Windows 10: Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures

Discus and support Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is already a good post about it but it is locked and the solution doesn't satisfy me. Problem: Everytime OneDrive is starting up it adds the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fäbe, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Fäbe Win User

Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures

There is already a good post about it but it is locked and the solution doesn't satisfy me.

Problem:

Everytime OneDrive is starting up it adds the user folder "My Pictures" to the Location in the Photos app.

The above solution was to uninstall the photos app via a powershell command, which worked - for a few hours until it was automatically installed again.

How can one remove the photos app permanently or stop OneDrive adding folder on their own choice?

And i have deactivated tagging and facedetection in Office 365 too. It should only sync them to the cloud.

The real problem is actually the RuntimeBroker.exe that is using my 7200rpm 2TB HDD to 100% and i can't do nothing anymore. And that's a chain-reaction because every time Onedrive is started (or the PC) it adds the user folder "My Pictures" to the photos app, which then calls this runtime broker.

So every time I start the PC I've to remove the pictures location in the photos app then kill all the runtimebroker.exe processes.

We need ecxclusion options, or deactivating the automated adding of user folders.

I've also searched in the Settings-Privacy-Permissions, but the Photos app is not listed there (Nice one Microsoft btw. Same as the uninstall is greyed out) I even deactivated the complete folder access. (Pictures library access for this device is off) But I guess this doesn't count for that godmode photos app.

History:

Recently my Onedrive stopped working and was for days hanging with some uploads, always started again from counting the changes - never syncronized anything.

Then i unlinked my account and re-linked again, had to keep my pc running for 4 days where i couldn't use it until the Onedrive did some sort of indexing. (OneDrive.exe using 100% of disk going through all the files)

The actual files were not moved out of Onedrive - just unlinked from Onedrive - very strange.

And then it worked a couple of days and then it started again to block my HDD, this time with runtimebroker.exe.

What's going on??

Thank you

:)

Fäbe, Nov 27, 2018
  2. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures

1. Onedrive Photos app runtimerbroker Pictures - Similar Threads - Onedrive Photos app

2. Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?: Many of the photo files stored within the pictures folder on onedrive do not show up in the photos section.This seemed to occur after I got a new phone...
  3. Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?: Many of the photo files stored within the pictures folder on onedrive do not show up in the photos section.This seemed to occur after I got a new phone...
  4. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  5. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app: Hello,I’m new here as used Mac most of my life, many things still not 100% clear. I’ve just noticed that Photos app on Windows 10 is logged in to OneDrive account. I just wondering, can it backup my photos from albums on it to the cloud? Or the only way is to upload photos...
  6. Uploading pictures to OneDrive with Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. photos app and pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  8. photos app and pictures

photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  9. Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app

Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app: Hi everyone! I am fairly new to the Windows 10 photo application and I'm having some issues with organizing my pictures. 1st question: While in the "folders" tab, if I try to create a new folder and import my OneDrive pictures it will show the folders saved to my...
  10. Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are...

Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are...: Hey, so I just imported a bunch of pictures onto my computer through the Windows 10 Photos app and when I go into the Pictures folder, all of those new photos are located there. So there's no problem with the newly imported photos. Where the issue is, is with a bunch of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. runtime broker downloading onedrive pictures

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. runtime broker download onedrive

4. runtimebroker.exe 100% hd onedrive cpu,
  5. runtimebroker keeps accessing pictures,
  6. runtime brocker onedrive download,
  7. onedrive updating files constantly photos runtime broker,
  8. onedrive runtime broker,
  9. onedrive runtime broker constantly downloading pictures and videos,
  10. runtime broker downloading onedrive,
  11. runtime broker downloading pics form onedrive