Windows 10: OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC

Discus and support OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC. I tried every version of keeping the jpg on the local computer synced to OneDrive or only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterCumbria, Oct 2, 2019.

1. OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC

OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC. I tried every version of keeping the jpg on the local computer synced to OneDrive or only available on download. This is a OneDrive issue.

If I take the same folder and copy it outside of the OneDrive folder on the PC then all the thumbnails are shown for images, and even a thumbnail taken from the avi and mpg videos.

On the PC folder OneDrive that is linked to the online OneDrive, sometimes thumbnails seem like they are being generated for the jpg on the PC OneDrive copy, then they disappear, flashing, then the thumbnail goes and is replaced by a placeholder

This issue has been raised and closed previously without a resolution.

I spent 90 minutes a few days ago with an assure support technician and he thought it was resolved by copying the folder to another place outside OneDrive on the PC, but it does not resolve the issue. I have 450Gb on OneDrive and many thousands of images. This is a OneDrive issue and makes serious use unreliable.

:)

PeterCumbria, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Clavius Win User

Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Oct 2, 2019
  3. OneDrive on windows 10 explorer won't show thumbnails.

Hello, I have researched this for several hours and have no results. My photos in OneDrive will not display the thumbnails. I can copy the photos out of OneDrive and paste them anywhere else my PC and immediately the thumbnails appear. I go into the settings
    of OneDrive and check sync all files with PC they don't show and when I unchecked it they begin to show.

I saw somewhere where I can create copies of the photos in the same OneDrive folder and the thumbnails will show. I confirm this that does happen but I'm not going to do this on my 60,000 photos.

I also confirm that while using a third-party Explorer like XYplorer, the thumbnails work just fine. Therefore it is a combination of Windows 10 Explorer and OneDrive where the thumbnails will not show on the photos.

I have also confirmed that it does not work after uninstalling OneDrive and reinstalling it. Also, It does not work after rebooting.

Yes, the checkbox is checked in my advanced settings of folder men used to only to not show icons but always show thumbnails. Yes the performance of my PC is set to for appearance which means all the checkbox are checked. All the thumbnails show and every
    other folder on my computer except those that are under OneDrive. What is the solution?

I have also confirmed that they worked fine under Google Drive and also drop box so the issues are definitely OneDrive and Windows 10 Explorer.

KerryVWhite, Oct 2, 2019
  4. moonbugs Win User

OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC

Not all photo thumbnails showing.

Hi there chaps.

I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
    OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC [​IMG]

But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails.
    OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC [​IMG]

I have tried to delete the thumbnail cache and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt.

moonbugs, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC

1. OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC - Similar Threads - OneDrive photo thumbnails

2. not synced photo thumbnails not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not synced photo thumbnails not showing: I've got an issue where certain photos on my pc namely photos that aren't synced with onedrive don't have their thumbnails/previews showing, while the few photos that ARE synced with onedrive do have their thumbnails shown. Disabling onedrive simply just removes the...
  3. not synced photo thumbnails not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not synced photo thumbnails not showing: I've got an issue where certain photos on my pc namely photos that aren't synced with onedrive don't have their thumbnails/previews showing, while the few photos that ARE synced with onedrive do have their thumbnails shown. Disabling onedrive simply just removes the...
  4. Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC?: Hi folks, I'm most likely being idiotic but, I've just picked up a Zephyrus g14 to replace my Dell XPS 15. I did have another XPS delivered but it arrived wet and despite booting up, bricked after just 24 hours, Dell's aftercare service was appalling and so I decided to...
  5. File Explorer Not Showing Photo Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Showing Photo Thumbnails: Hello, I'm beyond frustrated. I'm trying to batch delete a bunch of photos at once but my file explorer is not showing the thumbnails so I am having to open each file to see what they are. This is way too time consuming. I've already done a search and followed some...
  6. Thumbnails won't generate in OneDrive local file pictures

Thumbnails won't generate in OneDrive local file pictures: My picture thumbnails won't generate for my OneDrive files on my local drive. They do generate for pictures not in the OneDrive folder. I've tried everything - restarting OneDrive, ensuring that the generate thumbnails box is checked in Explorer. Baffled...
  7. Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors

Photos in photo library not showing thumbnails and showing as errors: They show up fine on the Onedrive app I have on my phone, but all the photos on my laptop show as grey error thumbnails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-photo-library-not-showing-thumbnails-and/66b681d2-6d40-43c0-9312-1cad96f7e635"
  8. Thumbnails not showing image in Photos

Thumbnails not showing image in Photos: I am new to Windows 10 and I'm not sure what I've done, but all of the thumbnails for all my photos look like the Photos icon. The one that has a blue background and looks like a couple little mountains. How do I get then to show the photo image again?...
  9. How do i see thumbnails on a local OneDrive

How do i see thumbnails on a local OneDrive: Hi, below is a screenshot of my OneDrive (offline copy). How do a see video thumbnails? It is obviously pretty useless as is! Thanks, Steve [ATTACH]...
  10. Not all photo thumbnails showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not all photo thumbnails showing.: Hi there chaps. I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails" [img] But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails. [img] I have tried to delete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive photos not showing in photos

2. onedrive online missing preview pictures

3. no RAW Thumbnails on onedrive

4. photo app wont display images from onedrive folder,
  5. photos dont display in onedrive folder,
  6. one drive photos not displaying on windows 10,
  7. onedrive how to no display photos on pc