Windows 10: OneDrive Personal Vault error 0x80070490

Discus and support OneDrive Personal Vault error 0x80070490 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to get the new Personal Vault feature set up on my laptop, but it will not install. Every time I go through the process OneDrive it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimPW, Sep 10, 2019.

1. TimPW Win User

OneDrive Personal Vault error 0x80070490

Hi,

I'm trying to get the new Personal Vault feature set up on my laptop, but it will not install. Every time I go through the process OneDrive it seems to try to install OneDrive again (even though I already have it installed and running), then comes up with a message about setting up OneDrive for first time use (even though I've been using it successfully for years) with a progress bar. But then every time the progress bar gets to the end, I get a failure message with a pop up about needing to come to answers.microsoft.com and quote error code 0x80070490.

So, can anyone help me? I've tried searching for that error code, but haven't found anything relevant (one other person having the same problem, but the solutions in that thread didn't work for them and don't work for me either).

Thanks in advance.

:)

TimPW, Sep 10, 2019
  2. B. Parker Win User

OneDrive Error Code 0x80070490

When I go to OneDrive on my Web Browser, I can enter my OneDrive Personal Vault without an issue.

On the Windows 10 Pro x64 Desktop App, (on a Standard User Account) when I click the Personal Vault Shortcut, the Personal Vault Setup window opens and I enter my Administrator Credentials and then the setup window opens and it states that it's preparing
    "for first use".

Before completion, it errors out with Error Code 0x80070490.

Suggestions?

P.S. - my System is completely up to date with updates.

Lastly - why is there no Category in this forum for OneDrive?

B. Parker, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing OneDrive Personal Vault and additional storage options

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...ional-storage/

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Sep 10, 2019
  4. B. Parker Win User

OneDrive Error Code 0x80070490

Hmmm, so I did not attempt this latest solution.

I had logged out and then later logged on. I attempted to set up the Personal Vault on the desktop again and for whatever reason - it worked this time.

So, I think that your solution of resetting OneDrive worked, but an important step was that one has to log out and then in again to complete the setup.

Thank you for your help.

B. Parker, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. OneDrive Personal Vault error 0x80070490 - Similar Threads - OneDrive Personal Vault

2. OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw: There is a workaround for accessing the files supposedly secured in your personal vault that I accidentally discovered while tinkering around on my file explorer. By changing the View settings on the file explorer like so: Select View > Options > Change folder and search...
  3. Onedrive Personal Vault Issue

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Onedrive Personal Vault Issue: First Wouldn't open to let it finish syncing eariler, so then i selected all the files on the website version of Onedrive and attempted to move the files to another One Drive Directory, then disabled Personal vault, and now it keeps asking me to Resume syncing it lol. Any...
  4. OneDrive Personal Vault error 0xc3a001a

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Personal Vault error 0xc3a001a: When I try to unlock my Personal Vault, I always get the error code "0xc3a001a". Does anyone know what this error code means? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-personal-vault-error-0xc3a001a/b4cb7da3-b829-49ea-b85c-6ca9828874e9
  5. OneDrive Personal Vault Help

OneDrive Personal Vault Help: I have search for a few days to find the answers to these problems but my Googling Skills have failed. PC: Surface Pro 6 1. OneDrive Personal Vault is unable to Synch 131 Files. The files, I have no idea what they are or where they came from and cant find them on the...
  6. OneDrive Personal Vault Sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Personal Vault Sync: I've activated the Personal Vault earlier this week. The OneDrive Sync appears to be in a loop while Syncing. Loop: Processing 2 changes Processing 6 changes Processing 44 changes Processing 38 changes I checked the folder and files I moved to the Vault, the status...
  7. OneDrive Personal Vault employee access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Personal Vault employee access: Hi, Does anyone know if MS support employees have access to it? This has always been my fear of using something vendor-provided. Didn't it come out recently that tech support employees had access to consumer customer's email accounts? I have been using Boxcryptor for...
  8. OneDrive Personal Vault

OneDrive Personal Vault: Began using OneDrive Personal Vault and it worked fine for a period of time. I am now receiving the following error: 'We couldn't unlock you Personal Vault. Something went wrong. Please try again. Error Code: 0x8031b002' Can anyone provide guidance on how to resolve this...
  9. OneDrive Person Vault error

OneDrive Person Vault error: Hi, I'm trying to get the new Personal Vault feature set up on my laptop, but it will not install. Every time I go through the process OneDrive it seems to try to install OneDrive again (even though I already have it installed and running), then comes up with a message about...
  10. OneDrive personal Vault

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive personal Vault: Hi there, I was wondering did you guys sent me the recent OTP:0969530 for unlocking OneDrive vault. is this feature added in your OneDrive app? I recently got a notification from MS OneDrive. I opened it and it was about the personal vault. the thing that is teasing me is...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x8031b003

2. something went wrong with your personal vault

3. personal vault issue on one drive

4. i tried setting up personal vault on one drive but returns error,
  5. microsoft onedrive personal vault error 0x80070057,
  6. we couldnt setup your personal vault error: 0x80070057,
  7. 0x8031b002,
  8. personal vault issue 0x80310002c OneDrive,
  9. one drive personal vault error,
  10. 0x80070490 onedrive,