Windows 10: OneDrive - Prevent Delete Shared Items

Discus and support OneDrive - Prevent Delete Shared Items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, This is actually a OneDrive question. I would like to share a folder with multiple excel files with my sister so that she could update it by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gnulab, Nov 12, 2020.

1. gnulab Win User

OneDrive - Prevent Delete Shared Items

Hi,

This is actually a OneDrive question.

I would like to share a folder with multiple excel files with my sister so that she could update it by herself.

Thus, I choose the Allow Edit option when creating a link.

The explanation on the Tutorial (Share OneDrive Files and Folders) about the permission is as such:

So, how can I prevent my sister from deleting any of the files within that folder whilst still allowing her to edit the files?

Thank you
    Henry

:)

gnulab, Nov 12, 2020

2. OneDrive sharing help

Its should be indefinite. I have a shared folder with a friend of mine for about two years now. Is it automatically cutting off?

TheMailMan78, Nov 12, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    OneDrive sharing help

Hi TPU,

one of my customers at work want to share a folder on his OneDrive for business with a external user, normal sharing lasts 7days, is it possible to get like a permanent login solution?

I tried a few guides, problem is Microsoft Translation to Danish doesn't help and if I change language online on his Office 365 the settings language in OneDrive don't change and yes using Internet Explorer just to rule that out.

So if anyone got a easy guide I would be happy, bcs I don't want my customer to call or write me a email every week that his external user needs access.

puma99dk|, Nov 12, 2020
  4. tfwul Win User

OneDrive - Foldertree - item: PCs

The OneDrive foldertree shows an item "PCs"
    I am not sure what this is supposed to mean, or better, what I can do with it.

Clicked on it and got a screen with a number of PCs that are, already for quite some time, not in use anymore.
    But the current PC's (and VM's) they are nót listed, though OneDrive is running on them.

Vainly searched for more information on this. Maybe this is the remainder from the Windows 7/8 time or so?

OneDrive - Prevent Delete Shared Items [​IMG]

tfwul, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

1. OneDrive - Prevent Delete Shared Items - Similar Threads - OneDrive Prevent Delete

2. Onedrive shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive shared: If I use my personal school logon on another schools laptop, will my onedrive files be accessible to the computers main user after I logoff?Sync option never used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-shared/4f921fd9-1aaa-4584-af77-d52791141884
  3. Onedrive shared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive shared: If I use my personal school logon on another schools laptop, will my onedrive files be accessible to the computers main user after I logoff?Sync option never used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-shared/4f921fd9-1aaa-4584-af77-d52791141884
  4. No access permissions to item is preventing item from syncing to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No access permissions to item is preventing item from syncing to OneDrive: An unimportant .lnk is not being backed up by OneDrive due to "No access permissions to item". What is the recommended action? The file it links to was used to backup my last mobile to the PC as an intermediary, then restored to the new mobile. Looking at the Properties of...
  5. No access permissions to item is preventing item from syncing to OneDrive

No access permissions to item is preventing item from syncing to OneDrive: An unimportant .lnk is not being backed up by OneDrive due to "No access permissions to item". What is the recommended action? The file it links to was used to backup my last mobile to the PC as an intermediary, then restored to the new mobile. Looking at the Properties of...
  6. Computer Management -> shared folders -> shares miss add&delete items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Management -> shared folders -> shares miss add&delete items: A few days ago, I upgraded 21h2, but now this option is not available. Forgive me for this rubbish English expression. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-management-shared-folders-shares-miss/7603186e-ba84-4acf-aa0b-5026c84859cc
  7. Computer Management -> shared folders -> shares miss add&delete items

Computer Management -> shared folders -> shares miss add&delete items: A few days ago, I upgraded 21h2, but now this option is not available. Forgive me for this rubbish English expression. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-management-shared-folders-shares-miss/7603186e-ba84-4acf-aa0b-5026c84859cc
  8. Computer Management -> shared folders -> shares miss add&delete items

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Share with OneDrive !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share with OneDrive !: If I save anything to Video file it doesn't seem to synchronize with OneDrive as per the print screen attached ! I normally have to copy and paste to documents or photos to "Share" with OneDrive ! Can the video file be added to OneDrive ? I have read various articles on the...
  10. OneDrive - Prevent Delete Shared Items

OneDrive - Prevent Delete Shared Items: Hi, This is actually a OneDrive question. I would like to share a folder with multiple excel files with my sister so that she could update it by herself. Thus, I choose the Allow Edit option when creating a link. The explanation on the Tutorial (Share OneDrive Files and...