Windows 10: OneDrive Question/s - Help Massively Appreciated

Discus and support OneDrive Question/s - Help Massively Appreciated in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, Is there a way to make OneDrive work the opposite way around as such? I don't want to save/download a new file and it be automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Asteroid, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Asteroid Win User

OneDrive Question/s - Help Massively Appreciated

Hello all, Is there a way to make OneDrive work the opposite way around as such? I don't want to save/download a new file and it be automatically uploaded to OneDrive then cached to my PC. I'd rather it be saved locally first and then a copy uploaded to the cloud. I don't mind about changes to the local file, document etc being synched to OneDrive. At present I have C:\Users\\OneDrive\Documents & C:\Users\\Documents. I want everything, by default to be saved to C:\Users\\Documents i.e. locally on the machine. As far as I can tell, OneDrive changes the location for storage when you select the various folders you want backing up/synching without telling the user. Don't get me wrong, it does work well and I haven't had any issues as such but out of a matter of principle I'd rather anything I save be to my machine first, not second. Also, I can save a file to C:\Users\\Documents if I manually point to the folder and that isn't replicated to OneDrive folder. Everything is automatically saved to the OneDrive folder. I've also upgraded my subscription and for some reason, that copied every single file within the drive and added "-copy" to the filename. I've sorted that, eventually, by deleting every instance of "-copy".txt/jpeg/whatever Anyone help please? Or is this just the way OneDrive works? I've never really paid much attention to the intricacies in the past. I've looked online at various posts/threads but none really seem to actually answer my question, although a lot of other people seem to be asking more or less the same thing. Thanks in advance.

:)

Asteroid, Jun 13, 2021
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

I appreciate all the help with this, but some are forgetting that Onedrive for Business is totally different than the basic consumer Onedrive.

I would if it were more mainstream and supported all my CAD software.

Freezer, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Techtu Win User

New PC, Opinions appreciated.

He did *Smile OneDrive Question/s - Help Massively Appreciated :)

Techtu, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

1. OneDrive Question/s - Help Massively Appreciated - Similar Threads - OneDrive Question Help

2. Another question I need help with ... please help me I greatly appreciate it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Another question I need help with ... please help me I greatly appreciate it.: I have noticed my boot time takes much longer and when i bring up task manager i have 105 programs in the processes too... not sure whats going on. i was supposed to get help awhile ago but they always called at a bad time but now its worse. this has been happening since i...
  3. Any help is appreciated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any help is appreciated: submitted by /u/psystylist150 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jry0fr/any_help_is_appreciated/
  4. Any help is greatly appreciated

Any help is greatly appreciated: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pondorasti [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jambw7/any_help_is_greatly_appreciated/
  5. help would be appreciated

help would be appreciated: i am trying to disable the large box next to my volume slider popup altogether, i have found some results but all they do is change the box to just saying chrome. if any of you know how to remove the box altogether, that is greatly appreciated submitted by...
  6. Any help greatly appreciated

Any help greatly appreciated: submitted by /u/WHOinvitedLAGG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ho52kt/any_help_greatly_appreciated/
  7. Help would be appreciated

Help would be appreciated: I'm trying to use the media creation tool to boot up my new PC I built, but after it downloads and goes to send to the USB drive it stops at 30% and says no room. My USB drive has 31 gigs of available space and the tool says it only needs about 8 to download. I could really...
  8. Help much appreciated

Help much appreciated: if I bought a portable hardrive to connect to my MacBook (I'm running Windows 10 through boot camp) will it add storage to windows 10? Or do I have to reinstall windows 10 and allocate it more storage? submitted by /u/InfinitySlayerX [link] [comments]...
  9. Any help would be appreciated!

Any help would be appreciated!: submitted by /u/Cheeeszuz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dr7z1r/any_help_would_be_appreciated/
  10. NTOSkrnl+14d2e9 - Help Appreciated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NTOSkrnl+14d2e9 - Help Appreciated: Having BSODs daily. Would appreciate the help. File attached.Attachment 62888 39998