Windows 10: OneDrive - "Pictures" Default Folder Names and Purposes

Discus and support OneDrive - "Pictures" Default Folder Names and Purposes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 1. Can you explain what type of files and/or pictures get automatically uploaded to the default sub-folders that appear in the “Pictures” folder of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SDH4610, Mar 22, 2020.

1. SDH4610 Win User

OneDrive - "Pictures" Default Folder Names and Purposes

1. Can you explain what type of files and/or pictures get automatically uploaded to the default sub-folders that appear in the “Pictures” folder of OneDrive?

a. Camera Imports photos uploaded from camera sim cards?

b. Camera Roll photos uploaded from iPhone?

c. Saved Picturesphotos uploaded from other devices?

d. Scans scanned documents from your phone or scanner?

e. Screenshots "cntrl+print screen" captured screenshots from your computer?

:)

SDH4610, Mar 22, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Mar 22, 2020
  4. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

1. OneDrive - "Pictures" Default Folder Names and Purposes - Similar Threads - OneDrive Pictures Default

2. OneDrive folder named ""

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive folder named "": Hello, if anyone know how can this folder "" was created inside my OneDrive account. It was created last October 2023 and the thing is I don't have Japanese keyboard, language, setting related in my windows 11 PC. I also clearly did not created this folder. It translated...
  3. OneDrive folder named ""

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive folder named "": Hello, if anyone know how can this folder "" was created inside my OneDrive account. It was created last October 2023 and the thing is I don't have Japanese keyboard, language, setting related in my windows 11 PC. I also clearly did not created this folder. It translated...
  4. ONEDRIVE DEFAULT STORAGE FOLDER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONEDRIVE DEFAULT STORAGE FOLDER: Onedrive is currently being stored on my C drive I'd like to move the folder to a different partition or secondary internal drive. Is there a way to just the files stored in the cloud and not on my desktop? I have 5tb and it makes no sense to have it taking up space on my...
  5. OneDrive Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Pictures Folder: How do I get rid of the OneDrive Pictures Folder that shows under This PC in File Explorer. I have unlinked OneDrive. I have no OneDrive Cloud Icon, I have no other OneDrive Folders that show up anywhere. OneDrive itself is not on my computer, yet the Picture Folder linked to...
  6. Pictures Folder and OneDrive

Pictures Folder and OneDrive: I have an account on my PC - when I linked OneDrive - it redirected the default pictures folder to the OneDrive folder - which I do not want. So I unlinked OneDrive, and deleted the OneDrive folder on my desktop. Now all I want is my Pictures folder in my User Folder. Why is...
  7. Problem Moving default Picture Folder and using OneDrive Backup Function

Problem Moving default Picture Folder and using OneDrive Backup Function: Hi, my setup: OneDrive default location on c:\ small ssd custom picture folder on d:\ a lot of disc space I have successfully 'moved' i.e. set a new path my default Win 10 Picture folder from the small ssd under c:\ to the larger d:\ drive both separate physical drives....
  8. Two folders named pictures

Two folders named pictures: I have to go to OSC: >users>still>pictures to find all the files I have under pictures. THEN... there is another folder labeled Pictures that is under my name> pictures. i do not like having to go to OSC: >Users>still>pictures just to save something or find something in my...
  9. OneDrive and my pictures folder

OneDrive and my pictures folder: Hi group, I've been using OneDrive on my laptop and my desktop for many years. Recently I noticed that all my pictures are stored on OneDrive, but not my laptop. I don't recall changing anything except entering the Samsung Promo code on OneDrive. The Samsung promo code was...
  10. Default Pictures Folder is Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Pictures Folder is Gone: For some reason, my picture folder is in "Quick Access" pinned. When I go into the properties of the Photos folder that is pinned in "Quick Access", I look at the locations tab and it says it's in my User Folder. Though it does not appear inside of the User Folder, whereas...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default folder names in onedrive