage/

It's under 'Current availability':

"If you are using OneDrive’s free or standalone 100 GB plan, you can try Personal Vault with a limited number of files. Office 365 subscribers can store as many files as they want in Personal Vault, up to their storage limit."

I think this is the paid plan he's referring.

Farvatten, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Farvatten Win User

I and other's without 365 got the 3 file limit message on activation back in September.

Personal Vault

Here's a Microsoft link that @Brink sent from that thread that's less evasive and more specific.

Protect your OneDrive files in Personal Vault - OneDrive

'Upload files or folders to Personal Vault

If you don't have an Office 365 Home or Personal subscription, you can only add up to three files in your Personal Vault. If you do have a subscription, you can add as many files as you want (up to your storage limit).'

Farvatten, Mar 14, 2020
  4. OneDrive Personal Vault employee access

Hi,

Does anyone know if MS support employees have access to it? This has always been my fear of using something vendor-provided. Didn't it come out recently that tech support employees had access to consumer customer's email accounts?

I have been using Boxcryptor for years, but I've always used my own key, not one stored with them. I use it for financial documents and 2fa recovery keys, QR codes, PGP stuff, etc. I would honestly feel like it was safer using OneDrive instead of Boxcryptor, which requires a third-party virtual file system driver (CBFS Connect). I think there's probably less likelihood of file corruption due to a bug or something sticking with something like OneDrive. I do worry about losing to corruption content that's encrypted by me, so I regularly copy my encrypted files from the cloud to a local location unencrypted as a backup.

I've also read that MS does automated scanning of OneDrive for illegal content, which obviously requires full access. I have searched for any sort of MS documentation that on the new Personal Vault that definitively states one way or another, but so far I've found nothing.

kjlkjadfasdfasd, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. OneDrive Personal Vault employee access - Similar Threads - OneDrive Personal Vault

2. Personal Vault Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal Vault Access: HiWhen I try to access my Personal Vault the pop-up window displays my primary alias contact email , then underneath says: Verify your identity followed by a defunct email address I no longer use.I want this address deleted and obviously wish to use my primary alias contact...
  3. Personal Vault Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal Vault Access: HiWhen I try to access my Personal Vault the pop-up window displays my primary alias contact email , then underneath says: Verify your identity followed by a defunct email address I no longer use.I want this address deleted and obviously wish to use my primary alias contact...
  4. Personal Vault Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. OneDrive Personal Vault - accessing from Android device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Personal Vault - accessing from Android device: I am trying to access my OneDrive Personal Vault using my Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone. Whatever I try I end up with a screen telling me to create a Personal Vault, rather than opening the existing one, which was in fact the 'starting point'. Steps taken: - sign in using my...
  6. OneDrive Personal Vault Sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Personal Vault Sync: I've activated the Personal Vault earlier this week. The OneDrive Sync appears to be in a loop while Syncing. Loop: Processing 2 changes Processing 6 changes Processing 44 changes Processing 38 changes I checked the folder and files I moved to the Vault, the status...
  7. OneDrive Personal Vault employee access

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Personal Vault employee access: Hi, Does anyone know if MS support employees have access to it? This has always been my fear of using something vendor-provided. Didn't it come out recently that tech support employees had access to consumer customer's email accounts? I have been using Boxcryptor for...
  8. OneDrive Personal Vault

OneDrive Personal Vault: Began using OneDrive Personal Vault and it worked fine for a period of time. I am now receiving the following error: 'We couldn't unlock you Personal Vault. Something went wrong. Please try again. Error Code: 0x8031b002' Can anyone provide guidance on how to resolve this...
  9. OneDrive Person Vault error

OneDrive Person Vault error: Hi, I'm trying to get the new Personal Vault feature set up on my laptop, but it will not install. Every time I go through the process OneDrive it seems to try to install OneDrive again (even though I already have it installed and running), then comes up with a message about...
  10. OneDrive personal Vault

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive personal Vault: Hi there, I was wondering did you guys sent me the recent OTP:0969530 for unlocking OneDrive vault. is this feature added in your OneDrive app? I recently got a notification from MS OneDrive. I opened it and it was about the personal vault. the thing that is teasing me is...