Windows 10: OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

Discus and support OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RDW0389, Feb 4, 2023.

1. RDW0389 Win User

OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a phone not a PC with my OneDrive app. I accidentally deleted my OneDrive, can I reinstall and still have all my files since it’s linked to my Microsoft account?

:)

RDW0389, Feb 4, 2023

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 4, 2023
  3. eve wang Win User
    Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive - Microsoft Support

eve wang, Feb 4, 2023
  4. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

REINSTALL ONEDRIVE

Try these steps out and let me know how it goes:

• Right-click Start button, choose Run
    • Type appwiz.cpl and click OK
    • Find "Microsoft OneDrive" in the list and uninstall it
    • Restart your computer
    • Go to the
      OneDrive Download Page here
      and click the "need to reinstall?" link on the page to get the new installer
    • Let me know if the installer has any trouble this time

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

1. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question - Similar Threads - OneDrive phone app

2. Uninstall Phone App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Phone App: This worked for me!The Your Phone app is preinstalled in Windows and can't be deleted.But see if the following works:Press Windows+R and type powershell. Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Click Yes.In the blue window, type or paste: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers...
  3. Uninstall Phone App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall Phone App: This worked for me!The Your Phone app is preinstalled in Windows and can't be deleted.But see if the following works:Press Windows+R and type powershell. Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Click Yes.In the blue window, type or paste: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers...
  4. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question: First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a phone not a PC with my OneDrive app. I accidentally deleted my OneDrive, can I reinstall and still have all my files since it’s...
  5. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question: First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a phone not a PC with my OneDrive app. I accidentally deleted my OneDrive, can I reinstall and still have all my files since it’s...
  6. Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive in Windows 10: In have uninstalled OneDrive for Windows 10 Right Click Start; Choose Run; Type appwiz.cpl and click OK; find OneDrive and delete it; restart the computer. Then when I go to the OneDrive Download Page, there is no reinstall option. The message is: if you have Windows 10,...
  7. Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive in Windows 10: In have uninstalled OneDrive for Windows 10 Right Click Start; Choose Run; Type appwiz.cpl and click OK; find OneDrive and delete it; restart the computer. Then when I go to the OneDrive Download Page, there is no reinstall option. The message is: if you have Windows 10,...
  8. Task scheduler and Onedrive (uninstalled) question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler and Onedrive (uninstalled) question.: [ATTACH] scheduler Is it normal to still have a schedule for it even if it's not installed anymore? submitted by /u/wiseude [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lpl8o3/task_scheduler_and_onedrive_uninstalled_question/
  9. Onedrive not syncing, unable to uninstall to reinstall,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onedrive not syncing, unable to uninstall to reinstall,: Hello Team, I have been looking through the community and cannot find a resolution. My one drive stopped syncing then the icon was gone altogether. I have onedrive version 20.124.0621.0006. Now when I try the "exe" an error comes up "windows cannot find the exe". The exe...
  10. Uninstall and reinstall question.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall and reinstall question.: I uninstalled April's KB4549951 because I could not log on to my computer the next day. Will this update automatically reinstall when I go to update my May updates?...