Windows 10: OneDrive problem on W10

Discus and support OneDrive problem on W10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my desktop I run W10 with access to my OneDrive. I suddenly cannot open a huge amount of files on this drive. Default icons for the files are still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by peterdammers, Jun 21, 2019.

1. OneDrive problem on W10

On my desktop I run W10 with access to my OneDrive. I suddenly cannot open a huge amount of files on this drive. Default icons for the files are still displayed in Windows Explorer, but when I right click the icons for properties, Explorer says their file sizes on the disk is 0 (zero). Strange enough W10 on my laptop does still show the missing files, so thank God they are still there, but inaccessible on my desktop. Somehow this 'behaviour' has now stopped, as the more recently uploaded files on my desktop are normally displayed (thumbnails), and can be opened.

Any ideas on what happened and how this could be fixed?

Peter

:)

peterdammers, Jun 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 21, 2019
  3. kernrsn Win User
    W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, Jun 21, 2019
  4. OneDrive problem on W10

OneDrive Printing Problems

That Solved the problem. Thanks.

Johnsavery, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive problem on W10

1. OneDrive problem on W10 - Similar Threads - OneDrive problem W10

2. w10 boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 boot problem: when i select my usb on boot screen and i enter there is a black screen opening and it says a disk error occurredi am used rufus and i dont know the problem pls help my laptop camed pre installed w10when i select uefi in bios in boot screen there is only harddisk option when...
  3. w10 activation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 activation problem: I cant activate my window it always telling me this and i already remove kms pico that installed in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-activation-problem/4288692b-4159-4ea6-a5ac-d3ce87132b2e
  4. W10 Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 Problem: so i Got a virus with 20 notifications that i have a trojan or a virus. so i renstalled windows because my cortana search does not work when im trying to download a game launcher it finishes the download at its MB but its stuck on the blue circle. and i cant open any steam...
  5. W10 OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 OneDrive: The 1D taskbar, support icon links to a dead site: OneDrive Archive: Windows 36 ideas – Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive uservoice.com How about some support for OneDrive?...
  6. w10 подключение приложения Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w10 подключение приложения Onedrive: B w10 Onedrive не подключён. Он был удалён при перезагрузке W10. Как подключить ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10/6d5ca59a-58ba-4dbb-ad4f-a60a89eaddc9
  7. w10 update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    w10 update problems: Hi. I am trying to update my W10. Many times now, i have downloaded it, and it fails during installation, at about the 35% mark. I get an error code of 0x80070002. I have been through trouble-shooting about 3 times now. Can anyone offer advice on this please?...
  8. Mouse with W10 problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse with W10 problems: Since installing W10, I cannot resize a window mouse shows the corers & side options, but does nothing, can't grab & drop, and can't highlight text to move or delete. I'm using an M705 Logitech mouse which was working just fine b4 going to W10....
  9. W10 Activation problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Activation problem: I am going nuts. I have an Alienware M17x previously running W7 Home. I upgraded to W10 Home last week (V1511). It went well and W10 was shown as activated with a digital entitlement. Great. However, now after a week or so, in the middle of using my machine normally I...
  10. OneDrive for Business won't sync on W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive for Business won't sync on W10: I am have two problems with 1DfB. 1. It won't let me choose a sync location on my other hard drive. Could it be becase that Hardrive is formatted to exFAT? The error I get says: Sorry, we can't save your documents to the chosen location. Try picking a differnt place on...