Windows 10: OneDrive Photo Sharing Functions - Can It Do This?

Discus and support OneDrive Photo Sharing Functions - Can It Do This? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've used Google Photos/Drive and Amazon Photos/Drive but I've yet to find a solution that can do all these things. Can anyone verify it these are all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Consultant271068, Mar 15, 2021.

1. OneDrive Photo Sharing Functions - Can It Do This?

I've used Google Photos/Drive and Amazon Photos/Drive but I've yet to find a solution that can do all these things. Can anyone verify it these are all possible with OneDrive?

1 You can manager your Photos on OneDrive by syncing to your Windows PC and manager photos and folders in File Explorer. So if you had/remove the photo from your local pictures folder, it is added/removed to/from your OneDrive Photos pretty sure it does this. Google removed the Google Photos folder from Google Drive 3 or so years ago making this impossible. Amazon DOES do it.

2 Does Onedrive do facial recognition so I can see all the different people in my photos and select a person to see all photos that person appears in?

3 You can create a shread space/group where other family members can share their photos and albums with each other. Now this one is another easy one that in general I assume is possible. But HERE'S THE CATCH... CAN IT *ALSO* DO THESE THINGS:

3a Anyone can create a shared photo ALBUM and all those that are given access to it can both add photos to it and if they want download photos from it. On Amazon, only the person that created and shared the album with the group can add photos to it. You can use Amazon Family Vault, but Family Vault does not allow the creation of albums inside it.

3b When I see my list of different people in my photos assuming Onedrive does facial recognition in photos, when I select a person to see all photos they are in, will it include the photos that others have shared with me in a shared group/album that the album/photo was not added to the shared group/album by me, or will it only show the photos I uploaded to my own account? Amazon only catalogs people in photos for only your photos and not photos in the Family Vault or Shared Groups. Utterly nuts it doesn't do this.

2b Ca Onedrive has facial recognition for photo storage so you can see

:)

Consultant271068, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Arnie Est Win User

How to make shared photo directory visible in PICTURES app in WindowsMoblie 10?

Hello Piotr,

Shared photos from OneDrive can only be viewed by the owner of the photos on the Photos app. The person you shared it with can only view or edit it on OneDrive. We would recommend that you send a suggestion in
    Feedback Hub app to make this feature available on Windows 10 Mobile.

To send a suggestion, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All apps, search for the Feedback Hub
      app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Arnie Est, Mar 15, 2021
  3. cognus Win User
    all new way to view, manage, and share photos in OneDrive

I for one am glad to see this. I'm not a big photo networker but am a big proponent of One Drive and reco it to people who look to me for support. the one thing that drives me berserk about onedrive at the moment is the difficulty in EMBEDDING photos in posts on websites, and what seems to be a related issue with links failing authentication. i.e. I "generate link" for certain people to access and copy materials from folders on my onedrive account, and as soon as they hit the server, they are challenged for credentials! but its random - sometimes link works, sometimes it fails. And it is time-consuming to just get that sharing work done - too many steps, boxes, dialogs, all to have either the embed fail or otherwise sharing fail.

cognus, Mar 15, 2021
  4. OneDrive Photo Sharing Functions - Can It Do This?

OneDrive sharing help

Its should be indefinite. I have a shared folder with a friend of mine for about two years now. Is it automatically cutting off?

TheMailMan78, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive Photo Sharing Functions - Can It Do This?

1. OneDrive Photo Sharing Functions - Can It Do This? - Similar Threads - OneDrive Photo Sharing

2. Onedrive shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive shared: If I use my personal school logon on another schools laptop, will my onedrive files be accessible to the computers main user after I logoff?Sync option never used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-shared/4f921fd9-1aaa-4584-af77-d52791141884
  3. Onedrive shared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive shared: If I use my personal school logon on another schools laptop, will my onedrive files be accessible to the computers main user after I logoff?Sync option never used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-shared/4f921fd9-1aaa-4584-af77-d52791141884
  4. Onedrive collaboration/share function Autosave

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive collaboration/share function Autosave: Is there a way to turn off the auto save function for a shared file? For example I am sharing a .ppt file with co-workers so that all can make changes. However we don't want the file to save automatically in case someone makes a mistake. Is there a way to turn off auto save...
  5. Share with OneDrive !

Share with OneDrive !: If I save anything to Video file it doesn't seem to synchronize with OneDrive as per the print screen attached ! I normally have to copy and paste to documents or photos to "Share" with OneDrive ! Can the video file be added to OneDrive ? I have read various articles on the...
  6. OneDrive "Share" function within Windows10 - default to NOT edit???

OneDrive "Share" function within Windows10 - default to NOT edit???: within Windows 10, you can right click on a file stored in the onedrive folder and share it with someone via a onedrive link. It seems the new update to windows 10 here defaults to allow "anyone with the link can edit". What if 99.9% of the time I only want people to view,...
  7. Export or Share function not working in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 News
    Export or Share function not working in Windows 10 Photos app: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, in the Photos App of Windows 10, the Export/Share button that allows the user to export or share the images and videos from the app may fail to work. This can be troublesome if the app is already [...] This post Export or Share function not working...
  8. Unable to share Albums from Photos app on OneDrive

Unable to share Albums from Photos app on OneDrive: Hi, I have been trying to share an Album in the Photos app via OneDrive. However the status bar text has been saying "[Album name] uploading to OneDrive - 1 of 15" for over 15 minutes. Each picture is about 7MB and my upload speed has been tested at 13mbps, so each picture...
  9. Onedrive photo sharing

Onedrive photo sharing: I have just setup a log in account for my Wife. The question I'm struggling with is: How can I share all my Onedrive stored photos . I can select 100 files at a time and share them, but this is going to be a very long process to share thousands of Photos. Kind Regards...
  10. Why is share function in Photo app so limited?

Why is share function in Photo app so limited?: I would like to post photos that I have edited in Photo App to Instagram. I'm running Windows 10 and have Instagram installed. Reinstalling Instagram doesn't help to add this site to the share options. Millions of others must find this frustrating as well. Why not have a...