Windows 10: OneDrive pictures suddenly missing

Discus and support OneDrive pictures suddenly missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, checked my OneDrive account today to find lots of my pictures were missing. I haven't deleted any of these pictures and they were all taken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Naveenikins, Nov 10, 2018.

1. OneDrive pictures suddenly missing

Hi,

checked my OneDrive account today to find lots of my pictures were missing. I haven't deleted any of these pictures and they were all taken around the same time. Please let me know if there is anyway for me to recover them

Thanks

:)

Naveenikins, Nov 10, 2018
  2. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 10, 2018
  4. OneDrive pictures suddenly missing

OneDrive Personal Missing 'Green Ticks'

Hi James,

The issue that you encountered regarding the program is may be caused by some files or components that are missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you
    reset OneDrive using the Run commands. This process will restart the program to its working state and eliminate any software conflicts. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Run, and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the Run window and click
      OK.
      • %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Make sure that the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar will disappear and reappear after a minute or two.
    • If the icon doesn’t reappear after a few minutes, copy this command:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe
      and paste it into the
      Run window, and then click OK.
    • Once you’re done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive pictures suddenly missing

1. OneDrive pictures suddenly missing - Similar Threads - OneDrive pictures suddenly

2. Missing pictures.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing pictures.: I updated my laptop a few days ago. After that, I haven't seen my photos anywhere. I took a screenshot of my desktop to see where it would be saved to, and it created an entirely new pictures folder. I had many pictures before, but they are all gone now, and I think the...
  3. Missing pictures.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing pictures.: I updated my laptop a few days ago. After that, I haven't seen my photos anywhere. I took a screenshot of my desktop to see where it would be saved to, and it created an entirely new pictures folder. I had many pictures before, but they are all gone now, and I think the...
  4. All the pictures are suddenly missing from my PC

All the pictures are suddenly missing from my PC: Today I checked the pictures I had collected for years and surprise, I don't have any more pictures. I didn't delete any photos but I updated to windows. I dont know if updating windows may affect in some ways. How can we contact Microsoft for support?What can I do?Thanks...
  5. All the pictures are suddenly missing from my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All the pictures are suddenly missing from my PC: Today I checked the pictures I had collected for years and surprise, I don't have any more pictures. I didn't delete any photos but I updated to windows. I dont know if updating windows may affect in some ways. How can we contact Microsoft for support?What can I do?Thanks...
  6. All the pictures are suddenly missing from my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows Photos missing pictures from Onedrive

Windows Photos missing pictures from Onedrive: Hi!I've configured the Pictures folder from my Onedrive to "Always keep on this device" on my computer, them I have all my photos always available.But, if I turn off the option "Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive" the Windows Photos App is missing pictures, and I don't...
  8. missing pictures

missing pictures: help I have imported some pictures from sd card in canon camera to my laptop and now I cant find them anywhere on laptop what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-pictures/2ab4a17a-b525-4053-beac-8c54cc5c1774"
  9. missing pictures

missing pictures: help I have imported some pictures from sd card in canon camera to my laptop and now I cant find them anywhere on laptop what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-pictures/8cd2d41f-bca5-4885-9cd2-6c548e11e6e2"
  10. pictures missing

pictures missing: When I downloaded pictures from the phone to the desktop and then opened the folder I saw that I was empty. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-missing/bd663e58-6cd0-4931-bbe7-e6220016e26e"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive photos disappeared windows 10

2. onedrive picture missing

3. onedrive photo missing