Windows 10: OneDrive - PHOTOS - marking a photo as a "FAVORITE"

Discus and support OneDrive - PHOTOS - marking a photo as a "FAVORITE" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As someone who desperately wants to work within the Microsoft Ecosystem, your solution for photos really stinks, particularly with marking photos as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scottfactor, Apr 9, 2021.

1. OneDrive - PHOTOS - marking a photo as a "FAVORITE"

As someone who desperately wants to work within the Microsoft Ecosystem, your solution for photos really stinks, particularly with marking photos as "Favorites". I am fully aware that the Windows 10 PHOTOS APP has the "heart" icon to "favorite" a particular photo. However, this does not carry forward onto an android or IOS device. For example, I have an android phone and use OneDrive quite a bit. My question here is 1. Within the OneDrive "photos" function both on the internet or on Android, why the heck can't you allow us to "favorite" a photo or see photos that have already been marked as favorite via the Windows 10 Photos App????; and 2. Why the heck can't you port the Microsoft Photos App onto Android??? aren't you supposed to be a software company? Don't you realize that PHOTOS is one of the killer apps behind email, for example?? what the heck are you waiting for?

:)

scottfactor, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Marek Win User

How do I bulk download photos marked as favorite from iCloud?

I have about 1000 photos in iCloud marked as favorite and I would like to download them in full quality all at once. So far, I found two options and none of them is good:

1. Multi-select photos on iCloud and select download unmodified
      originals. This requires to click on all 1000 photos one by one and downloads .heic files which i further need to convert to jpg.
    2. Get iCloud for windows and download all the original files. However, this is very slow and I need to manually pick the favorites out of all files.

Marek, Apr 9, 2021
  3. HDFS Win User
    photos marked as favorites on computer one drive app

I spent hours reviewing over 5000 photos and marking favorites on the OneDrive app, using the "Photos" app on my laptop. Now I am unable to find out how to locate the photos I marked. Is there no way to go to a folder and pull up "favorites?"

HDFS, Apr 9, 2021
  4. WerdnaN Win User

OneDrive - PHOTOS - marking a photo as a "FAVORITE"

How to easily locate photos marked as Favorites after PC/OneDrive sync?

Hello,

This is probably something simple, but I wasn't able to easily locate photos marked as Favorite on my phone after syncing either onto OneDrive or PC. Let's say I have 10,000 photos and only 100 are in Favorites. Upon syncing them up I would like to have
    easy way of finding the ones marked as Favorites on the phone. But can't find a way to locate it as some searchable / filterable property either on PC or OneDrive after the sync.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks, Andrew

WerdnaN, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

OneDrive - PHOTOS - marking a photo as a "FAVORITE"

1. OneDrive - PHOTOS - marking a photo as a "FAVORITE" - Similar Threads - OneDrive PHOTOS marking

2. Sort photos by favorite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort photos by favorite: Hello,I have a folder with thousands of photos. I have marked some favorites out of those and want to delete all othersI tried to sort by Favorite, but there is no such option. I have the latest version of Win 11 as of Feb/03/2023How do I select the "non-favorites" so I can...
  3. Sort photos by favorite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort photos by favorite: Hello,I have a folder with thousands of photos. I have marked some favorites out of those and want to delete all othersI tried to sort by Favorite, but there is no such option. I have the latest version of Win 11 as of Feb/03/2023How do I select the "non-favorites" so I can...
  4. Searching for favorite photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching for favorite photos: So frustrated. I am trying to mark photos as favorites and then find them at a later date. I have read the threads and none are helpful and all seem to include people that get no resolution: My photo albums do seem to be in the photo app the main photos folder is and I have...
  5. Searching for favorite photos

Searching for favorite photos: So frustrated. I am trying to mark photos as favorites and then find them at a later date. I have read the threads and none are helpful and all seem to include people that get no resolution: My photo albums do seem to be in the photo app the main photos folder is and I have...
  6. Moving favorite marked photos to another folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving favorite marked photos to another folder: Hi Experts,Appreciate your assistance / guidance on How to move favorite photos into a different folder in File ExplorerThanks and RegardsZulfikkar Valiyakath...
  7. photos marked as favorites on computer one drive app

photos marked as favorites on computer one drive app: I spent hours reviewing over 5000 photos and marking favorites on the OneDrive app, using the "Photos" app on my laptop. Now I am unable to find out how to locate the photos I marked. Is there no way to go to a folder and pull up "favorites?"...
  8. Check marks on photos

Check marks on photos: I just replaced my computer. I had Windows 10 on the old one and on this. Photos now on the desktop have an annoying check mar in the left corner before I open them. How do I get rid of them? I think my older version allowed me to get photo viewer back Doesn't seem available...
  9. Favorites in Photos

Favorites in Photos: What does flagging a photo as "Favorite" in Photos do? I can't find anyway to search for "Favorite" as a parameter in File Explorer. How does "Favorites" function? What is it's purpose if not to filter search results?...
  10. Favorite photos

Favorite photos: Hi, I've marked some photos as favorites in Windows 10 (by clicking on a heart icon), now hey are gone from the list of all photos and can't find them anywhere. Where are they stored please? Thanks...