Windows 10: OneDrive pictures folder sharing to my other OneDrive account

Discus and support OneDrive pictures folder sharing to my other OneDrive account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just purchased Office 365 Premium for my family with 5 1T accounts, original intention was to automatically sync all pictures and videos from family... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mora67, Dec 26, 2017.

1. mora67 Win User

OneDrive pictures folder sharing to my other OneDrive account

I just purchased Office 365 Premium for my family with 5 1T accounts, original intention was to automatically sync all pictures and videos from family (2 parents + 2 kids) iPhones and Android phones to one OneDrive account. 5th account is for family XBox to watch pictures and videos from all other 4 accounts. Point is to make syncing automatic without any manual scheduled actions.

But it doesn't seem to be as easy as I thought: I see sync possibility only for the folders created by user, but for pictures coming from smartphones I see no sync options. It seems that OneDrive creates this pictures "folder", and cannot be synced with other account. And in phones I see no option to save pictures automatically to a specific folder in OneDrive, only option is OneDrive personal. If this is true, seems like only choice to sync all to one account is to use one account for all devices. Please correct me if wrong, and help if someone already solved this*Smile.

:)

mora67, Dec 26, 2017
  2. chrisky6 Win User

Can't view shared OneDrive folders in Photos app for Windows 10

Hi,

I want to share a folder of pictures with another Microsoft account so they can view the pictures in their Photos app on their PC. The shared folder appears in their OneDrive folder when viewing through a web browser, but I cannot see the shared folder in
    the Photos app.

I have shared the folder with the other user, who has added it to their OneDrive account. The other user does not want to sync the shared folder to their PC because they have limited space on their hard drive. They would like to keep the shared folder as
    cloud-based content. Other cloud-based pictures are showing up in their Photos app and we have turned on the setting to "Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive" in the photos app and the collection view includes OneDrive content from all folders.

Is there a way to view cloud-based pictures in shared folders in OneDrive in the Photos app?

We are using Windows 10 version 1511 OS build 10586.36 and Photos app version 15.1208.10480.0.

Thanks!

Chris

chrisky6, Dec 26, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    Multiple Windows Phones in a business and One Drive

The shared folder is synced.

I shared the camera roll folder from my primary phone in OneDrive using my PC to another phone, different account. Took two pictures using my primary phone.

Opened the OneDrive app on the other phone and the shared Camera Roll folder from my primary phone had updated and the two new pictures are there. Same thing would happen on a desktop.

That is the purpose of sharing OneDrive folders, multiple users seeing and being able to work on the same task.

garym123, Dec 26, 2017
  4. mora67 Win User

Seems to be that there is no sync possibility, if intention to sync media streams automatically between family devices where each has own personal 1T OneDrive accounts in their devices.

mora67, Mar 16, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive pictures folder sharing to my other OneDrive account - Similar Threads - OneDrive pictures folder

2. Share sub folders in onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share sub folders in onedrive: I have shared a parent folder in onedrive in office 365. when i or the shared user creates a sub folder, this is not synced and does not display. how do i set onedrive so as any sub folders and content are automatically synchronised with other users?...
  3. OneDrive Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Pictures Folder: How do I get rid of the OneDrive Pictures Folder that shows under This PC in File Explorer. I have unlinked OneDrive. I have no OneDrive Cloud Icon, I have no other OneDrive Folders that show up anywhere. OneDrive itself is not on my computer, yet the Picture Folder linked to...
  4. Pictures Folder and OneDrive

Pictures Folder and OneDrive: I have an account on my PC - when I linked OneDrive - it redirected the default pictures folder to the OneDrive folder - which I do not want. So I unlinked OneDrive, and deleted the OneDrive folder on my desktop. Now all I want is my Pictures folder in my User Folder. Why is...
  5. My pictures folder is in my Onedrive and it's annoying.

My pictures folder is in my Onedrive and it's annoying.: [ATTACH] As you can see, my pictures folder is in my Onedrive and I don't want it there. I've tried restoring the default location of my pictures folder but it gives me the following error message: [ATTACH] I've also tried editing the registry as per what I found from...
  6. OneDrive Shared Folder

OneDrive Shared Folder: I am trying to use a OneDrive shared folder ( Frame ) as a source of Photos for a Digital PhotoFrame. I want others to be able to drop photos to this folder. My Wife and I use Ipads. I shared my ' Frame ' folder with her. On MY Ipad, I CAN select a photo and send it to the '...
  7. My OneDrive isn't showing its content in Documents and pictures or any other shared folder.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My OneDrive isn't showing its content in Documents and pictures or any other shared folder.: My OneDrive isn't showing its content in Documents and pictures or any other shared folder. Also my background pictures are not visible in the themes folder. If I go to Onedrive on the browser, alle my documentens etc. are normal visible, it just won't show on my Laptop....
  8. OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files

OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files: I created a View-Only Shared OneDrive Folder with another person. I have confirmed that this folder is visible on their OneDrive Account and was downloaded onto all their devices. I then added files to the Folder, but the files themselves have not been shared. The files...
  9. OneDrive and my pictures folder

OneDrive and my pictures folder: Hi group, I've been using OneDrive on my laptop and my desktop for many years. Recently I noticed that all my pictures are stored on OneDrive, but not my laptop. I don't recall changing anything except entering the Samsung Promo code on OneDrive. The Samsung promo code was...
  10. Using Shared OneDrive Folders

Using Shared OneDrive Folders: My parents are luddites, so when it comes to keeping their photos organised and backed up, it's easier if I just do it for them. About a month ago Microsoft introduced the ability to use shared OneDrive folders from the desktop (Info Here). Therefore, it's crossed my mind...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. share camera roll from one 0nedrive account to another